What's new

India: Pak Rail team arrives today to buy engines

These railway engines are mainly for the purpose of earning a profit for the Pak Army's National Logistics Cell (NLC), by transporting NATO supplies.

Army has its eye on Nato supplies deal | DAWN.COM

I am not opposed to the Pak Army earning a profit, nor to NATO getting its supplies, but only if Pak Army also demonstrates its peaceful intentions towards India.

we must not sell our engines... this is just an invitation to problem.

Lol what
People working in the factories will get better pay ..
There would be more hiring in the factories .. UnEmployment will be decreased

Pakistan will be the country where the engine will be tested .. This could help us get more international clients especially in Africa and other Asian countries

I say sell them the Engines,don't lease it.... sell it for standard price,no need to hike the price coz they are pakistanis...

But downgrade them and decrease their lifetime.... :D

Do you think those engineers are retard and buy whatever we sell

*Facepalm*

Our Goverment is going to buy teen number ka maal,while using funds for ek number ka rates, and pocket the difference. Zardari has sold the country.

You know what
Beggars are not choosers :P

Lol what
People working in the factories will get better pay ..
There would be more hiring in the factories .. UnEmployment will be decreased

Pakistan will be the country where the engine will be tested .. This could help us get more international clients especially in Africa and other Asian countries

Do you think those engineers are retard and buy whatever we sell

*Facepalm*

You know what
Beggars are not choosers :P

lol you dont know about Pakistan railways they will bang all of those engines just like they did with chinese one :disagree:

is it really the fault of Chinese?
Chinese sold Engines worth the price they are paid by Pakistan. in short, may be 2nd quality Engines :D China sure may have better Engines for their Railway.
quoting from a old thread:
Its not the Chinese fault, its our own fault to have inducted such engines.

Problem is the railway guys have been one of the most corrupt, so to safe money to be put into their own pockets out of the total money allowed for buying such stuff, they go for cheap products, which only the Chinese provide, thus with the amount of contract given, this is what quality the Chinese can provide.

So it has nothing to do with the Chinese side, its our own doing.

Now they blame the Chinese and will go for some other expensive thing and once again fill their pockets with kickbacks and other stuff.

Of course since we have a corrupt railway minister Bilour who has eaten all the funds designated to railway this is bound to happen.

Now we are going to India for engines. I heard last time that the Chinese engines didn't work for us. What brilliant quality engines are the Indians going to give us now.

Only German engines will work for our trains and they have proven in the past to be capable of hauling our trains long distances WITHOUT breaking down. Every Chinese engine we managed to use has broken down. India has no better quality engines.

Our government is retarded. They have no planning, they aren't even thinking about the future the long run. How long are these engines going to run before they give away. 1 year? 2 years?

No forward thinking, utter corruption... where has our country come to.

They need to show the nation at the end of term that everything is in working order to get votebank (I'm no expert to qulity...they will try any shortcut without thinking far-future either...just my opinion)

So many reason the collapse of country, we, our leaders, perhaps Chinese quality engine (we choosen our selves, as some said they have all quality levels from number 1 to 10 depending your pocket)...Aha, so I conclude many reason to trouble of my country:

kuj oonj wi ookhian rahwan sun,
kuj menu gal da shoq wi si,

kuj shehr day log wi zalim sun,
kuj menu maran da shoq wi si.

I agree we need to think many times before purchasing from India or any country, I mean we are not advanced country,
susta roway baar baar mehgaa rowy aik baar...

some members say that Pak rail used low quality lubricant for Chinese engines and hence they were out of condition much sooner than expected

The relatively cheaper cost of Indian train engines has attracted Pakistan to the country. The manufacturing cost of a state-of-the-art engine comes up to $2.4 million in India, as opposed to the average cost of $ 3-4 million elsewhere.

It is more to do with kickbacks and comissions as China and any respectable country not willing to engage in Mr.10% business schemes. Otherwise, we have no shortage of capability to manufacture these items in-house.

Even Iran has a better offer of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IranRunner which is a licenses manufacture of Siemens EuroRunner

It is more to do with kickbacks and comissions as China and any respectable country not willing to engage in Mr.10% business schemes. Otherwise, we have no shortage of capability to manufacture these items in-house.

Even Iran has a better offer of IranRunner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which is a licenses manufacture of Siemens EuroRunner

I guess Pakistan doesnt possess capability to manufacture loco components inhouse. When I say that I mean parts like Cam and crank shafts of the loco, which here in Indian DLW outsources the same to SME's spread across India. Loco cam to be produced not only requires the know-how but the precision technology cam grinders to generate the profile and the same applies to crank. These are only two key components that I specified. DLW has moved on from license production to inhouse indigenous production tied up with international loco manufacturers such as WDG5 jointly designed by DLW, EMD and RDSO.

Pakistan to develop such capabilities will probably take years to achieve and would require a lot of political will. I agree to your point when it comes to assembly of engines.

Varanasi Diesel Locomotive plants has just 200 engines producing capacity per year. So, it seems difficult that Pakistan will get 100 engines from India.

I will support the deal, because the more India and Pakistan do business the better it is for relations between two countries.

Indian railway is out of mind?? We should not sell anything to pakistan outright. There should be following conditions.

1. Indian engineer can only be used maintenance or they may reverse engineer.
2. All engine must have killer switch.
3. Upfront hard cash before engine delivery.

^^^
Seriously, what's there to reverse engineer in Railway engine man?

Back
Top Bottom