What's new

India selects Saab for Tejas fighter radar

Most advanced technology is with India now in AESA radar sphere. Why do they VN give it will o India? It changing status quo

So, Gripen is coming..........!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes with Gripin anyways US will be at better position to get many orders from engines to other small equipments . So F16 will be built in US as per new announcement by US . So basically stage is clear for Gripin Ng . Good choice too. Advanced fighter jet . Rafale Gripin duo will be deadly serious force multi

Most advanced technology is with India now in AESA radar sphere. Why do they VN give it will o India? It changing status quo

Yes with Gripin anyways US will be at better position to get many orders from engines to other small equipments . So F16 will be built in US as per new announcement by US . So basically stage is clear for Gripin Ng . Good choice too. Advanced fighter jet . Rafale Gripin duo will be deadly serious force multi
How come an Indian using Pak flag? Have some courage and show your true origin. I wonder why some coward would hide his true nationality.

Lolz indigenousness at its best :D .
Looks like, its only the Indian berger paint going to be Indian in it.
Pakistan should learn the tactics of "Indigenous" from India ... lol :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
all the "Parchar" of indigenous goes in gutter ... Thread galley parh gya
Yesterday some Indian dude was claiming that home grown Uttam Radar (along with many other goodies) will equip their Teja. Now this news of acquiring Saab system for it. Well, a paper plane will remain a plane on paper/propaganda regardless which system they buy for it. The project is a colossal failure that should have been abadoned years ago. It's only their ego that is keeping this white elephant still alive. Since several squadrons of Thunder are already operational, Indians cannot afford to give up on Teja thingy.
Irony coming from who need ToT for scooter engine.

Tejas has almost 70% indigenous content apart from radar & engine..
BTW UTTAM is meant for mark 2.It's running way ahead of schedule..

Don't worry LRDE has already completed extensive ground trials of UTTAM from high rise rooftop testing to demo mount on Helicopter and now is been prepped for integration on Tejas to commence flight trials.Tejas LSP2 has been selected to be used has a flying test bed aircraft for UTTAM Radar integration.It will be completed with all trials & testing by 2019.. Software coding for all multiple modes have been completed and soon LRDE will begin the process of integrating the software to allow radar to work on multiple modes.

Last edited:

Safranized Kaveri for Gripen is also possible.

As per Parikarma is another Defence forum, he mentioned he had got some updates from insiders that talks are going on with Saab for Gripen C\D(not Gripen E) model with Safranized Kaveri Engine and at very less price(some 50million$\plane or something, don't remember clearly), so both Tejas NG and Gripen C\D will share same engine. Gripen India plane will be customized with inputs from Gripen E program.

With Gripen C\D customized for India, India gets cheaper plane with fast replacement along with Tejas with no strings attached like Engine.

So atlast we may get,

Gripen I + Kaveri Engine + Saab Avionics and Aesa Radar

Tejas NG + Kaveri Engine + Saab Avionics and Aesa Radar

Saab will benefit a lot with this deal and India needs replacement for Mig's at faster pace.

You lack basic infra to provide any contribution to JF development..In name only it's just 50 50 but practically it is 99 to 1..1 for manpower paint & all..
I even doubt Pakistan have any ability to make a basic seat or tyre of JFs.AirFrame composites all are imported.Mostly are manufactured by license from Chinese..
And source of this information?

Irony coming from who need ToT for scooter engine.

Tejas has almost 70% indigenous content apart from radar & engine..
BTW UTTAM is meant for mark 2.It's running way ahead of schedule..

Don't worry LRDE has already completed extensive ground trials of UTTAM from high rise rooftop testing to demo mount on Helicopter and now is been prepped for integration on Tejas to commence flight trials.Tejas LSP2 has been selected to be used has a flying test bed aircraft for UTTAM Radar integration.It will be completed with all trials & testing by 2019.. Software coding for all multiple modes have been completed and soon LRDE will begin the process of integrating the software to allow radar to work on multiple modes.

"100% Indigenous" Plane goes to "70% Indigenous" Plane
what a transition. we call it locally as saying "Thook ke Chatna"
First was the argument on 100% coming down to 70% ...

hopefully it will go from "70% Indigenous" to "50% Indigenous" and so on lol
Carry on guys with this good pace of transition on your "Plane & Statements"

And please digest this: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...red-by-videshi-parts/articleshow/28720189.cms

It states even 60% "Indigenous" ... Bonus in the article is, it states many other %'s of so-called Indigenous
weapons under the defense campaign of India " Desi Defence Powered by Videshi Weapons"

So stop labeling what is not purely yours ... :p:8-):omghaha:

"100% Indigenous" Plane goes to "70% Indigenous" Plane
what a transition. we call it locally as saying "Thook ke Chatna"
First was the argument on 100% coming down to 70% ...

hopefully it will go from "70% Indigenous" to "50% Indigenous" and so on lol
Carry on guys with this good pace of transition on your "Plane & Statements"

And please digest this: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...red-by-videshi-parts/articleshow/28720189.cms

It states even 60% "Indigenous" ... Bonus in the article is, it states many other %'s of so-called Indigenous
weapons under the defense campaign of India " Desi Defence Powered by Videshi Weapons"

So stop labeling what is not purely yours ... :p:8-):omghaha:
Don't be full retard.Nowhere it has been mentioned & claimed it to be 100% indigenous.
No aircraft in the world is 100% indigenous not even Russia or US..(Exception Pakistan)..
last 2-3 years we brought it up to 70% from below 40%..

It means we are doing good in setting up needy infrastructure.Also quality & relevance of homegrown spare industries are increasing that they are stepping in.
Beside radars or engine everything is almost made by Indian companies. Saffran & GTRE also giving thrust to indigenous engine project.AESA will be ready by 2019.Basic testing has been completed & is being now integrated to jet.Will be ready by next years.....

So if you want to go on with your such idiotic adventure don't think to quote me..Thank you

Don't be full retard.Nowhere it has been mentioned & claimed it to be 100% indigenous.
No aircraft in the world is 100% indigenous not even Russia or US..(Exception Pakistan)..

It means we are doing good in setting up needy infrastructure.Also quality & relevance of homegrown spare industries are increasing that they are stepping in.
Beside radars or engine everything is almost made by Indian companies. Saffran & GTRE also giving thrust to indigenous engine project.AESA will be ready by 2019.Basic testing has been completed & is being now integrated to jet.Will be ready by next years.....

So if you want to go on with your such idiotic adventure don't think to quote me..Thank you
You know that you are wasting your time with him?

ok I exaggerated a bit and it was just to tease you guys, but for my little knowledge can you enlighten me how Russia and USA's planes are not fully indigenous? no joke ... serious discussion

Who told you that Saab is having the best aesa tech? Afaik f22 's LPI aesa radar is the best radar ever produced.

Are they offering Raven ES-05 AESA radar from Finmeccanica Sllex or PS-05/A from Ericsson?
Why not go for RBE2 AA from Thales. This is more stable radar.

Raven ES-05 has a detection range of 150 km, aerial targets >14 targets.
for RBE2 AA has a detection range of 200 km, aerial targets 40 targets.

And If I'm not wrong Thales has company in India.

None of them.

SAAB bought Ericsson Microwave Systems in 2006,
and this is a new Radar technology based on GaN.
The technology is already in production for ground based radar.
SAAB has offered this radar for India under the condition that India buys Gripen.

It was not available when components were selected for the initial Gripen E orders, but
is offered to India for mid 2020 deliveries.

ok I exaggerated a bit and it was just to tease you guys, but for my little knowledge can you enlighten me how Russia and USA's planes are not fully indigenous? no joke ... serious discussion

Globalization.

100% Indigenous planes are no longer feasible or required.

Any big project before starts, a key stage is Risk Identification and Mitigation. Going ahead with Chinese for Aircraft manufacturing is one of the best decision the establishment made. They knew they have no experience, They knew the risk. They pumped in some money and viola. Jet ready. It was a calculated risk. China is a more reliable partner than anyone else.

Mind you the business mode Pakistan chose for JF17, India already been doing for years. One example is Su30MKI is made from raw material to end product in India. Including Engine assembly. If I am not mistaken, the core is still Russian and imported. Many sub systems are Indian now. Indian designed and produced locally.

With Tejas India went for 100% Indian parts. Pakistan is yet to do this. Pakistan will never attempt this as well. Decades late into the game. The current arms race itself taking a toll on the country.

Also here I would say what India does badly, During the Risk Analysis. Everyone in that room when asked, can you develop this. They have shook their head and said yes. Was I there? No. Am I speculating? Yes. Talking out of my ***? Yes!!. Am I wrong? NO!!. That's the Indian engineers for you. They never say no. No, not due to they being smart or anything. Its the culture. Saying "I don't know about it, but I will figure it out" is seen as a sign of failure in India. Not anywhere else.

All this post is non rhetoric. Disagree as you please. Refute with facts if you wish so.

Who told you that Saab is having the best aesa tech? Afaik f22 's LPI aesa radar is the best radar ever produced.

The F-22 AESA radar is using inferior GaAs technology.
The advances in electronic components makes it possible to design much more efficient radars,
than what was possible 10-15 years ago, when the F-22 radar was designed.

Back
Top Bottom