What's new

India refuses to provide dam water data to Pakistan

These three rivers are for india only ....india is not required to give any data to pak on this.

The request here was for flood mitigation. I guess they are worried that Indian dams may end up with too much water and may end up releasing some of it leading to floods down river in Pakistan. In my opinion, India should give sufficient warning if this is the case. Although from the way the Monsoons are acting this time, floods similar to past years from these rivers seem unlikely this year.

For the Internet Hindus/Muslims/Bakwasis. The problem here is too much water not lack of it.

80-20 in pakistan's favour.

People seriously need to read the IWT than throwing allegations based on newspapers reports.

India need to seriously abolish existing IWT treaty and make the sharing at least 50 -50 in the new treaty.. India has such a huge water shortage.

The request here was for flood mitigation. I guess they are worried that Indian dams may end up with too much water and may end up releasing some of it leading to floods down river in Pakistan. In my opinion, India should give sufficient warning if this is the case. Although from the way the Monsoons are acting this time, floods similar to past years from these rivers seem unlikely this year.

For the Internet Hindus/Muslims/Bakwasis. The problem here is too much water not lack of it.
i must say its more of mutual reciprocacity on IWT.India does suffer floods in monsoon season on western river but then pakistan always has denied india to manage floods mutually by building check dams etc.on these rivers.Its like you deny me on western river i deny u on eastern,

emphasizes the need of a SAR satellite from which Pakistan can accurately measure water levels in indian dams without asking the stupid paranoid babus

does any one thought that one cricket match can resolve our issue...............:pakistan::partay:
There is no issue at all on IWT.its all created for local consumption to save ones own neck from public for 60 yrs of failed water policies. so india becomes easy punching bag in pakistan.

emphasizes the need of a SAR satellite from which Pakistan can accurately measure water levels in indian dams

Why do you need to measure water levels in Indian dams? There are no dam on the Indus river so why is this obsession about the water in the dams over India specific rivers??

Why do you need to measure water levels in Indian dams? There are no dam on the Indus river so why is this obsession about the water in the dams over India specific rivers??

most Pakistani rivers are linked with Indian rivers and every year they release flood water without warning..
this is murder..

emphasizes the need of a SAR satellite from which Pakistan can accurately measure water levels in indian dams without asking the stupid paranoid babus
Good idea atleast pakistan will be saved from indian red tape bureaucracy.and from putting requests which take long time to reply.

most Pakistani rivers are linked with Indian rivers and every year they release flood water without warning..
this is murder..
there are hunderd twons and villages before water enters pakistan.And many a times india had warned in advanced to pakistan Indus commissioner well before water reaches danger mark in dams.

It's a two-street, why should it be India always giving and Pakistan never reciprcating? India has every right to do with the data, it has spent national treasure on collecting, what it wishes. It's funny that India demands so much from Pakistan in way of information and action yet receives so little yet when it comes to India- it declines once to share information and Pakistan is up in arms about it! It is not India's fault their met dept is so superior to Pakistan's and Pakistan's is so incompetent (not opinion- FACT, look at floods and droughts that inflict Pakistan with no planning or predictions), the Indian Govt spends A LOT of money on its met dept so why should Pakistan benefit from this data when it is not willing to reciprocate in anyway whatsoever?

This story is bound to blow up because it has these key words that incite hatred in many Pakistanis:

India, water, treaty, Indus, dams, floods

India need to seriously abolish existing IWT treaty and make the sharing at least 50 -50 in the new treaty.. India has such a huge water shortage.
Abolishing IWT is for india to win and for pakistan to lose.Coz even pakistan knows next treaty negotiated will be equal in nature like usa-mexico treaty.i wont deny that india is being generous with iwt.

Back
Top Bottom