What's new

India says UNSC should have 25 members

About 25% of humanity not represented in a world council which is supposed to be a UNITED COUNCIL of all nations ? sounds funny !!

Big mouth, little arms.
Still continuing with your one liners mate ? btw, you are urgently required in the Indian ACC thread to clear some doubts about chinese stuffs.

Hope something technical comes out from you in that thread rather than one liners.. :lol:

Why should there be a UNSC? The UN General Assembly can vote on the resolutions. How hard is it to collect 190 votes yes/no votes?

About 25% of humanity not represented in a world council which is supposed to be a UNITED COUNCIL of all nations ? sounds funny !!

Africa has about a billion people as well. :cheesy:

Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, none of them have representation in the Security Council, so they should have first priority.

Muslims make up a population of about 1.5 billion people across the world, yet not one single Muslim-majority country is a permanent member of the UNSC.

Asia already has China and Russia, Europe already has Britain and France. Why should these areas have more than two each.... while the other parts of the world have zero?

Why should there be a UNSC? The UN General Assembly can vote on the resolutions. How hard is it to collect 190 votes yes/no votes?

Because that 190 votes dose not count. And it's not count because they don't have power behind them. The current mechanism was designed to maintain peace between big powers of the world which is largely run by the US and the other 4 stake holders have a veto.

This is the ugly truth of the UN and the world politics but it worked since the last war that killed 100 million people.

Asia already has China and Russia, Europe already has Britain and France. Why should these areas have more than two each.... while the other parts of the world have zero?

Who told you Russia is in Asia?

Because that 190 votes dose not count. And it's not count because they don't have power behind them. The current mechanism was designed to maintain peace between big powers of the world which is largely run by the US and the other 4 stake holders have a veto.

This is the ugly truth of the UN and the world politics but it worked since the last war that killed 100 million people.

From 1945 to 1991, it worked bcs both US block and USSR block had enough nukes to fry eachother many times over. Otherwise China would have been fried during the Korean war if Mac Arthur had his way.

In 1991 the world should thank Gorbachev as if not for him, according to John Major (Ex-PM of UK) the cold war would have ended with a big bang.

After 1991, no one is close to USA in challenging them.

The vast majority of their territory is in Asia. :wave:

So what? Russia was never considered part of Asia. When was the last time Russia participated in Asian Games.

Indeed. I never won any Olympic gold medals. How many did your country get?

We won 9 gold in all. Now don't come with your statistics..not interested.

You said that Russia represents Asia, which is not. Now caught with your pants down, you are derailing the thread by unnecessarily bringing in games.

We won 9 gold in all. Now don't come with your statistics..not interested.

You said that Russia represents Asia, which is not. Now caught with your pants down, you are derailing the thread by unnecessarily bringing in games.

You are wrong totally from the beginning. I never said that.
You may come back to the UNSC after winning 90 golds. I'm sure people will find it hard to wait.

You are wrong totally from the beginning. I never said that.
You may come back to the UNSC after winning 90 golds. I'm sure people will find it hard to wait.

When did winning gold medals became the requisite for membership in UNSC.

Anyways personally I am all for scrapping UNSC altogether. Its an organization who can threaten only small countries or countries with no big friends.

Anyways personally I am all for scrapping UNSC altogether. Its an organization who can threaten only small countries or countries with no big friends.

Wasn't that the point of creating the UNSC in the first place in 1945?

To stop "big countries" going to war with each other, and thus preventing another World War?

The result is that the big countries do not fight each other, instead big countries like the USA fight smaller countries like Iraq.

Wasn't that the point of creating the UNSC in the first place in 1945?

To stop "big countries" going to war with each other, and thus preventing another World War?

The result is that the big countries do not fight each other, instead big countries like the USA fight smaller countries like Iraq.

Refer post # 142

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom