What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EF sounds trouble. Too many countries involved, especially UK. Any future trouble and we will regret ever buying this. French are far more reliable.

Still not clear on the news..
Does this imply ONLY the rafale and EF make it on the shortlist?
OR
The Rafale and EF are the first ones on the shortlist?

In any case..
it will be the EF.. it has political, logistical.. and other advantages..

Seems like only, because Saab already stated that they are out, just like US media reports saying that their fighters are out as well. No statement about the Mig, but its chances were low anyway.
The EF has some advantages, but as a fighter more disadvantages for Indian forces, like similarity to MKI/FGFA roles, very limited A2G capabilities, delays in development and integration, funding problems, not a good option for SFC and IN. These points will play a big role for IAF, but for MoD as well. However, lets see how desperate the EF partners really are!

Eurofighter Typhoon 41 42.71%

Dassault Rafale 55 57.29%

looks like EF fans are on vacation ;)

may be after some day.. MOD will come with updated list that includes uncles fighter........ who knows.... what will happen....

may be after some day.. MOD will come with updated list that includes uncles fighter........ who knows.... what will happen....

not possible now . They are still facing lots of corruption charges

Dnt you know about "7 scam maaf" starring Sonia Gandhi

By the way, DRDO will "assemble" most of the planes. Might as well not buy these planes.

HAL will assemble.

Not much different. We need a major change in our defense set up. I cannot believe we trust any government run company with our security.

P.S: Is HAL going to do the maintenance work too?

To read about Indian military, I actually go to Pakistani defense section.

Or this:
IAF news and views

I know they hate us but their points are valid. I doubt any civilian has absolutely any clue about true potential of our armed forces and if one just go by the "releases" or what goes on BR, we might as well be Martians invading earth. And then we box ourselves with "Pakistan this Pakistan that" thinking. I fear we are in for rude awakening if we are actually tested.

First "indirect" reaction on the Eurofighter website:

Eurofighter: News Detail

Therefore bid was asked from all six competetors so they do not form cartel as per economic term. mod is intelligent. reaction is clear price hike which yet not disclosed, and possible cartelling between ef &rafael. the more time is also taken for the same purpose, more u eager buisness man get more price from u. not showing much interest in product down the price. plz observe the same.

^^So our government will obviously pick EF. 2 years from now, we will have 4 planes and then constant delays after that. HAL will build one every year citing various "delays" in production, none of which is because of them. 6 years from now, one EF will drop from air and they will blame Europeans for supplying poor parts. And we be constantly plagued by maintenance problem.

Will HAL only start making the winner AFTER the first SQD is inducted into IAF from winning vendor (as RFI stipulates) which could be 2014/5 at this rate OR do they start production in tandem with winning bidder as obviously it will take more time for them to come up to scratch initially so the IAF receives 2 SQD around the same time?

Back
Top Bottom