What's new

India offers Pakistan joint naval exercises

Status
Not open for further replies.
big Noooooooooooooooooooo absolutely why we should do joint exercises. its useless

well i think both navies dont have to be palsy-walsy but there are areas of convergence where collaboration between the 2 navies would enhance good neighbourly relations.

as a start.

1. joint patrolling of the EEZs, ensuring fishermen from both countries remain in their areas.
2. joint operations against smuggling and illegal immigration.
3. SAR missions.

How much you wanna bet this will turn into another contest? :D

Should be interesting. However once people sit and actually decide on the practicalities of the issue, the thing won't probably happen.

Pakistan's defensive Navy has nothing to gain other than reveal its defensive tactics it would employ in the coastal areas defence. India has nothing to gain other than revealing its tactics in overpowering PN's coastal defence.

There may not be war now or ever, but they will still keep preparing for any possible war against each other for a long time to come.

It wont be an all out mock war. It will mainly involve anti-piracy and smuggling.
For eg: an indian desroyer will spot a boat some 100 km away, a heli will be sent to scout and the info will be relayed to some fast attack boats. the PN boats will stop the smugglers. a joint indo-pak marine force will check the boat. stuff like that.

Maybe other maneuvers like a PN heli landing on an IN destroyer.

Just basic stuff.

so, it will be a good start.

it will really help both countries to understand each other i think its a right step if the pakistan accepts:pakistan::cheers:

Wait on it, let India de-escalate it's position in Afghanistan first.

thrilling news
what was the reaction of Pakistan?

It'll be a step forward in the peace process if pak accepts.

Yeah .. since marriage between 2 countries sportsmen is going to do nothing but co-operation among the 2 navies may achieve the peace.

I think they are interested in F-22p frigate and C-803.:devil:

Last time we had naval exercise together it was before 65 and PN sank some IN stuff in that exercise in Ceylon I think..... can some one vouch that

Peace is necessary..and definately such moves help the same.

But if i were Capt. Unni Krishnans father, Who witnessed his son being perished in a fight agaisnt an enemy who came through the waters where we qant such friendly excersises...how will i feel?

How will the families of 250 people feel that they have NOT yet got justice while we perform friendly excersises in the waters which beccame passage for the death of the loved ones?

Excersises are Welcome but This is NOT the Right Time.

On a Lighter NOTE...

Perhaps India wants a real Target for Brahmos to be Tested.

Peace is necessary..and definately such moves help the same.

But if i were Capt. Unni Krishnans father, Who witnessed his son being perished in a fight agaisnt an enemy who came through the waters where we qant such friendly excersises...how will i feel?

How will the families of 250 people feel that they have NOT yet got justice while we perform friendly excersises in the waters which beccame passage for the death of the loved ones?

Excersises are Welcome but This is NOT the Right Time.

On a Lighter NOTE...

Perhaps India wants a real Target for Brahmos to be Tested.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

How would this benefit the two countries militarily

They can tally what they see against what their intelligence has been feeding them.

or which country will be more benefited.

both as they can avoid over/under estimating the other's capability & enter a war with more realistic goals. This will be the long term goal unless they end up showing only glass bottomed boats to each other.

do we really need to keep up this juvenile finger pointing

Yes. If there is peace then what happens to fledgling MilInd complexes on both sides? I am afraid defence forces on both will lose all their charm if there is no rivalry.

So until we can move to a strong position wrt China, we should continue the Pakistan game.

PS You seem to be come from a idealist's spring, I hope a few days here remedies that situation.

Joint naval exercises between PN and IN ?????????? :blink::blink:

I hope that that day never arrives. Heaven help us if it does. Imagine having a PN Naval ship commander who thinks like Batman or Omar1984 and an IN Naval ship commander who thinks like Ashokathegreat. India and Pakistan will go to real war 20 minutes after the joint exercises begin :rofl::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom