What's new

India On Track To Knock Britain Out Of World's Top 5 Economies

All those ancient cultures have made their marks as they had thriving scientific societies. But they lost all that lead as they did not invest enough in political science and military strength to protect those achivements and fell behind during the colonial era.

Today, both West and Asian produces science graduates. Unfortunately, most of the science graduates that Asia produces are good to be employed as workers rather than as thinkers.

That this difference that needs to be changed for Asia to regain its glory.

I can not do anything other than agreeing with you!

Yes, Thought... original, composed and choherent is the most difficult thing to do.

The socalled educated/graduates have nothing more than a paper degree to cover their intellectual nakedness... and then you have to keep hearing them repeating what have they studied, where and their degress...

Thought. Yes.

Asians did produce Original Thought. The Fall came, as you have mentioned, through intertia.

Is it due to Cycles?

I asked you about your Shiva and other related subjects... Should I conclude from your non response to let it be?

Or would you like to educate me.

Thanks in both cases.

My sense is that this cultivation of Thought requires a catalyst. What could that be?

No my dear. West did not invest in China for Chinese super human qualities. US wanted to ensure that China is fully pulled away from any influence of USSR. Even today US engages with China part of G2 to ensure US retains its hold on East Asian and South East Asian regions.

An ever threatening China would ensure that all East Asian and South East Asian countries would keep relying on the leadership and support of the West.
How about Japan , Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, why East Asian countries all follow very similar path which you can not find anywhere outside this region.

PPP GDP per capita is a good measurement of living standard. Can you share the GDP per capita in PPP terms between India and England?

PPP GDP is useless in calculating national wealth. Nominal GDP should be used. But PPP GDP per capita is a good way of calculating living standard. What is India's GDP per capita in PPP vs Germany, Japan and England?
PPP is useless no matter how you calculate. Its like a person living in poverty in Canada making 15k a year but bragging he's better off than living in Zimbabwe

PPP is useless no matter how you calculate. Its like a person living in poverty in Canada making 15k a year but bragging he's better off than living in Zimbabwe

Aggregate PPP is useless. But PPP per capita is useful as it help show the opportunity cost of a buck in the hand of its citizens.

India is light years away from achieving anything substantial. This is just nationalistic chest thumping. India doesn't produce anything meaningful and export to the world. Britain and India are poles apart. The day Brits move to India and make a living in that country we will talk. Right now Indians are settling all over the world for economic reasons. Educated Indians prefer to work and live in Western countries which speaks volume.

India should focus on feeding its poor. India would do well if it reduced mass poverty in the upcoming decades. Knocking off established economies is not something India is made for.

Last edited:
India is a fractious nation with hundreds of religions and its caste system is the single most primitive and evil thing still being around in today world. Competing with China at least requires a nation doing things together with a common goal like one person. unless India can make that happen, the country can't go far and won't achieve anything great.

India is a fractious nation with hundreds of religions and its caste system is the single most primitive and evil thing still being around in today world. Competing with China at least requires a nation doing things together with a common goal like one person. unless India can make that happen, the country can't go far and won't achieve anything great.

India cannot compete with Britain. China is in a different league. It is beyond India's comprehension to compete with China.

That sounds like a line from the Communist Manifesto. If anything, it is always good to have debate and differences of opinion in a society and a nation and take multiple stake holders along the path of development. Well, that is what civilized democracies do.

India is light years away from achieving anything substantial. This is just nationalistic chest thumping. India doesn't produce anything meaningful and export to the world. Britain and India are poles apart. The day Brits move to India and make a living in that country we will talk. Right now Indians are settling all over the world for economic reasons. Educated Indians prefer to work and live in Western countries which speaks volume.

India should focus on feeding its poor. India would do well if it reduced mass poverty in the upcoming decades. Knocking off established economies is not something India is made for.

India doesnt produce anything meaningful for world? All your cheap medicines, where do you think they come from? India exports billions of $ worth cheap generic to world which save lives of millions in poor countries across Asia and Africa. India is called Pharmacy of third world. India also exports 100 billion $ worth of IT services to world. Exports in auto industry are also rising. What we lack is financial services as we dont have cities like London.

When China wants to do something the country and the people are very focused and will never get distracted by anything home or abroad. That's why we can always make things happen in incredible short span of time. India, on the other hand ,is notorious for being slow in everything.

India doesnt produce anything meaningful for world? All your cheap medicines, where do you think they come from? India exports billions of $ worth cheap generic to world which save lives of millions in poor countries across Asia and Africa. India is called Pharmacy of third world. India also exports 100 billion $ worth of IT services to world. Exports in auto industry are also rising. What we lack is financial services as we dont have cities like London.

LOL we know the cheap "medicines" only make it to places that can't afford the real ones. Try comparing yourself with real pharmaceutical companies in the world. You won't make the list.

India can thank its IT jobs to Western countries. Call centers and fake techies is what India is half good at.

Name me just one brand India has exported to the world. I can name a dozen brands Britain has exported to the world. Brands that are even used in your "mighty" India.

Last edited:
India suffers the world highest infant and birth mortality rate, people die from all kinds of contagious disease especially for children. You claim that you produce tons of medicine but how come you can't save your children from dying of third world diseases, what an irony you presented to us.

The socalled educated/graduates have nothing more than a paper degree to cover their intellectual nakedness... and then you have to keep hearing them repeating what have they studied, where and their degress...

I could not have said it better.

Asians did produce Original Thought. The Fall came, as you have mentioned, through intertia.

Is it due to Cycles?

Yes. Ancient Asians did produce excellent thoughts. It could be cyclical but the downward cycle was too long for comfort which only means that the upward journey now would not be quick and easy.

My sense is that this cultivation of Thought requires a catalyst. What could that be?

It could be any thing but extremism. Extremism is a byproduct of ignorance and ignorance breeds more ignorance.

In years gone, I was quite interested in some of your ancient wisdom traditions.. came to learn that Tantra is a sect of Sacred Female Worship. Is it true?

What does shakti mean/implies? Is Shiva a symbol or you actuate him as being? Are things more allegorical or they viewed as functional truths by your tradition?

Just a side-bar education. I am just a student of Tao.

So let me start with some basics so that the concept is not misunderstood.

Hinduism is very a recently coined word to give a form and shape to the ancient Indian thoughts.

So I would like to use the term Vedic thoughts instead.

Vedic societies followed Meritocracy.

Thoughts were not unitary in nature and people had freedom to put forward their thoughts without any fear of reprisal. Some thoughts were accepted and some thoughts died.

Vedic scriptures are collection of all thoughts pertaining to various faculty like science, arts, history, spirituality, Law/jurisprudence etc.

In spite of various thoughts on these subjects there is one thing that is common across all schools of thoughts.

There is life and energy driving this universe.

Hence Vedic people worship life and energy in various forms as they are considered to be the manifestations of god.

Shakti is the feminine form of life & energy in the universe that is considered to be responsible for the birth of other forms of life/energy.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom