What's new

India rejects Iranian demand for $1 mn

LMAO... I am handsome dude.... not a chick..... btw, my comment was not an attempt to hurt anyones sentiments..... :D

:nana:
you little cute hot chick:smitten:

in whatever, idonno
what matters is that iran accepted the payment in rupee
so even if the insurance was in rial it was nice to accept it

The numbers don't lie.

India exports $2 billion to Iran and imports $8 billion.

There has got to be way ...to pay the Iran the much needed foreign currency at this point of crisis . Also Iran needs to balance its national priorities vis a vis nuclear programme and Economic sanctions .

As far as US is concerned it has let Israel get away with Nukes but is targeting Iran ....Just as it tactfully it ignored Chinese nuclear proliferation to Pakistan but has targeted North Korea ....We have to understand powers like US are neither correct nor righteous .

That's why we need multipolar world...to bring balance of powers .

The economic sanctions have hit Iran very hard ...I am not sure how much India can help and in which way ...although India would like to do all it can within its power !

in whatever, idonno
what matters is that iran accepted the payment in rupee
so even if the insurance was in rial it was nice to accept it

Its not a quid pro quo. Rupee has limited usefulness for Iran. India has zero usefulness for Rial as Rial will not be accepted by any other country of the world.

International law is very clear ....A ship can't be detained in international waters !

We have let go Chinese spy ships near sea of Bengal simply because it was in International waters ...
Iran is clearly at fault of violating International law whatever may be merits of its cause ...

jesus after this much discussion i thought we clarified that for u
chinese spy ship wasnt an enviromental threat to a small waterway called persiangulf

ask u this though: tell me why should iran do that with political agenda???
pls answer this

Its not a quid pro quo. Rupee has limited usefulness for Iran. India has zero usefulness for Rial as Rial will not be accepted by any other country of the world.

limited? its only gonna work in india
cause the same story goes for rupee dear brother

The numbers don't lie.

India exports $2 billion to Iran and imports $8 billion.

India's export to Iran in 2012-2013 stood at $4.5 Billion

India is the world's fourth biggest oil importer so $8 Billion import from Iran makes sense, its not rocket science. But India surely can't be exporting $4.5 Billion worth of "junk" products? Oh and BTW India's export to Iran is expected will touch $6 Billion in 2013-2014. Guess they love Indian junk products in Iran :rolleyes:

India's exports to Iran to touch $6 bn in 2013-14: FIEO

Mumbai: The value of Indian exports to Iran is expected to touch USD 6 billion in 2013-14 from the present USD 4.5 billion, according to apex exporters body FIEO.

"The opening of letter of credit from Iran under the rupee payment mechanism has been impressive touching about USD 400 million on monthly basis.

"With the new provision being put into place, we can look for exports close to USD 6 billion in 2013-14," Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) President M Rafeeque Ahmed said in a statement here.

Hailing the notification permitting export of imported goods to Iran with 15 per cent value addition, Ahmed said the move will benefit Indian exports and we can look forward for sizable growth in India's exports to Iran in the current fiscal.

Ahmed suggested that the government should put a cap on such exports so that the basic idea of promoting manufactured exports from the country remain in focus and the new provision is tested on a limited scale.

India's imports from Iran, which mainly comprise crude oil, are expected to fall to around USD 10 billion this financial year because of a decline in oil prices, FIEO said.

Top items of Exports from India to Iran:India’s exports to Iran include rice, machinery & instruments, metals, primary and semi finished iron & steel, drugs/pharmaceuticals & fine chemicals, processed minerals, manmade yarn & fabrics, tea, organic/inorganic/agro chemicals, rubber manufactured products, etc.

Top items of Imports by India from Iran: Crude Oil, urea, Petroleum products, Saffron, Dry Fruits.

Whats Pakistan's export to Iran worth? Is it even half a billion dollar? That too mostly agricultural products. And then you have the gall to call Indian products junk and that India is holding Iran at ransom to push its "junk" product. And is quite sad that you have to bank on American propaganda websites, you of all people :lol:

:lol: Yes and isolate itself even further. If push comes to shove India wouldn't hesitate to show Iran its place (we have already detained an Iranian ship if am not wrong). But lets just hope it doesn't come to that and better sense prevail.

Calm down mate, Iran is a friend and will be a friend in future. Please do not show any emotions.Lets hope the issue is resolved peacefully.

This incident is not about facts but is emotional.

$1 million for cleaning up environmental damage indian ship caused has nothing to do with sanction. Indians are using this "sanction" mumbo jumbo propaganda and looking for escape route. Iran should sell the crude, sell the ship to scrapyard and recover money to clean up damage india caused. End of the story, problem solved.

India's export to Iran in 2012-2013 stood at $4.5 Billion

Look at the historical figures in http://www.ficci.com/international/75186/Project_docs/India-Iran-Economic--Relations.pdf
These are the figures for the last several years and are offical figures from the GOI.

For Apr-Dec 2012-13, the figures are as I gave before and are in line with previous years.

The reality is that Iran does not want any Indian junk. Since 2007, annual Iranian imports from India hover around the $2 billion mark, even as exports to India hover around the $14 billion mark. The figures have been remarkably stagnant all these years.

Your projections prove the assertion that Iran is only buying Indian junk because India is forcing it to.. What else is Iran going to do with all the INR piling up?

This topic is not about Pakistan, although I can understand your frustration at not being able to stick to the topic.

There has got to be way ...to pay the Iran the much needed foreign currency at this point of crisis .

India is not giving Iran any useful foreign currency (USD or EUR). It is paying in INR which can only be used to buy Indian products -- something which Iran has resisted all these years.

Essentially, India is taking advantage of Iran's circumstances to push through a barter agreement of Indian goods in exchange for Iranian oil.

Look at the historical figures in http://www.ficci.com/international/75186/Project_docs/India-Iran-Economic--Relations.pdf
These are the figures for the last several years and are offical figures from the GOI.

For Apr-Dec 2012-13, the figures are as I gave before and are in line with previous years.

The reality is that Iran does not want any Indian junk. Since 2007, annual Iranian imports from India hover around the $2 billion mark, even as exports to India hover around the $14 billion mark. The figures have been remarkably stagnant all these years.

Your projections prove the assertion that Iran is only buying Indian junk because India is forcing it to.. What else is Iran going to do with all the INR piling up?

This topic is not about Pakistan, although I can understand your frustration at not being able to stick to the topic.

So this is again due to "political issues with India". ;)

Anyway, we hope your Yemen stabilizes and can get rid of AQ Islamic terror.

That is one of the differences between us and many of you Arabs I guess. We don't hate even our traitors so much while you even turn on your saviors.

You are quoting 8 months figure, I showed you the latest figure for the whole year 2012-2013, its $4.5 Billion.

And you are the Iranian Government spokesperson if am not wrong? Its quite sad that you have to take help of anti-Iranian American propaganda websites to make your point that Iran doesn't want "Indian junk products". I mean you of all people, who sees zionist control over media every where:omghaha:

Its not India's problem that Iran is facing sanctions. India and Iran has worked out a solution to bypass the sanctions, and mind you India didn't get Iran to agree to these conditions by putting a gun to its head.

Iran is not obliged to sell its oil to India, neither is India obliged to buy Iranian oil, despite that, they have mutually agreed to a set up which works for both parties, to the discomfort of the Americans and its opportunistic lackeys.

Every other country which is buying Iranian oil has reached to similar agreements, including China, South Korea, Japan, . Heck even Pakistan has reached a barter agreement with Iran, even though there isn't much that you guys export or can export to Iran. I guess the Iranians abhor high quality products and would rather prefer Indian "junk products"

India's export to Iran wasn't the topic either, until you decided to comment on it by quoting "Iran-Times International" which is based in Washington D.C !

Although I can understand your frustration when Iran doesn't buy high quality Pakistani products and buys low quality alternatives from India instead. Despite the fact Iran shares a land border with Pakistan, despite the fact that your country is an Islamic Republic just like Iran, that frustration is very well understandable and is on display here for everyone to see.

Although I can understand your frustration when Iran doesn't buy high quality Pakistani products and buys low quality alternatives from India instead. Despite the fact Iran shares a land border with Pakistan, despite the fact that your country is an Islamic Republic just like Iran, that frustration is very well understandable and is on display here for everyone to see.

While agreeing with most of what you mention, don't think he gives a damn to Pakistani exports to Iran.

He just has political issues with India. ;)

And he has given up on Pakistan long back... (His own words).

You are quoting 8 months figure, I showed you the latest figure for the whole year 2012-2013, its $4.5 Billion.

And I showed you the historical figures to illustrate that, for several years now, Iran has said NO to Indian junk. The imports stood at $2 billion since 2007. They have only climbed this year because Iran's choices have become more constrained and Iran needs to use up the INR which is useless for anything else.

You can claim that the quality of Indian goods has jumped so much in one year that the Iranians have been wowed. You can claim that, but no one's going to believe it.

India's export to Iran wasn't the topic either, until you decided to comment on it

The claim was that India was helping out Iran during a tough time.

The reality is that India is using the situation to dump Indian goods onto Iran. If Indian goods were all that, why didn't Iran increase imports all these years? Is Iran suddenly flush with cash that it can now afford these superior Indian products? No, it's because Iran has a bunch of INR piling up which is only good for one thing: to buy Indian imports.

And you continued attempts to bring Pakistan only help to show your frustration.
The topic is about India and Iran, not Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom