What's new

Featured India Plans $3Bln Drone Deal With US to Keep Eye on Border With China, Reports Say

Let me get this straight, 6 drones exactly the same divided by all three services? Just like that gave 22 Apaches to the IAF than Indian Army wanted 6 for itself? Other then it's own beaurocratic red tap and sloth like slowness, inter service rivalry is one of Indian Forces biggest enemies.....

But does 100 million dollar worth it ? do you realized Pakistan paid around 100 million dollars for 48 wing long 2. if we invest so much in wing long we could have bought almost 1500 armed drones which were will have much more fire power

Not sure if the WL 2 was a procurement plan or a co-production plan and if it actually materialised.

I agree with you though, if cost-efficient solutions exist, then those are the ones, any and all parties should go for. I truly hope India is wasting its money and isn't acquiring state of the art tech with this procurement, if it goes ahead.

Everyone just milking the holy cow before it is butchered :D
The Modi regime has no trouble throwing away the Indians hard earned money. Well phonebooth and temple scammers excluded. If India goes south their deals will secure them an asylum in the safe heaven of international terrorists. They probably already have American passports in their bags.

Last edited:
The Modi regime has no trouble throwing away the Indians hard earned money. Well phonebooth and temple scammers excluded. If India goes south their deals will secure them an asylum in the safe heaven of international terrorists. They probably already have American passports in their bags.
Nah Modi and his people get kickbacks from Dassault and other super expensive foreign vendors ... why would he care about throwing away Indians hard earned money if much of it ends up in his pockets anyway :enjoy:

India's Talibanisation continues.

GDP below negative (Bhagwan knows how low it is by now), no toilets for people to do their business in, but buying drones.

Modi is trying to cover up dismal economic failures and line the pocket of Hindutva cronies by beating war drums in useless manner.

$30 million a pop... America's going in dry.:usflag:

And of course they're getting drones from the US; where else would they get them, DRDO?:omghaha:

$100mil each lol
You're right, I misread that and had a math fail. $100 million... it's a real shame China doesn't sell weapons to India; they're too incompetent to properly use them and they'll pay a 10x markup.

Considering Pakistan literally begged for Predator drones from US for almost a decade, but Pakistan neither had the finances nor the security clearance to own them, in the end had to settle for cheap Chinese knock offs.
Pakistan even went to the extent of importing a Chinese drone, giving it an Arabic name and calling it in "indigenous".

P.S. - Indian economy is still more than ten times the size of Pakistan's.

Considering Pakistan literally begged for Predator drones from US for almost a decade, but Pakistan neither had the finances nor the security clearance to own them, in the end had to settle for cheap Chinese knock offs.
Pakistan even went to the extent of importing a Chinese drone, giving it an Arabic name and calling it in "indigenous".

P.S. - Indian economy is still more than ten times the size of Pakistan's.
Why stop at 30 drones then? Match Pak drone for drone and buy a hundred more.

Why stop at 30 drones then? Match Pak drone for drone and buy a hundred more.

You don't have a hundred UCAVs, and certainly none that can match the technology of Reapers.

If this deal goes through, India will be the largest operator Reaper drones after USAF itself.

So you guys paid $20M extra PER drone!? Which comes out to $600M!? :lol:

@jamahir @Ajay Ghatak @charene514 @IsThisNameAvailable This ties back into our conversation about the Indian Mars Orbiter, whose company, Antrix made 20-40M profit per year depending on source.

Like I said in that thread also, you guys are great at wasting hard earned $$$ and I love it.

Indian Mars Orbiter Discussion: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/indi...planet-but-where-is-the-science.685803/page-2 post 16 & 32.

The cost increase amounts to YoY increase in systems cost all included.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom