What's new

India: Pak Rail team arrives today to buy engines

I have a feeling, Indians won't sell or renege on the promised prices at the last minute.

It is called DOWNGRADING !!!

Ya man I totally agree, Since the chinese products are not working it must be the end of the world for you.

Out of curiosity Can you tell me what would be the country according to you which can provide you better product than chinese ????

Your reading skills are really poor buddy. Let me ask once again

country according to you which can provide you better product than chinese ????

According to the list , India is below China in terms of quality.

We have our own yards and until recently, we never had to rely on any other country to make engines for us, I don't understand why we are buying engines from another country but I think that the yards cannot keep up with demand and Indian engines are comparatively cheaper, they are also made to run on british track and platform measurments, thus no need for altering the entire route as we had to do with the Chinese Engines. Saved a few hundred thousand dollars on the locomotives, lost millions in laying new track and cropping the platforms.

Cannot keep up with the demand ?

Bro; you guys HAVE NO ENGINE :rofl:.

The number of operational engines in pakistan is "76" ( only two digits in there buddy ). Now how did the yard "keep up with the demand" if the number of functional engines were allowed to come soo bloody low ?

What is the reliability of Indian made LOCOS? it is from IR, A Public Sector Undertaking. Since, These are based on GM,ALCO etc designs albeit slightly old, these may be reliable so as to be successful in such a large railway network like Indian Railways.

Also, Pakistani Railways are interested in Diesel Locos?

Locomotives in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of locomotives in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why Chinese Engines failed? I don't think they are Inferior and nothing like their passenger Cars. Indian Railways must re-think before selling to Pakistan. What Pakistan Railways needs is "Service Support" and proper maintenance of Chinese Locomotives instead of writing off.

39 YDM4's from India were rented by the biradar mulkh Malaysia through IRCON and the Malaysians are happy with their performance :yes2:

This locomotive was built by Diesel Locomotive Works, Varanasi, India. YDM 6000 series locomotives are leased from Indian Railways. It is still in service. This loco produces only 1300 horsepower. It has a top speed of 120KM/h. This loco is called YDM because of the Indian Railways locomotive classification system. For this locomotive it is in the form of gauge, power and load. So Y from YDM represents metre gauge, D represents diesel, and M represents mixed loads.

Total of 39 was sent to Malaysia but 19 was sent back to India by 1999. KTMB plans to send all of them back to Ircon in stages after 29 Class from China has arrived. Some of the engines has been spotted with Ircon logo instead of KTMB's. For passenger service, it is mostly used for Mail Trains and Local Trains in the South and East Coast. Sometimes when there is a loco shortage, YDM4 engines can be seen pulling express services especially Express Wau and Express Langkawi. YDM4s are widely used in the northern sector too for freight. It does all from flat cars with containers to Bogie Tank Urea(BTU). This engines are well known among KTM staffs and railway fans for it's reliability. Their reliability is 200,000km per failure! It will be very sad to see this heavy smokers leave Malaysia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom