tejas design is based upon
saab 37 Viggen & mirage 2000

View attachment 381285
so
funny
still called it "Indigenous"
tejas design is based upon
saab 37 Viggen & mirage 2000

France didnt design the airframe, they consulted. There are several countries right now taking consulting work. Your own senior JV partner took consulting work for the JF17, so wtf did you do in the 90s, let alone now? You guys love to throw stones from a glass house.

Any other media outlets reporting this?
100% LIE, bids will only open on April 1st, this news is a complete sham, no selection has been made as of yet.

Are they offering Raven ES-05 AESA radar from Finmeccanica Sllex or PS-05/A from Ericsson?
Why not go for RBE2 AA from Thales. This is more stable radar.

Raven ES-05 has a detection range of 150 km, aerial targets >14 targets.
for RBE2 AA has a detection range of 200 km, aerial targets 40 targets.

And If I'm not wrong Thales has company in India.
To speed up the selection process invitations were only sent out to 5 OEMs:

1. Elta , Israel
2. SAAB, Sweden
3. Thales, France
4. Raytheon , USA
5. ROSOBORONEXPORT , Russia.

:o:......o_O

I thought India is going for the Israeli radar.
What happened to the elta AESA radar?
The EL/M-2052 had been selected for the Jag DARIN IIII upgrade (also done by HAL) and thus, IMHO, is in pole position for this deal also but having an open bid may squeeze some extra goodies from them.

Yesterday some Indian dude was claiming that home grown Uttam Radar (along with many other goodies) will equip their Teja. Now this news of acquiring Saab system for it. Well, a paper plane will remain a plane on paper/propaganda regardless which system they buy for it. The project is a colossal failure that should have been abadoned years ago. It's only their ego that is keeping this white elephant still alive. Since several squadrons of Thunder are already operational, Indians cannot afford to give up on Teja thingy.
Before you go making the typical Pakistani mistake of digging oneself a hole how about you apply some basic sense?

This AESA radar selection is for the MK.1A that will fly in 2018 and be in service by 2020. The MK.1A is a HAL upgrade of the Mk.1 LCA that the IAF has ordered (intially 83 units) and thus HAL are going for off the shelf solutions (EW suite, IFR probe and AESA radar) to expediate the development cycle, seperately DRDO (ADA) are working on the next generation version (MK.2) that will have the Uttam and will be a much improved plane over the MK.1/A.

Embarrasingly (for you) the Mk.1A version of the LCA will be FAR more capable than even your proposed Blk.3 of the JF-17.

The UTTAM is not meant to be ready for service before 2021-2 and is being targetted to enter service on the LCA MK.2. It is India's FIRST ever fighter AESA radar, it will require extensive testing, for this purpose the PV-2 ( part of the LCA flight test fleet) is beinf redied to act as a flying test bed for the Uttam from later this year.

Seperately, the Kaveri will also be mated to an LCA (a different airframe) sometime in the next 18 months and begin its own flight test schedule.

The day is not far that the LCA will be flying with a fully indigenious AESA radar and powered by an indigenious engine.

ok I exaggerated a bit and it was just to tease you guys, but for my little knowledge can you enlighten me how Russia and USA's planes are not fully indigenous? no joke ... serious discussion
Look at the Gripen as an example of how fighters are/can be made in a globalised world:

87625-saab-ja39-gripen.jpg

The Russians should actually source certain technologies from third parties (look at how the IAF improved the Su-30 by creating the MKI with French, Israeli and Indian techs), they don't for their own reasons.

The Americans are in their own catergory, no one can come even close to them when it comes to a MIC.

The F-22 AESA radar is using inferior GaAs technology.
The advances in electronic components makes it possible to design much more efficient radars,
than what was possible 10-15 years ago, when the F-22 radar was designed.
I am not a technical person,but I do believe that GaAs aesa isn't that inferior, what makes f22 radar superior is it's LPI mode and processing power which no one can mimic in near future. Also apg77 can lift up its enemy with bout being known by them,do your Saab has this capabilities?

Lastly I stop buying any sweedish claims on sweedish military equipments after seeing a YouTube video of gripen taking down sure 35s.

Finmeccanica is black listed in India, so we can safely assume that it would be PS-05/A from Ericsson. I think LCA has small nose cone size and RBE2 AA might not be compatible with it. Also with GE F-404 engine, power available for radar might not be adequate for RBE2 AA power requirements.

If my memory is correct,it was discussed in PDF itself long back,and LCA has bigger nose cone than rafale.

It is, but a tender for 100 AESA radars was put out from HAL for the MK1A. Tejas MK1A is purely a HAL managed product, it's HAL taking DRDO's design, further inhouse improving on it. MK1A was an agreement between HAL, IAF for further orders, with AESA, etc. so please tell me how it's a colossal failure when the user extended the order?

And UTTAM Radar is being developed, matter a fact, pretty fast at that..

6p6mnd.png

They've already chosen an LSP for flight testing.
736 T/R modules to be precise!

Yet another imported component for fully indigenous Tejas

India selects Saab for Tejas fighter radar

http://www.c4isrnet.com/articles/india-selects-saab-for-tejas-fighter-radar

India has chosen Saab to provide the active electronically scanned array radar for its Tejas Mk 1A fighter.

"The AESA fighter radar is developed by Saab with antenna technology based on the latest technologies using Gallium Nitride (GaN) and Silicone Carbide (SiC) substrates in combination with the latest generation of exciter/receiver and processor technology, giving optimum installed performance in a dense signal environment," according to a company news release.

In addition, Saab will provide an electronic warfare suite for the Tejas. "The heart of the suite is an electronic warfare receiver which is connected to a front end receiver and fin tip antennas inside the aircraft," Saab said.

Never, you must be dreaming or taking the fan boys seriously. We (PAF) is very satisfied with the existing KLJ-7 Radar.

Weren't you guys thinking of buying this radar for your JF-17 . There goes that option out of the window :lol:

Weren't you guys thinking of buying this radar for your JF-17 . There goes that option out of the window :lol:

Naah we are probably interested in Italian one.

Anyways we have been using Swedish AESA radar in our AWACS aircrafts from SAAB.

I am not a technical person,but I do believe that GaAs aesa isn't that inferior, what makes f22 radar superior is it's LPI mode and processing power which no one can mimic in near future. Also apg77 can lift up its enemy with bout being known by them,do your Saab has this capabilities?

If my memory is correct,it was discussed in PDF itself long back,and LCA has bigger nose cone than rafale.

SAAB support LPI waveforms with their Sea Giraffe AESA radar.
They have thus had this technology for years.

http://saab.com/region/north-america/USA/naval/surface-radar/sea-giraffe-4a/

As for processing power, would you prefer to run a PC from 1990
(First flight of the YF-22) or from 2017?
To be fair, the F-22 has received upgrades, but SAAB makes use of Field Programmable Gate Arrays allowing algorithm development to continue after delivery and existing aircraft can upgrade their radar capabilities through a simple S/W upgrade.
Implementing algorithms in H/W can easily improve performance 100-1000x,
depending on algorithm.

GaN allows much higher RF power output and higher frequencies than GaAS.
It is also much smaller, and when you need lots of these in an AESA radar,
size of components starts to be an issue.

IMG_1478.JPG

The increased processing power also allows SAAB to introduce improved capabilities
to detect stealth.
A normal radar rejects small echoes to allow the limited processing capabilities to focus
on a few echoes large enough to be aircraft.
Stealth works by making the echo smaller than the filter level.
By accepting much smaller echoes stealth aircraft can be detected,
but the problem is now that there will be many, many more echoes that has
to be rejected by the radar algorithm.
SAAB believes they have enough processing power to do this.

Saab's AESA radar was made in collaboration with the Italians.

That is not correct.
The Gripen E for Sweden/Brazil are planned to use the Selex Raven radar.
The SAAB radar is a separate development but was not available in time for
initial Gripen E deliveries.

Look at the Gripen as an example of how fighters are/can be made in a globalised world:

87625-saab-ja39-gripen.jpg

The Russians should actually source certain technologies from third parties (look at how the IAF improved the Su-30 by creating the MKI with French, Israeli and Indian techs), they don't for their own reasons.

The Americans are in their own catergory, no one can come even close to them when it comes to a MIC.

you said rightly for Gripen and SU-30 modified with MKI but I was pointing on the Russian aircraft which they have made/built any with components from other countries?

Back
Top Bottom