What's new

India/Russia Working on Stealth for SU30MKI

SU-30 MKI cant become stealthy, even using the stealth body shield.
The airfram of SU-30 never suits it.

it can be the new radar used in su30mki will ne an AESA radar and stealth features are the materials going to use not the shape .

SU-30 MKI cant become stealthy, even using the stealth body shield.
The airfram of SU-30 never suits it.

Its not so much about making it Stealthy to all radar.

But attempts to reduce its RCS to significantly lower levels making it harder to detect.

China has reduced J-11 RCS to 5m square :woot:
With very little modification.

Any Attempt at MKI stealth will be aimed at getting its RCS as close to 1m square as possible, or even lower.

Guys, I just wanted to show that the plane in the pic seemed to have a internal weapons bay, like pakfa. Nothing to go to mki. Its just in plans right now, that to, after 2014

I read this with graet interest that Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft will be jointly designed by Russia and India. However, I do have few questions as follows for Indian readers as India joined the project after the plane had already been designed:

1. What will India provide to the project when the plane has already been designed and the aircraft is in production?

2. Is it correct to assume that at this late stage of the game when the plane is already in flight tests, HAL can not be expected to play a major role in the FGFA?

3. For decades, the HAL has played a role of assembling Russian kits and I hear that Sukhoi is very skeptical about India’s design ability in such a cutting edge project. Delhi has no expertise and nothing of value to add to the project. Your thoughts?

I read this with graet interest that Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft will be jointly designed by Russia and India. However, I do have few questions as follows for Indian readers as India joined the project after the plane had already been designed:

1. What will India provide to the project when the plane has already been designed and the aircraft is in production?

2. Is it correct to assume that at this late stage of the game when the plane is already in flight tests, HAL can not be expected to play a major role in the FGFA?

3. For decades, the HAL has played a role of assembling Russian kits and I hear that Sukhoi is very skeptical about India’s design ability in such a cutting edge project. Delhi has no expertise and nothing of value to add to the project. Your thoughts?

Wiki extract: HAL’s work share will include critical software, including the mission computer; navigation systems; most of the cockpit displays; the counter measure dispensing (CMD) systems; and modifying Sukhoi’s single-seat prototype into the twin-seat fighter that the Indian Air Force (IAF) wants. Further Russia’s expertise in titanium structures will be complemented by India’s experience in composites like in the fuselage.

Try goggling, or various threads are there where this issue has been discussed.

india has fair amount of expertise in composites which when incorporated in design are said to reduce the observability ....

Indo-Russian stealth fighter performed its first flight

On Friday, 29th Jan, 2010, Sukhoi's T-50 prototype of joint Indo-Russian 5th generation combat aircraft (PAK-FA/HAL FGFA) project performed its first flight over the sky of Komsomolsk-on-Amur for a time-frame of 47 minutes. It is a direct response by Russia to the American F-22 and British/American F-35.

Sergei Bogdan, who was the pilot of the aircraft tagged the plane with "easy" and "comfortable" comments. The success of the test flight of this aircraft has been a significant achievement for both emerging superpower, India and re-emerging super power, Russia who are jointly working on this project. T-50 is more of Russian version of PAK-FA. Once fully developed it will replace the planes of Soviet era including Mig 29, Su-27. It is believed that the plane will be introduced in the year of 2013 and will give the air dominance to both Russian and Indian air force.

More on enewsreport.blogspot.com/2010/01/indo-russian-stealth-fighter-performed.html

Indo-Russian stealth fighter performed its first flight | World Today

Back
Top Bottom