What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
rafale13.jpg

Does this report mean that these two are shortlisted or that they were the only two whose bids were expiring thus the request to extend? Maybe the others' bids are not expiring. I ask having read quite few such reports which do not seem to understand the overall process of this bid (neither do I thus I ask).

Aside from that, IAF would be the only ones flying the Rafale aside from the ADA. Diseconomies of scale come to mind with the Rafale. If IAF does go the route of Rafale with such a large order, it may entice other like Brazilians to consider it as well (along with the UAE). However the risk of only two operators and dealing with the French post sale would require some guarantees. Typhoon would offer some more flexibility here but in the end I think IAF know what they want and the GoI would have to handle the dealings with the French.

i was also thinking same. i think Brazil is waiting for result of mrca. if rafale wins, Brazil may buy rafale cause then Brazil wont be alone operator of rafale hence reduction in cost per unit.

India fighter jet deal a missed opportunity: US - The Economic Times

The US says India's rejection of American bids for a multibillion dollar contract to supply fighter jets was a missed opportunity to deepen defense ties and share advanced technology.

Assistant Secretary of State Robert Blake said Friday the US was puzzled and "deeply disappointed" by the decision announced last month.

Boeing Co and Lockheed Martin were both bidding for a slice of the $11 billion Indian deal to supply 126 jets.

German consortium Eurofighter Typhoon and the French company Dassault Aviation have been shortlisted for the contract.

Blake told a seminar at the Center for Strategic and International Studies that the U.S. had viewed the contract as "a strategic opportunity to really take our defense partnership to the next level."

GOD ALIMIGHTY THE RAFALE LOOKS AWESOME IN FLIGHT
Rafale_01.jpg

This will look incredible with su30mki in IAF from 2014 onwards

Rafale pictures of the day : New aircrafts delivered
Saturday, May, 2011

130_bi10.jpg

Rafale C130 during a reception flight at Bordeau Merignac - ©Frenchskies - May 9th 2011
Note the single centerline 2000L tank which is the usual loadout for reception flights.

dsc00248cwp.jpg

Rafale M32 spotted at Landivisiau Naval Base - ©Azraelle - May 5th 2011​

56124_1303962960.jpg

Dominique Sébastien turns the stick putting Rafale in a roll giving back-seater Shiv Aroor a birds-eye view of the Yelahanka township below. [Aero India 2011]

F-16E/F Block 60 at the sight of a Rafale
35615.jpg

Super Hornet F-18E/F at the sight of a Rafale
35613.jpg

Eurofighter Typhoon at the sight of a Rafale
35567.jpg

Eurofighter Typhoon again at the sight of a Rafale
35558.jpg

35557.jpg

Back
Top Bottom