What's new

India retaliates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man... US really has a knack of turning public opinion against them within no time! Arrogance...

Arrest diplomats is not a good idea. Its a clear violation of international law.

But my question is in regard to the relatives of the former maid of this diplomatic. They are in jail right now. So my question is what is their crime? Are they ransoms for their relative working in the US. Does India still practice human hostages? They are clearly in trouble because of what their family members did in the US.

India's response so far have been mature , restrained yet firm !!!

I like it ....

But i understand we need to do more to escalate diplomatic pressure on US .

Even U.S. authorities are not alleging mistreatment, only supposed non-payment of stated salary.

I was referring to the arrest of the nanny's family in India. That is not the US' concern, at least not at this point.

If it was a question on the US visa application, then it was a concern of the US government. If the Indian government deemed that question "none of your business", they would have so indicated.

Regardless of what was typed out in the original application, any diplomatic passport holder would be deemed exempted from any application of U.S. law on wages. The negation happens when the diplomatic passport is stamped. Breach of diplomatic niceties has consequences as no doubt U.S. personnel are realising.

Not so sure of that. An explicit monetary compensation is one thing. Any fringe benefits would typically be listed as such.

Although you are right that lawyers can argue these things back and forth.

Minimum wage is just that, does not include any other benefits of rent, food and accommodation as it would normally apply to U.S. citizens . Anything else will have to worked out. Not a cut & dry case.

I was referring to the arrest of the nanny's family in India. That is not the US' concern, at least not at this point.

She(the nanny) is a proclaimed absconder with an arrest warrant issued for her & duly informed to U.S. authorities. This is really not as black & white as you might want it to be.

Arrest diplomats is not a good idea. Its a clear violation of international law.

But my question is in regard to the relatives of the former maid of this diplomatic. They are in jail right now. So my question is what is their crime? Are they ransoms for their relative working in the US. Does India still practice human hostages? They are clearly in trouble because of what their family members did in the US.

Arresting of the family is hoax. There is no concrete evidence to that effect. Even if it is true... US will have nothing to do with that, as it's a case between India & it's citizens within India.

Topic we are discussing here is about US violating prescribed international law.

Regardless of what was typed out in the original application, any diplomatic passport holder would be deemed exempted from any application of U.S. law on wages.

The issue is not just about wages, but, more importantly, falsehoods.

It would be like saying a person will be performing consular duties X, Y, Z, but they end up doing A, B, and C.

The diplomat asserted that she would be complying with US labor laws (regardless of any diplomatic immunity), but it turns out that she didn't.

Since the Maid is a proclaimed fugitive from Indian Law, the husband can very well be arrested under 'aiding and abetting'.

I am sure they will find some legal means to hold him. There are plenty of laws in India and courts have to give custody to the police to complete their 'investigation'.

Of course the real reason would be to bring pressure on the fugitive to stop playing into US hand and assist the US in humiliating India.

Last edited:
Since the Maid is a proclaimed fugitive from Indian Law, the husband can very well be arrested under 'aiding and abetting'.

I am sure they will find some legal means to hold him. There are plenty of laws in India and courts have to give custody to the police to complete their 'investigation'.

Of course the real reason would be to bring pressure on the fugitive to stop playing into US hand and assist the US in humiliating India.

So whether there is real crime being committed by the husband, he is being hold because of his wife. So there is a next of kin criminalization in India. Is their child also taken away from them. Also, how is the maid a fugitive from Indian law?

Thats quite impressive but the fact is dat its a little out of sync with the topic of discussion.

Your having a big dick dosnt contribute much to this thread.
I KNOW THANKS!!:woot:

Be careful at the US airports with your big dick. they might think its a bomb...specially if ur a pakistani. check out what happened to this guy.
Jonah Falcon: World's most 'well-endowed' man stopped and frisked by suspicious TSA officials | Mail Online
Jonah Falcon, Man With World's Largest Penis, Frisked By TSA At California Airport
I ALWAYS WONDERED WHY THEY STOPPED ME ALL THE TIME LOL.

You may be right on that score. Which is why they are going after her (the diplomat) for lying on the visa application.

Oh please!
We all know how far connections can go in south Asia.

Once again, what was the justification for arresting (harassing) the nanny's husband and child?

You know nothing .She is already under scanner ,this nanny action directly violates Indian court ruling that is enough.

Regardless of what was typed out in the original application, any diplomatic passport holder would be deemed exempted from any application of U.S. law on wages. The negation happens when the diplomatic passport is stamped. Breach of diplomatic niceties has consequences as no doubt U.S. personnel are realising.

Minimum wage is just that, does not include any other benefits of rent, food and accommodation as it would normally apply to U.S. citizens . Anything else will have to worked out. Not a cut & dry case.

She(the nanny) is a proclaimed absconder with an arrest warrant issued for her & duly informed to U.S. authorities. This is really not as black & white as you might want it to be.

Maybe she is asking for a political asylum as her family is being hold in India. She feel her human rights are violated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom