What's new

India OK with Gen if he can check jihadis

Yes Jana the whole world thought that the Emergency in India was a disgrace and a blot but there were some notable things which took place after it that made India a better democracy and if the same happens after this emergency as I suspect it will then Pakistan will benefit in the long run.

1. The army remained apolitical during the emergency.
2. Mrs Gandhi got a drubbing in the elections and if the ex RAW Chief living in London (plays golf on Sundays) is to be believed she nearly sought asylum in Nepal.
3. No Govt. in India will ever declare emergency again.
4. The judiciary and the press became totally independant.

Regards

Yes i know that (by reading old news) how She lost after the elections.

here in our case

1. Army is apolitical in this case too. Its another matter that Musharraf is also the President of Pakistan.
2. how can you predict future that Govt in India wont declare Emergency after all you never know which direction wind will blow in future with so much of US is coming closer and pressurizing India ;)

Dont forget now US has also stalks in India :)

here in our case

1. Army is apolitical in this case too. Its another matter that Musharraf is also the President of Pakistan.

Sorry Jana its like calling the color black white. Have you forgotten the picture of soldiers climbing over the gates of PTV when he was sacked by Mr NS.

2. how can you predict future that Govt in India wont declare Emergency after all you never know which direction wind will blow in future with so much of US is coming closer and pressurizing India ;)

Yes I cannot predict such a thing happening but the judiciary there cannot be sacked like it can be in Pakistan you have to admit that. In Mrs Gandhi's days any local Govt. could be sacked if it did not play ball but recently the courts did not hesitate to intervene ( I am not sure which state) and declare it illegal.

Yes but that is the brilliance of democracy no one can take unilateral decision. See where Blair is for the folly of Iraq.

That apart India is still some years from being a good democracy but a democracy it certainly is.

Regards

here in our case

haha...
you are kidding right? Since when did our army become apolitical? right from ayub, yahya, zia and now musharraf, our army is always a part of politics. And if army is a part of politics, the general will be the ruler.

Whether India will declare emergency in future is not our concern. And even if they do so what? how are we affected by thier emergency? how does it solve our problem of a corrupt military general president?

look at todays news. Army can courtmartial civilians. I am really fed up with this idiot MUSHARRAF. When all the world loves thier army, we are the ones being dominated by it.

haha...
you are kidding right? Since when did our army become apolitical? right from ayub, yahya, zia and now musharraf, our army is always a part of politics. And if army is a part of politics, the general will be the ruler.

Whether India will declare emergency in future is not our concern. And even if they do so what? how are we affected by thier emergency? how does it solve our problem of a corrupt military general president?

look at todays news. Army can courtmartial civilians. I am really fed up with this idiot MUSHARRAF. When all the world loves thier army, we are the ones being dominated by it.

Dear SherwaniAK,

You are a breath of fresh opinion here. So many post here instead of introspecting Pakistan's problems prefer stating that India is worse.

Pakistan should strive to be one better than India and not get into India centric excuses for their problems.

Regards

That is also a very interesting piece of information.

True that there maybe some elements who are pro TAliban and terrorists, but I wonder if they all are!

Salim - it saddens me that u reacted to this guys crap!

Jana.

Much that I am rooting for Musharraf and stability and peace in Pakistan, do be kind enough not to be like Alastair John Campbell, the Director of Communications and Strategy for the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and give a "spin" to every issue. He was a failed journalist but a good spinner of yarns like the one that Saddam could in 45 minutes devastate the world peace! And that sealed the fate of British Army in being sent to Iraq, only to withdraw as near failure! And what has spilt the UK in opinion and lower seats for the Labour in the British Parliament!

You should not be more loyal to the King that the King himself! Musharraf in his book, "In the Line of Fire" has alluded that the Army was the final arbiter. Please also read history. Read of Ayub's days, even before he became President. He was the force that decided to join the various pacts.

If you feed incorrect information, you only weaken the case!

And you talk about Psy Ops!

It is time you understood Insurgency, Psy Ops, governance and how to put forward your "case".

Salim - it saddens me that u reacted to this guys crap!

Fatman,

I like to read all views and then throw it for discussion since divergent views allows me to understand an issue in near totality.

I try not to be dogmatic in views since dogmas only clouds vision.

In my opinion, only a fool clouds vision and uses muscle power, position or the "Main Dasya" (I said so) attitude.

I always feel that even an idiot has some iota of information that maybe useful for knowledge. Call it 'negativity' of knowledge, if you will.

I hold views with ardour only when I have personally experienced a situation or issue.

Back
Top Bottom