What's new

India-Pakistan: Can We Ever Be Friends?

Why don't Pakistanis understand that what matter in Kashmir is what Indians want. And I don't think Indians wants to give away Kashmir to Pakistan.

Of course Pakistan and India will be friends one day. I don't know how could we not be? We have much more in common, we have shed much less blood than UK vs France... It is only a matter of time. I FIRMLY believe in that reconciliation.
Pakistan was not really formed to be an Islamic state. It was formed to be a secular state where Muslims would find better opportunities--and they certainly did.
Indians need to think out of the box. It is not just the PA which is extremely concerned about a Hindu-led India domination--even the most liberal Pakistanis would not want to be dominated by Indian Hindus. Essentially, this is a secular rejection once you think through it. Indians really are misguided when they assert that PA is the culprit.
Since the mid 2000's almost the entire Pakistani civilian and military leadership is for peace with India--even to the point of 'shelving' the Kashmir issue, lip-service notwithstanding. There is a golden opportunity for India. But I don't think Indians want to be as 'generous' as they imply they were in 1971-72. "Hit them hard when they are down". Why not: USA is behind India now. Why not correct a historic mistake? Why not cut a corridor to Afghanistan? Why not reduce Pakistanis to the Palestinians of South Asia: Proverbial Polishing of Indian shoes. These kinds of arrogant and stupid thoughts often show up in India's premier discussion Bharat Rakshak.
And one day the Indian leadership may realize that Uncle Sam has packed up and gone. And that China, Pakistan, and Arab countries (and perhaps even Iran) would rather exclude all Western presence in Afghanistan. That day will not be pretty for the cocky Indian leadership.
But we Pakistanis--because of our big hearts, will probably still try to build bridges with India, so long as our Western borders are not threatened. Perhaps only then Indians would listen to us?
They will eventually talk once they realize the futility of their Lebens Raum (spp?) in Pakistan.

Of course Pakistan and India will be friends one day. I don't know how could we not be? We have much more in common, we have shed much less blood than UK vs France... It is only a matter of time. I FIRMLY believe in that reconciliation.
Pakistan was not really formed to be an Islamic state. It was formed to be a secular state where Muslims would find better opportunities--and they certainly did.
Indians need to think out of the box. It is not just the PA which is extremely concerned about a Hindu-led India domination--even the most liberal Pakistanis would not want to be dominated by Indian Hindus. Essentially, this is a secular rejection once you think through it. Indians really are misguided when they assert that PA is the culprit.
Since the mid 2000's almost the entire Pakistani civilian and military leadership is for peace with India--even to the point of 'shelving' the Kashmir issue, lip-service notwithstanding. There is a golden opportunity for India. But I don't think Indians want to be as 'generous' as they imply they were in 1971-72. "Hit them hard when they are down". Why not: USA is behind India now. Why not correct a historic mistake? Why not cut a corridor to Afghanistan? Why not reduce Pakistanis to the Palestinians of South Asia: Proverbial Polishing of Indian shoes. These kinds of arrogant and stupid thoughts often show up in India's premier discussion Bharat Rakshak.
And one day the Indian leadership may realize that Uncle Sam has packed up and gone. And that China, Pakistan, and Arab countries (and perhaps even Iran) would rather exclude all Western presence in Afghanistan. That day will not be pretty for the cocky Indian leadership.
But we Pakistanis--because of our big hearts, will probably still try to build bridges with India, so long as our Western borders are not threatened. Perhaps only then Indians would listen to us?
They will eventually talk once they realize the futility of their Lebens Raum (spp?) in Pakistan.

In many ways you have shown why there will never be peace. The amount of disingenuous information in your post... oh well. Blogs and forum posts don't guide foreign policy, the possibility of peace is not dependent on them. It is dependent on actions of terror stopping.

manged conflicts and India needs to grow a backbone and take a page from the Israelis

You have shown exactly why there will never be peace.
Keep mulling in your jihadi stew. Keep your love for your ummah and Arabs. We will make sure each and every jihadi dog that crosses the LoC is shot.

Our economy is not dependent on you, neither is our trade with Central Asia. Our port in Iran is now built.

It is in both countries interests to have peace with each other. I am Irooni and I love both Pakistan & India. HOWEVER I don't agree with all of India's policy on Muslims

It is in both countries interests to have peace with each other. I am Irooni and I love both Pakistan & India. HOWEVER I don't agree with all of India's policy on Muslims

1. We do no like your policy w.r.t the Jews.
2. We do not like your policy w.r.t Hindus
3. Which particular Indian policy on Muslims do you not like ?
4. What is your opinion on Pakistani policy on muslims deaths, drone attacks, ahmadi's ?
5. What is your opinion on pakistan's policy on minorities ?

1. We do no like your policy w.r.t the Jews.
2. We do not like your policy w.r.t Hindus
3. Which particular Indian policy on Muslims do you not like ?
4. What is your opinion on Pakistani policy on muslims deaths, drone attacks, ahmadi's ?
5. What is your opinion on pakistan's policy on minorities ?
Pakistan is very tolerant of its minorities after all Pakistan is a very ethnically mixed country.

In every situation where a party thinks there can be no compromise in the beginning ( pak army and intellectuals here) cannot dictate and demand a compromise later when it suits them.

India can sit quiet and bleed pak as it chooses to,India has issues to solve and any pak adventurism unites Indians and also ends up hurting Pak at the sametime.

Can the martial punjabis change their skin now and play doves?

Hahahaha,what a double edged sword this biatch of a reality is.

Back
Top Bottom