What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cant wait till September for them to reveal the final name.

Finally Rafale or Typhoon in Indian colors full time. :yahoo:

My 2000th post :yahoo:

What about you, you have "NONE" as compared to our JF17s ? And Jf17 numbers by end year would be 42. There is no envy of India getting Rafale or EFs but I was rather pointing out that your Tejas and LCA have failed completed with no operational squadrons and so goes that "indigenous" Indian tag.

Secondly, Rafale jet a rejected jet with or without Tot with such price is a "BAD" decision, I would still go for Gripen - NG, F-18s or F-15 the Silent Eagle(stealth) version. EF with anyone of my mentioned planes is far deadly combination than Rafale & EF.

Anyways GOOD LUCK with your purchases.

Enough Pakistani in it, to make India fell on its knees in the coming war. And we donot require to buy Rafales and EuroFighters, Su30s for that matter.:chilli:
I believe this topic is revolving around EF and Rafale.

Why the hell are you bringing LCA here. If you want to post anything about LCA stuff, there is an entire section of threads where you can pour your heart out.

So Indians are celebrating with great vigor India's wholehearted efforts in financing Europe's ( the EU or France) next gen technologies far beyond EF anf Rafale by sending $10b hard currency on the expenses of its 800m hungry Indian souls and India's so called "indigenous" industries ?

India is finally shinning!

Or sorry, second thought $9.5b perhaps, after the usual deductions from those shining swiss bank accounts.

Representing Europe, I thank you very much and would like to express my sincere gratitude to your 800 million hungry men, women and children!

Maybe with another cool billion bucks, we would consider granting you TOT of Anti-Delhi Belly drugs or something?

And I agree, for once, with most Indians here that either EF or Rafale is fine...

... since either su$ks anyway in front of J-20.

So why bother "selection"? I suggest just toss a coin to see which shining swiss bank account is fancier.

Hey, I'm looking for firecrackers, too!

:bunny:

:bounce:

:taz:

:chilli:

Hey congrats... You are also downselected for the next round of negotiations..:tup:

Hey congrats... You are also downselected for the next round of negotiations..:tup:

Yeah I am going to Delhi for the final price negotiations, will keep you guys posted on the outcome.

I am asking for one free Rafale and one free Typhoon as bribery. :D

Congratulation on your 2000th post!!

:cry: I had been here for more then tw years now, still have not reached 2000th..

There may be reason to call for all bids hence ef typhoon and rafale try to offer more chaper plane in cost. two r may raise price with colobration. its just guessing.

EF, Rafale to extend MMRCA bids’ validity to year-end

The Indian Ministry of Defense has asked the European Eurofighter Typhoon consortium and the French Dassault to extend the validity of their commercial bids for the Indian Air Force (IAF) tender for 126 Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) tender till December 31, 2011.

StratPost reported the formation of an effective shortlist for the tender, on Wednesday, with the ministry issuing letters to the two aircraft companies, inviting them to extend the validity of their commercial bids.

The other contenders for the order, Boeing, pitching its F/A-18 Super Hornet, Lockheed Martin, with its F-16, SAAB, with its Gripen and the Russian United Aircraft Corporation (UAC), offering its MiG-35, were also sent letters informing them of the individual grounds for their failing to pass the IAF’s technical evaluation.

More later.

http://www.stratpost.com/ef-rafale-to-extend-mmrca-bids-validity-to-year-end?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+stratpost+%28StratPost%29

December... huh.....8 more months...

WTF....

Is nt there a high speed process for all these.. a high level meet for a week or so...and finalise everything on fast track????

December... huh.....8 more months...

WTF....

Is nt there a high speed process for all these.. a high level meet for a week or so...and finalise everything on fast track????

There is no govt. practically. As:

- Home minister chidambaram is camping in tamilnadu for elections.
- Finance minister mukharjee is camping in WB for elections. His son is contesting election first time in his life.
- Defence minister antony is camping in kerala for elections.

That's why you don't hear news of any major decisions all of the files are pending for months.

If congress wins in kerala then antony will be CM and new defense minister will be there and he will take some time understanding the functuning and he will be more prone to the poaching by lobbyist.

Back
Top Bottom