What's new

India refuses to provide dam water data to Pakistan

When dealing with water however is a different story. The Indus is Pakistan's only life line. You threaten that, then you threaten the lives of 180 million peoples. And worse case scenario for that is nuclear war on both sides.

Its only fan boys and keyboard warriors who make such baby threats on anonymous internet forums. :lol:

Its only fan boys and keyboard warriors who make such baby threats on anonymous internet forums. :lol:

So you think Pakistan would sit idly by and let you divert the Indus?

C'mon man, even you are not that thick.
And I am not the one making threats of diverting rivers, that your Internet Hindu brothers.

The difference is that MFN or 26/11 are not that big in the grand scheme of things, worse case scenario we have bad relations that we already has for the last 60 years.

When dealing with water however is a different story. The Indus is Pakistan's only life line. You threaten that, then you threaten the lives of 180 million peoples. And worse case scenario for that is nuclear war on both sides.

as per IWT India can use of all of the waters of the Eastern Rivers (Sutlej, Beas and Ravi )

oo baba gee... read the news!! it is not about India storing Pakistan water, not about violation of Indus Water Treaty, it is not that why are you storing our water!! if it was, then you reply of DONT WASTE makes sense,, this is about NOT SHARING information to prevent floods!! what the hell saving and not wasting water have to do with this?

Do not blame them , my friend ... It is the only argument the Indians here seem to have ! Please save water ... Even if it is not flowing from our side ! Wonderful huh ?

@topic, there could be security reasons for not sharing this data.. Information given to Pakistan has an uncanny way to finding its way to terrorists and a small dam with high buildup of water is a pretty ripe target for a jehadi squad.

Thats seems a bit far fetched. Dams are very strong structures, no effect of using C-4s or RDX, IEDs, beyond the expertise of any of these LETs. Also if the dam is blown, even a terrorist planner will be aware of which area its going to flood.

Besides, are there any other sources reporting this?

So you think Pakistan would sit idly by and let you divert the Indus?.

You need to create consensus among Sindh, Punjab and KP build a dam and stop wasting water of Indus river instead of expecting India not to construct the dams on western river. I read you guys even quarreling with Afghanistan over Kabul river.

News is misleading....Under IWT india is not required to provide water data in its dam on eastern rivers like satluj etc which are entirely reserved for india.And for western river which are reserved for pakistan there is no storage dams on it even bagalihar is run of the river dam in which water is released immediately with in week.news doesnt provide information for which river dams pakistan sought data.So i wont blame GOI if pakistan has sought data on eastern river dams like bhakhra nangal etc.its with in india's right to reject any such request.

News is misleading....Under IWT india is not required to provide water data in its dam on eastern rivers like satluj etc which are entirely reserved for india.And for western river which are reserved for pakistan there is no storage dams on it even bagalihar is run of the river dam in which water is released immediately with in week.news doesnt provide information for which river dams pakistan sought data.So i wont blame GOI if pakistan has sought data on eastern river dams like bhakhra nangal etc.its with in india's right to reject any such request.

There you go!! now answer that instead of unnecessarily bringing in farmer deaths and nukes into all discussions. Why would India share data on storage of water that's on the Indian side??

Can you tell me how much in percentage water sharing agreement between indo-pak?

Officials of the Water and Power Department said the Pakistani High Commission sought from India forecast data about water flow from dams built on Ravi, Sutlej and Bias, but India declined this request
These three rivers are for india only ....india is not required to give any data to pak on this.

Can you tell me how much in percentage water sharing agreement between indo-pak?
80-20 in pakistan's favour.

People seriously need to read the IWT than throwing allegations based on newspapers reports.

Back
Top Bottom