What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:D Providing facts and infos are not propaganda and I bet most of the EF votes are based on the general assumption, that it is the best non 5th generation fighter, without checking the facts, or more important how it would suit Indian forces!
If you do these 2 things, you hardly can vote for Rafale. ;)

Welcome to EF Fans league...:partay:

Would you rather deal with a single country for fighter support or a whole collection of them ? Each with their own personal agendas as well. France is a trusted indian ally and a reliable defence partner. This should be taken into consideration.

but why the rcs of rafale is double the rcs of eurofighter even if it is one of the best 4++ fighters in the world
and uses more composites than eurofighter as propagated in this thread and i can tell u one thing the canards of eurofighter are far more effective then that of the rafalemay not be the best to look on but effective is the word dude

According to wiki it is twice as big, according to several other sources it is very low and that's why the Rafale is hard to detect. Regarding the canards, as I showed it depends on what the aim was! More slow speed maneuverability and better use at twin seat and carrier fighters, then the close coupled canards are more effective. More high speed maneuverability, then the EF might have some advantages.

apart from ground operation can u tell me any thing else special about rafale

I guess you meant A2G operation right?

- passive detection features
- EM and IR missiles for BVR
- AESA jamming
- more sensors especially the TV channel for long range visual identification
- SEAD capability
- carrier capability
- nuclear capability

All advantages that the EF can't offer, or not anytime soon!

Well to be honest $115m for one 4th gen jet is a rip off, how ever you look at it, even you put ++ after number 4.

Hence I chose Rafale.

Would you rather deal with a single country for fighter support or a whole collection of them ? Each with their own personal agendas as well. France is a trusted indian ally and a reliable defence partner. This should be taken into consideration.

i admire frenchy planes!!!!!!!
i hope france will have upper hand.

atleast for mirages it has proven to be extremely reliable

fly_high_by_inuyashah2-d3dw41n.jpg

According to wiki it is twice as big, according to several other sources it is very low and that's why the Rafale is hard to detect. Regarding the canards, as I showed it depends on what the aim was! More slow speed maneuverability and better use at twin seat and carrier fighters, then the close coupled canards are more effective. More high speed maneuverability, then the EF might have some advantages.
so are we looking for naval fighters or air force fighters and my dear friend slow speed maneuverability is possible and is now big deal and maneuverability is vital in dog fights and can u please tell me the radar range of the current radars installed because i think eurofighter has much better bvr range and please don't say that it meteor and other things u know if the range is there then maneuverability is required i will be posting the bvr ranges of both don't worry

I guess you meant A2G operation right?

- passive detection features
- EM and IR missiles for BVR
- AESA jamming
- more sensors especially the TV channel for long range visual identification
- SEAD capability
- carrier capability
- nuclear capability

All advantages that the EF can't offer, or not anytime soon!
well i justing coming with some facts wait..

guys this is the composite composition of this champion
The airframe surface area is made of 70% Carbon Fibre Composites (CFCs), 15% lightweight alloys and titanium, 12% Glass Reinforced Plastics (GRP) and 3% other materials. In other words, metals make up only 15% of the materials used in building a Eurofighter Typhoon.
In tandem with the aerodynamically unstable design, these strong but lightweight materials mean that the weight and size of the airframe and engine are 10 - 20% smaller and 30% lighter, than they would otherwise have been. This not only means that the aircraft has a reduced radar signature but is also stealthy.:sniper::sniper::sniper:

Back
Top Bottom