What's new

India: Pak Rail team arrives today to buy engines

i think india should offer pakistan only electric engines. after tht I hope Zardari offer India tender PR Electrification.once done tht they will start buying electricity from us and then whenever there is any t-attack. we just need to switch off their electricity and water.

problem solved

i think india should offer pakistan only electric engines. after tht I hope Zardari offer India tender PR Electrification.once done tht they will start buying electricity from us and then whenever there is any t-attack. we just need to switch off their electricity and water.

problem solved

dude we need to have a chat, I could seriously use your brains for my business.:D

India should sell train engines to Pakistan if it is possible.

problem solved

Haahhahahah we Evil Bharati's

@illision Was about to comment the same :)

India is going to sell us teen number ka maal.

jaisa grahak waisa maal...teen number is not even bad for u....we know who can buy Alphonso and who should be offered totapuri..but that does not mean Totapuri won’t serve your purpose…It is just a class that differs..

PR is in mess, from minister to porter most of them are busy in corruption and filling their pockets.
They need bottom to top turnaround and for that they have to start from one sector, isolate that sector retrain employees and put most corrupt one at bay. Before starting long distance trains they should start short distance train service like Mumbai local train service. That will bring sense of irresponsibility in employees and then carry forward ...
Any way Indian loco may be old in technology but they are very good. In India most of bad name to railway come from ministers and accidents because of human errors as well as passengers don't care for railway property.. otherwise volume we guys a managing is mind blowing from ticketing to signaling ...

Better not to use this as a cheap excuse for bragging rights.They asked for it,we are already delivering them to bangladesh and have a domestic requirement.Once these are met of course there should be no problems in coming to a business agreement.There is no point in going to **** fight contest over minor matters.Infact this will be a good gesture .
Btw i think main problems with pakistani railways is maintainence , 'kabza groups' and feudals who sell off equipment.
Another main problem is that pakistan doesn't produce them domestically,whereas india does.They should rectify this.

It’s a good deal; improved compatibility between the rails of two nations would help us to have smooth and direct connectivity with each other for trade and tourism… sooner or later, both of us have to forget the history and move on to a better relationship with each other making the borders irrelevant…

Theres a saying..beggars should not be choosers....

The corrupt officals and total mis-management of resources have seen that pakistan railways has fallen to this level.At this momemnt their focus is one thing...Min investment and repectable rewards.And if this can be achieved by buying indian locomotives then why not?
The crux is indian locomotives deliver what they promise at the price point they are offered.

If god permits , coupled witha good mamangemnt, Pakistani railways shall prosper and then they may look at importing more advanced locomotives rom wherever they may choose

Till then, get the act correct with what ever minimal resources one has.

Pakistan railway should have fixed the problematic engines which are damaged by them selves by using low quality of engine oils etc pakistan could it self made a japnese technology locomotive engine in pakistan i dont know why wasting money on purchasing these engines Minister of railway want some commission from these deals i guess

Pakistan railway should have fixed the problematic engines which are damaged by them selves by using low quality of engine oils etc pakistan could it self made a japnese technology locomotive engine in pakistan i dont know why wasting money on purchasing these engines Minister of railway want some commission from these deals i guess

good suggestion , but if you start thinking of it, it will take 3 years to materialize. logistics , knowledge, infrastructure takes time.

best thing is Pakistan can start joint venture with china or india on 20 years contract.

and after that you guys have good knowledge base.

good suggestion , but if you start thinking of it, it will take 3 years to materialize. logistics , knowledge, infrastructure takes time.

best thing is Pakistan can start joint venture with china or india on 20 years contract.

and after that you guys have good knowledge base.

we already have japnese technology in pakistan and can produce 2 engines per month on single shift on double shift pakistan can produce 4 engines per month in risalpur railway works and it can produce 2000 to 3000 Hp engines diesel n electric both its our beloved corrupt leaders who want commission from these deals and the chinese engines still can back on track by fixes which can be done easily but they will not fix it

I say sell them the Engines,don't lease it.... sell it for standard price,no need to hike the price coz they are pakistanis...

But downgrade them and decrease their lifetime.... :D

Pakistan looks to Delhi for more locomotives

New Delhi In a move that signals that normalisation of bilateral ties is on the right track, the government is considering a request from Pakistan to supply rail engines.

Pakistan is facing an acute shortage of locomotives that has forced its railways to suspend operations of as many as 128 passenger trains in recent months.

The proposal got a forward push yesterday as a Pakistan Railways Advisory and Consultancy Services Limited team held discussions with the Railway Infrastructure, Technical and Economic Services, a public sector undertaking of India.

"We have received their request...we are exploring it in consultation with the Ministry of External Affairs," Railway Board chairman Vinay Mittal said.

gulfnews : Pakistan looks to Delhi for more locomotives

sell them only if we get cash payment in US $... preferably through a third party ... :)... rest i am not against India earning some extra cash... better we sell them refurbished engines... :P

Looking through the locomotives that PR uses, DPU 30's, AGU 30's and HGMU 30's are the only viable (running) locos at the moment. Clearly, PR does not feel it needs very high power locomotives. With that in mind, PR can look at many 3000 hp offerings from DLW. Since in Pakistan, there is no distinction between passenger and goods locos (due to limited usage), it is best to look at the mixed diesel traction available from DLW. These include the WDM 3A, 3C and 3D all of which are rated at > 3100 hp. These locos are good value for money but since these are in considerable demand within the IR with >50 inducted every year, I am not sure how quickly DLW might be able to meet PR requirements.

WDM 3D:

bta98723e.jpg

cab controls:

the+controls+P.jpg

However, if PR wants the absolute best in diesel that India has to offer, then you can always ask for the WDP 4D (4500 hp) or WDG 5 (5500 bhp).

WDG5:
Wdg-5.JPG

Added Later:

The WDG5 locomotive design is a significant enhancement over the existing high horsepower diesel locomotives currently in use on the Indian Railways. It includes electronic fuel injection, radial grids and high adhesion, lightweight fabricated bogies. It has a modern driver interface and crew-friendly features, such as an air conditioned cab and toilet, which is another first for the Indian Railways fleet. This locomotive is the only one that incorporates salient features from International Union of Railways (UIC) and Association of American Railroads (AAR) crashworthiness criteria and is a major step forward in safety.

Back
Top Bottom