What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Russia Experts Says Russia Could Sell Mig-35 Fighter Jets To Pakistan ~ ASIAN DEFENCE NEWS

According to the Russian International Information Telegraph Agency refuses regarding India to purchase the Mig - 35 fighter plane incidents, Russia strategy and technical analysis center assistant director Constantine□Markey extended the branch saying.

Russia should let the Indian Air force undertake the consequence for own decision. In the Moscow tradition to maintains the restraint to the Pakistani sell weapon, but refuses in India to purchase under the Mig - 35 new situations, should carefully examine this policy.

He believed that the Pakistani Air force possibly while purchases Chinese and American fighter plane's also purchases Mig - 35.

Not happening

Sukhoi Su-mki rcs is really big I really hate that

Don't count too much on these figures (if I'm not wrong from wiki and most of them without reliable references)! The 20m² are generally speculated for Flanker class fighters, which means older Su 27, or latest Su 30/34/35, but the latter has lower RCS than the earlier, because they were treated with RAM materials, the question is to what extend was it done on the MKI?

Also simple logic can tell us that the figures for Su 35, Rafale and EF are wrong!
The Su 35 is just a modernised version of the Su 27 single seat Flanker and the difference in terms of RCS comes mainly through integration of "some" composites (because you can't add much composites later, like you can do it in the initial design stage), as well as RAM materials. But it still has the 2 huge vertical twin tail fins, it has no ducted air intakes, or radar blockers, the design itself was never intended to be a low RCS design...
...and even more obvious, the size difference alone makes it more visible for radar than EF, or Rafale:

0242583455085.jpg

2-733435.jpg

radomepraaug2009.jpg

radomairshow2009.jpg

Another example, the Mig 29K/35 are said to have a RCS 3 to 4 times lower than the earlier Mig 29s and similar things were said about the differences of F16s, or F18s to their newer versions. Now "IF" the older Su27 really had a RCS of 20m², what should bring the RCS of the Su35 down to 1m² (which actually is even less than what is speculated for the Mig 29K/35)?
More than enough reasons that makes clear that these figures are nothing more than speculations!

People here are again reading too much into this RCS stuff without having a clear picture of this...
Unless the aircraft is VLO , RCS wont matter..

Some nice pics of the French weapons on Rafale, including the 30mm gun (EF 27mm) that I found at the MP forum:

armesm.jpg

canongiat.jpg

emirmica2.jpg

Jeetega bhai Jeetega..Eurofighter Jeetega... :P

In spite of Propaganda campaign launched by Rafale commies like Sancho and Spark, EF is doing very good in the poll here...:partay:

Jeetega bhai Jeetega , Eurofighter Jeetega...:partay:

Look at the size of Su-30.. Su-30 Rcs would be 60% more than Rafale

radomepraaug2009.jpg

Rafale is small compared to Su-30 and will have very less RCS when compared to SU-30
But Su-30 can carry more weapon load and highy manevourable

Kale hai to kya hua dil bale hai :P

Jitega bhai jetega EF jitega

yes that is the decision then it will be the best one...
the bvr range of eurofighter is unmatched and is comparable to f 22
rafale is quite far in this case and more over why the hell to buy an underpowered jet . i am not getting it
and ground operations can only be done when air is secured so after that even a jaguar can do that with a typhoon

In spite of Propaganda campaign launched by Rafale commies like Sancho and Spark, EF is doing very good in the poll here...:partay:

Jeetega bhai Jeetega , Eurofighter Jeetega...:partay:

:D Providing facts and infos are not propaganda and I bet most of the EF votes are based on the general assumption, that it is the best non 5th generation fighter, without checking the facts, or more important how it would suit Indian forces!
If you do these 2 things, you hardly can vote for anything else then the Rafale. ;)

Look at the size of Su-30.. Su-30 Rcs would be 60% more than Rafale

radomepraaug2009.jpg

Rafale is small compared to Su-30 and will have very less RCS when compared to SU-30
But Su-30 can carry more weapon load and highy manevourable
but why the rcs of rafale is double the rcs of eurofighter even if it is one of the best 4++ fighters in the world
and uses more composites than eurofighter as propagated in this thread and i can tell u one thing the canards of eurofighter are far more effective then that of the rafalemay not be the best to look on but effective is the word dude

:D Providing facts and infos are not propaganda and I bet most of the EF votes are based on the general assumption, that it is the best non 5th generation fighter, without checking the facts, or more important how it would suit Indian forces!
If you do these 2 things, you hardly can vote for anything else then the Rafale. ;)
apart from ground operation can u tell me any thing else special about rafale

Back
Top Bottom