What's new

India: Pak Rail team arrives today to buy engines

Indian railway is out of mind?? We should not sell anything to pakistan outright. There should be following conditions.

1. Indian engineer can only be used maintenance or they may reverse engineer.
2. All engine must have killer switch.
3. Upfront hard cash before engine delivery.

Kill switch for an engine? That's new and for rest of your post my question is why this kolaveri di?

^^^
Seriously, what's there to reverse engineer in Railway engine man?

I wish it was that easy as you make it sound. Even to do a rev engineering you need a sound technological and engineering base, which I don't think a country like Pakistan has. I can give you an example since our family has a own camshaft manufacturing industry and we do supply camshafts to DLW through a third party vendor. I know how difficult it is to even reverse engineer a sub component of DLW loco. You need technological investments in the form of machineries, Quality profile design software, measuring guages & instruments, and profile generating equipments etc. Its not easy to come by, and some has to be developed in house as well.

So in short its not that easy as you make it sound. Without the technical know-how and the willingness to face failure at the cost of R&D is something which is required as the basic criteria to start a project involving reverse engineering. And a country like pakistan right from its birth has been obsessed with success and its generals have historically masked their failures before its citizens with a thick veil. Nothing against the people of Pakistan but its the Politicians which are taking it down.

Ignore the typos

Indian railway is out of mind?? We should not sell anything to pakistan outright. There should be following conditions.

4. India should reserves the right of nuclear strike option if something happened to any Engine

sabhi puraane engine bech ke aadhe rate me naye bna lo :enjoy: good going billu sahab good going IR :drag:

:rofl:
The lamest post award should go to this post

I wish it was that easy as you make it sound. Even to do a rev engineering you need a sound technological and engineering base, which I don't think a country like Pakistan has. I can give you an example since our family has a own camshaft manufacturing industry and we do supply camshafts to DLW through a third party vendor. I know how difficult it is to even reverse engineer a sub component of DLW loco. You need technological investments in the form of machineries, Quality profile design software, measuring guages & instruments, and profile generating equipments etc. Its not easy to come by, and some has to be developed in house as well.

So in short its not that easy as you make it sound. Without the technical know-how and the willingness to face failure at the cost of R&D is something which is required as the basic criteria to start a project involving reverse engineering. And a country like pakistan right from its birth has been obsessed with success and its generals have historically masked their failures before its citizens with a thick veil. Nothing against the people of Pakistan but its the Politicians which are taking it down.

Ignore the typos

according to indians we reverse engineered Tom hawk cruise missile and made babur cruise missile then why cant we reverse engineer a loco engine ??? :enjoy:

according to indians we reverse engineered Tom hawk cruise missile and made babur cruise missile then why cant we reverse engineer a loco engine ??? :enjoy:

Maybe because you couldnt reverse engineer chinese train engines perhaps?

I guess Pakistan doesnt possess capability to manufacture loco components inhouse. When I say that I mean parts like Cam and crank shafts of the loco, which here in Indian DLW outsources the same to SME's spread across India. Loco cam to be produced not only requires the know-how but the precision technology cam grinders to generate the profile and the same applies to crank. These are only two key components that I specified. DLW has moved on from license production to inhouse indigenous production tied up with international loco manufacturers such as WDG5 jointly designed by DLW, EMD and RDSO.

Pakistan to develop such capabilities will probably take years to achieve and would require a lot of political will. I agree to your point when it comes to assembly of engines.

we already have a facility of manufacturing loco engines in pakistan in Pakistan Locomotive Factory, Risalpur and its a japnese technology and about components pakistan have many private companies which provides diesel engines n loco's components :wave: its our corrupt ministers who want commission from any deal we dnt need indian engines at all

Maybe because you couldnt reverse engineer chinese train engines perhaps?

our minister dnt get much from reverse engineering thats why we didnt tried it yet :lol:

we already have a facility of manufacturing loco engines in pakistan in Pakistan Locomotive Factory, Risalpur and its a japnese technology and about components pakistan have many private companies which provides diesel engines n loco's components :wave: its our corrupt ministers who want commission from any deal we dnt need indian engines at all
:

Why didnt i hear no crying from Pakistanis, when you bought Chinese engines then?

Why didnt i hear no crying from Pakistanis, when you bought Chinese engines then?

cz at that time our economy was not in bad condition we were having progressing economy at that time and in current conditions we cant afford another adventure of our corrupt ministers

cz at that time our economy was not in bad condition we were having progressing economy at that time and in current conditions we cant afford another adventure of our corrupt ministers
so are you saying that indian engines are more reliable compared to china.. or that india is more honest than china who seem to have bribed your ministers

our minister dnt get much from reverse engineering thats why we didnt tried it yet :lol:

Sorry I beg to disagree!!:no: Pakistan doesn't have a single loco camshaft or crank manufacturing company, and I would like to stress that even if you plan to start it can only be assembling to start with and many components may have to be imported. I'm not saying that you cannot develop this capability but to say Pakistan already has the know-how would be a far-fetched and too ambitious statement to make. In India company like KEC (Kirloskar Electric company) have already started developing technologies for traction motors. I doubt there would be a single company in Pakistan that could provide a Indigeniously designed and manufactured traction motor component. Companies in India partnered with international companies like Mitsubishi and GE to research in this area especially aiding India to bring down the cost of manufacturing the locos.

For Pakistan to reach that level we can safely assume a period of 10-15 years, as it requires a sound footing of ancillary component manufacturing units helping the parent Loco manufacturing unit. :coffee:

At the same time I agree to your point that your Army and Govt has brought down any such initiative to create and cultivate the indigenous capability in civilian sector.

I'm proud to see India leading in civilian technologies to boom a country's economy more rather than significantly thumping my heart at technological advancement in defence:tup: Nothing against all those Indians who feel proud about Agni-V or any other defence related achievements!!

Ignore the typos

If India does sell the engines it will be a nice step to increasing trade between both countries. With will evidently lead to better ties.

You railway will screw our engines, no engines on Lease Please.

Back
Top Bottom