What's new

India OK with Gen if he can check jihadis

Dont post BS. Bull got banned for more or less the same reason, unsubstantiated slander.Take a hint here....

Just collect all the posts by Bull during last one month and you will see it was not just on POST which led to his ban.

You are Bull's Pakistani counterpart, if Bull is gone, you deserve to be gone as well.

It is something Mods and Admins have to decide not YOU.
You have right to Advocate for BULL but Have NO right to decide who should be banned just because he was banned.

Yes, an emergency that was lifted, and not once in Indian history has democracy ever been replaced by dictatorship or autocracy. Something you cant quite say for your country.

And i was not talking about the emergency but the BJP which was born out of that Emergency in India.

BTW Emergencies are to be lifted everywhere so there was nothing special about lifting of Indian emergency.

As far democracy well with over 80 percent of Indian Parliamentarians are said to be with Criminal Records so what is to be proud about having a Democracy with Criminals in the house.

BTW government had announced Today that Emergency Will be LIFTED within a Month

BTW government had announced Today that Emergency Will be LIFTED within a Month

This is good news if indeed it is true. But has the government achieved the purpose of emergency?

a) India is happy if at all there is stable government in Pakistan who can reign in Jihads.
b) India is put on alert after emergency in Pakistan because Pakistan army may misadventure against India just to garner Pakistan peoples support. Only reason Musharaf has not done this is bacuase of US and Westarn pressure.
c) Neighbours and Muslim world seems to show indiffernce towards Pakistan because the problem in Pakistan is due to its own making.

This is good news if indeed it is true. But has the government achieved the purpose of emergency?

Well i see something else Icy

Now i feel it was all to Promote BB with backing and support of ahem ahem you know na

More important than the world is our own people and their perception of Pakistan.
Average Pakistani wants an end to violance.

That is heartening to learn that not only the world, Indians but also the Pakistanis themselves want to stop the terrorists.

Pakistan always in Control in Jihadi's do u know PA, PN, PAF they all are Jehadis don't belive me ??? ask G.Musharaff :bounce: :bounce:

That is also a very interesting piece of information.

True that there maybe some elements who are pro TAliban and terrorists, but I wonder if they all are!

Perhaps he might be referring to the fact that "jihad" was never a dirty word until 911, and even now is not considered as such in the vast majority of the Muslim world. Jihad is not simply a "taking up of arms", its meaning is deeper, and by virtue of being primarily Muslim, the Pakistani army would be "Jihadis" - though Mujahideen would be a more apt word.

Jihadis/Jihadist seems to be a Western creation from what I can tell - and an easy way for the ill informed neocon "experts" to refer to violence committed by those who claim to be Muslims, and thereby associate the word with Islam for an equally uniformed public to come to fallacious conclusions.

Perhaps he might be referring to the fact that "jihad" was never a dirty word until 911, and even now is not considered as such in the vast majority of the Muslim world. Jihad is not simply a "taking up of arms", its meaning is deeper, and by virtue of being primarily Muslim, the Pakistani army would be "Jihadis" - though Mujahideen would be a more apt word.

Jihadis/Jihadist seems to be a Western creation from what I can tell - and an easy way for the ill informed neocon "experts" to refer to violence committed by those who claim to be Muslims, and thereby associate the word with Islam for an equally uniformed public to come to fallacious conclusions.

I've created a new thread called "What is Jihad?"
Lets discuss how the term's been highjacked by the west.

Link: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/8187-what-jihad.html

On second thoughts could he have meant that the motto of the PA is "Iman, Taqwa, Jihad fi Sabilillah"?

We are also ok with India if she stops killing her own people just to blam it on ISI.

BTW it is such a laughble to hear BJP trying to make US hear it over recent emergency in Pakistan.

What joke an Indian Party that had itself born out of an Emergency Imposed by Indian PM Indira Gandhi is crying about emergency in Pakistan.

:cheesy: Indeed Indian leaders are masters in ranting

As a journalist you should have known better the tricks they play with headlines to catch the eye.

This was basically to lampoon the lack of reaction from the Indian govt on the issue of democracy.

It is more of a lament of the newspaper that India is not that concerned with the 'murder of democracy' (as so many news channels and print media the worldwide would like to call this rather normal and not so unusual Emergency given the circumstances).

Like your reaction to the innocuous headline that, at best, is a journalistic skulduggery, the newspaper too expected such a reaction from the Indian govt of getting ballistic without quite having a good reason to do so!

It is expected of India, given the history of India and Pakistan, to go hammer and tongs, but instead India has shown restraint in her words about the Emergency and has been most muted, which has not been appreciated by this newspaper since it gave it very little to play about with and sensationalise as is the wont of the media.

Just collect all the posts by Bull during last one month and you will see it was not just on POST which led to his ban.
It was his record, his attitude, i see the same in you.

It is something Mods and Admins have to decide not YOU.
You have right to Advocate for BULL but Have NO right to decide who should be banned just because he was banned.
I never said you WILL be banned. I said you SHOULD be banned. Read before you type.

And i was not talking about the emergency but the BJP which was born out of that Emergency in India.

BTW Emergencies are to be lifted everywhere so there was nothing special about lifting of Indian emergency.
The fact that it was declared only once in India. What is hypocratic about BJP saying something about the emergency in Pakistan?

As far democracy well with over 80 percent of Indian Parliamentarians are said to be with Criminal Records so what is to be proud about having a Democracy with Criminals in the house.
I am sorry, but they are elected representatives. If Indians chose criminals then so be it, atleast criminals are not dictators in India.

This is the very same democracy that the world respects and the very same democracy against which Pakistan is always contrasted. Despite having earned freedom at the same time, democracy flourishes in India and Pakistan is still grappling with military rule/dictatorships/emergencies

As a journalist you should have known better the tricks they play with headlines to catch the eye.

This was basically to lampoon the lack of reaction from the Indian govt on the issue of democracy.

It is more of a lament of the newspaper that India is not that concerned with the 'murder of democracy' (as so many news channels and print media the worldwide would like to call this rather normal and not so unusual Emergency given the circumstances).

Like your reaction to the innocuous headline that, at best, is a journalistic skulduggery, the newspaper too expected such a reaction from the Indian govt of getting ballistic without quite having a good reason to do so!

It is expected of India, given the history of India and Pakistan, to go hammer and tongs, but instead India has shown restraint in her words about the Emergency and has been most muted, which has not been appreciated by this newspaper since it gave it very little to play about with and sensationalise as is the wont of the media.

:) i know sir.

And one more thing the Indian Government could not have gone hammer and tings about the imposition of Emergency in Pakistan and they did not which is wise thing as the same Emergency was Imposed in India by then Indian PM Indira Gandhi.
So they could not said anything about ours and it was wise of them and i was noticing you also did not unlike some unwise people from across who kept on ranting. So i was appreciative of you in this regard.

And guess what the idiots of BJP gone hammer and tongs in this regard which to me sounds amuzing.

And one more thing the Indian Government could not have gone hammer and tings about the imposition of Emergency in Pakistan and they did not which is wise thing as the same Emergency was Imposed in India by then Indian PM Indira Gandhi.
So they could not said anything about ours and it was wise of them and i was noticing you also did not unlike some unwise people from across who kept on ranting. So i was appreciative of you in this regard.

And guess what the idiots of BJP gone hammer and tongs in this regard which to me sounds amuzing.

Not quite.

Emergency by a civilian govt is has lesser sinister connotation than that by the Army. And more so, when the whole world seems to be of one opinion. I, of course, do not subscribe to the world opinion.

To go hammer and tongs if a govt wants, there are many ways to ensure that it does not tar and feather them.

Political parties of India are entitled to what they want. It does not reflect the Indian govt's opinion.

I do not support draconian methods, but in Musharraf's case, I find that he had no options.

Yes Jana the whole world thought that the Emergency in India was a disgrace and a blot but there were some notable things which took place after it that made India a better democracy and if the same happens after this emergency as I suspect it will then Pakistan will benefit in the long run.

1. The army remained apolitical during the emergency.
2. Mrs Gandhi got a drubbing in the elections and if the ex RAW Chief living in London (plays golf on Sundays) is to be believed she nearly sought asylum in Nepal.
3. No Govt. in India will ever declare emergency again.
4. The judiciary and the press became totally independant.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom