What's new

India retaliates

Status
Not open for further replies.
proven facts

What fact?you cant do nothing .You know ,We know and the whole world know is if pakistan is in this place they will silently sliced their skin by US.Pakistan protests for any problem will end in one word'Aid'.So to digest the jealous towards India ,when India take action against US that pakistan cant do.Guys like you from our western neighbour will resorted in words like 'poverty','disease','china the world power','shit hole' etc.But the fact you can see here is real fact.India has some ability to dare against US ,something pakistan cant imagine.

So Indian government punish the victim and protect a criminal just because a criminal is a diplomat or high caste in Indian society?

Dude, what makes you think the Nanny is a victim. Before going to US she agreed for the amount she will be paid and signed the contract. When is she is in US she found out about the US wager laws and used that to demand something else. Even though I'm not sure 100% with this story, it looks like this is the case. I don't think the nanny was harrassed or forced to work there, I beleive she was looking to settle there by getting a green card. When this was not happening she complained.

I agree the alleged visa fraud or false documents are wrong and should not be accomodated, but whole incident could have been handled smoothly by avoiding the drama surrounding her arrest. If she is an ordinary person this will not be a problem, but she is representing a country here and should be treated with due respect.

So whether there is real crime being committed by the husband, he is being hold because of his wife. So there is a next of kin criminalization in India. Is their child also taken away from them. Also, how is the maid a fugitive from Indian law?

1. The Maid's passport was cancelled by India in June 2013 and she was asked to return to India. She absconded from the embassy after that.
2. There is a Delhi High court injunction asking her to return to India and not seek redresses in any other forum.

Both the above points makes her a fugitive from Indian law.

As the husband of the fugitive, he would have very well aided and abetted the fugitive escape law. He can be legally held in police custody for investigation. I suppose their child would be placed with a relative or in a orphanage/child care center.

The police will probably simultaneously start investigating other crimes committed by the husband. IT can range from jay walking, tax evasion, bribing an officer, public nuisance, etc . It is not difficult to use the law to harass anyone, especially the poor and the middle class in any part of the world.

India has asked for salary details of Indian staffs working in US consulates in India, since technically these are US territories, the Indian staffs should have been paid salaries as per the US wages!

BTW I learned that minimum wages of Devyani's maid in US as per their standard would be more than Devyani's own salary!

Row over Devyani Khobragade's arrest intensifies: 10 developments
Cheat Sheet | Reported by Nidhi Razdan, Namrata Brar, Edited by Surabhi Malik | Updated: December 17, 2013 17:13 IST

Devyani_360x270_5.jpg

New Delhi: In what are being called first reciprocal steps, India has signalled its displeasure at the arrest and "barbaric treatment" treatment of its diplomat in New York, Devyani Khobragade, with a slew of tough measures like asking US diplomats and their families in consulates all over the country to surrender their identity cards and withdrawing airport passes for them.
Here are the latest updates on this story:
  1. India has also sought salary details of all Indian staff employed in US consulates, including those working as domestic help at the homes of US diplomats in India. It has asked for visa and salary details of teachers at US schools here to determine if they are paying tax or not.

2. The police have been asked to lift barricades outside the US embassy in Delhi. India is also stopping all import clearances for the embassy. (Devyani Khobragade's arrest: angry India takes reciprocal steps)

3. India is livid that Ms Khobragade, 39, was subjected to a humiliating strip search and was kept in a cell with drug addicts after her arrest last Thursday. She has refused to comment on this.

4. External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said earlier today, "it is completely unacceptable... We have put in motion what we believe will be an effective way to address this issue and protect her dignity... Everything that can be done, will be done"

5. This morning, Congress Vice president Rahul Gandhi and Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde refused to meet a visiting US Congressional delegation. The BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi tweeted that he too has refused to meet the delegation "in solidarity with our nation." Sources said senior officials in the foreign ministry had urged Mr Khurshid to cancel his meeting yesterday with the US team too, but the minister chose to meet them and convey India's displeasure.

6. The BJP's Yashwant Sinha said this was not enough action. He said, "The media has reported that we have issued visas to a number of US diplomats' companions. Companions means that they are of the same sex. Now, after the Supreme Court ruling (on gay sex verdict), it is completely illegal in our country. Just as paying fewer wage was illegal in the US. So, why doesn't the Government of India go ahead and arrest all of them! Put them behind bars, prosecute them in this country and punish them?"

7. Yesterday, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar and National Security Advisor Shiv Shankar Menon cancelled meetings in Delhi with the delegation. Mr Menon has described Ms Khobragade's treatment as "despicable and barbaric."

8. Ms Khobragade, 39, was arrested on Thursday on the street while she was dropping her daughter to school and was handcuffed in public. She was later released on a $250,000 bail. She has been accused of lying on the visa application for an Indian national who worked at her home from November 2012 to June 2013 for less than four dollars an hour.
    (Indian diplomat arrested in US for alleged visa fraud, handcuffed in public)

9. A day later, Foreign secretary Sujatha Singh summoned American ambassador in New Delhi, Nancy Powell, and lodged a strong protest over what India has described as "unacceptable treatment" meted out to its senior consular officer. (India summons US ambassador to protest diplomat being handcuffed)

10. Noel Clay, a spokesperson for the US State Department, told NDTV that standard procedures had been followed during Ms Khobragade's arrest. Mr Clay also said, "Under the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations, the Indian Deputy Consul General enjoys immunity from the jurisdiction of US courts only with respect to acts performed in the exercise of consular functions." India has argued that the US has violated the Vienna Convention.
Row over Devyani Khobragade's arrest intensifies: 10 developments | NDTV.com

Maybe she is asking for a political asylum as her family is being hold in India. She feel her human rights are violated.

India is not a dictatorship. It is a responsible democracy with an independent judiciary.

The diplomat asserted that she would be complying with US labor laws (regardless of any diplomatic immunity), but it turns out that she didn't.

That is as yet just an assertion, an allegation & remains to be proved. All other factors in the case, I have already put across in my earlier posts.

Subsequently, Khobragade narrated her ordeal in an email to her colleagues.

"I must admit that I broke down many times as the indignities of repeated handcuffing, stripping and cavity searches, swabbing, hold up with common criminals and drug addicts were all being imposed upon me despite my incessant assertions of immunity," the 1999-batch IFS officer wrote.

just imagine any american killing an indian?lmfao america is a whole another game just deal with tiny little isi first lol.
Your ISI is a hidden stooge of your Army. First see if ur army has balls to deal with Indian Army. Some reason you guyz always talk bout Nukes coz cant stand straight againt IA. Its called, we r ready to die if its India but wont talk bout nuking USA coz their dick is sweet. What random logic?

proven facts
so nowadays you go on measuring the dick of any random guy you meet.i feel sorry for your sexual orientation but then again we can't do anything about it,can we!well it is slightly comforting to know that you live in the U.S.A. where same sex marriage is legal,so you probably don't have to suffer the agony of being a bit "different" than the rest of the guys in that country....:rofl:

Even in your wildest hallucinations, don't even dream of touching gay Americans.

Hollywood will smack you so hard, your trillion dollar market will become irrelevant.
True if we were to act on it. However this works always
plot11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom