What's new

India not to criminalise marital rape

FFS, could you please keep such BS out ot this thread? There is enough on topic BS as it is.

No, Indians' passports do not get cancelled for being muslims..
You are defending a practice India uses to oppress muslims and this is what shows the weakness of some muslims left there. Instead of taking the news seriously you are condemning me.

You are talking typically like a head nodding person for Hindutva leaders and this is what makes our people left there weak. The spirit and pride in Islam taken by the general muslim population in other parts has taken a setback. As muslims left in indian occupied parts there have been no contingencies and no understanding of what might happen to them as it happened in Gujarat.

Anyway I was pointing out the general problems either we had or other migrating families had.

Pickpocketing, greivous injury, cheating and impersonation, and murder are provable and evident. Marital rape is neither provable nor evident.

Since marriage constitutes Consent, Rape is not possible.

So since there is no legal rape, there cannot be a law making it criminal.
Please tell me where Indian law states that marriage is a consent to sex anytime, irrespective of the spouse's wish? That no matter what her emotional and physical state, she has to consent to sex? There is no such "contract" in any Indian marriage laws.

You are defending a practice India uses to oppress muslims and this is what shows the weakness of some muslims left there. Instead of taking the news seriously you are condemning me.

You are talking typically like a head nodding person for Hindutva leaders and this is what makes our people left there weak. The spirit and pride in Islam taken by the general muslim population in other parts has taken a setback. As muslims left in indian occupied parts there have been no contingencies and no understanding of what might happen to them as it happened in Gujarat.

Anyway I was pointing out the general problems either we had or other migrating families had.
Isn't there a thread about how a Hindu man isn't allowed to apply for visa or passport because there is no provision for Hindus in Pakistan to register their marriage in Pakistan?

Pickpocketing, greivous injury, cheating and impersonation, and murder are provable and evident. Marital rape is neither provable nor evident.
They won't let the stats to come in the way for their own skewed narrative. I asked @Koovie @levina @ayesha.a to give the stats none of them can provide it.

UN report says 75% of women face marital rape in India. And there is roughly 75% of arranged marriages in India. So the narrative they are trying to spin is that every Arranged marriage result in Marital rape is preposterous and down right disgusting.

I mentioned those crimes to make the point that despite not having statistics of those, we can still make laws against those. Please don't take statements out of context.

Then you should have no issue with criminalizing marital rape - it can't be proved anyway, right? The fact that it is difficult to prove is actually a point for, not against criminalizing it. I already explained earlier on the thread, that since proving marital rape is difficult, proving a false accusation of marital rape is even more difficult, and hence such a law is unlikely to be misused to frame an innocent husband.

Besides, there are many crimes that are difficult to prove - that doesn't mean that those crimes should be legalized. Young girls often endure harassment that is difficult to prove - like obscence comments or gestures. Many young girls (and boys) face sexual harassment even within their family - a relative groping her breasts is near impossible to prove in a court of law. Such acts are also not recorded on cameras. But that doesn't mean they should be legalized.

Long story short, if it is difficult to prove something, then there is no harm in having a law against it, if it is a criminal act.

It cannot be proved, but could be used as a weapon to settle scores in petty marital discord.

And it is not the case of difficult to prove,it is impossible to establish presence or absence of consent ,at both material and philosophical level, when two people are in long term sexual relationship.

This has been the core of logic behind not criminalizing marital sex, which is amply demonstrated by fact that India treats "Rape in marriage that occurred after filing for separation (not Divorced; couples are technically married)" as rape.

And no, just because marital rape is difficult to prove under normal "guilty until innocent" paradigm, it does not mean that it would be misused less. Experience from West has shown that close to all cases of marital rape are fake, and are filed to force favorable divorce settlement. In India too, this would become an epidemic and a tool to settle petty domestic grievance. That is what people mean when they give argument of destruction of marriage. Giving tool of marital rape to women means that petty domestic disputes would be dragged in court and would poison institution of marriage. Apart from that marital rape does not carry any stigma, and lack of perjury laws in India means that there would be no adverse fallout for women that accused her husband.

When you presents an argument that marital rape should be criminalized, even in face of the fact that there is practically no chance of establishing innocence or guilt, thus turning it into exclusively an harassment tool, you are condoning its misuse.

Should marital rape be criminalized? Sure, when we develop a "truth serum".

Edit: For the list of crimes you have posted, no judge would condemn an accused in absence of either video-graphic, eyewitness, or medical proof.

Last edited:
Looks like out Low IQ retard does not know the meaning of terms on which he wants to do point scoring.

Pinko is a colloquial for Leftists, Idiot @Koovie .

Oh, well I misunderstood that,I was thinking of the dress.

But in any way it still show me that you are the one who is not capable of independent thought:

Let me guess, you think I am leftists because I am from Kerala, yet you have NO PROOF (Show me ANY POST of me) whatsoever that I am a communist.

Funny thing is that you are not the first idiot here to blame me as a communist.

Now go and show me ONE SINGLE POST that shows that I am communist, or that I spread religious propaganda or whatever BS and I HAPPILY accept EVERY SINGLE CLAIM you made.

Otherwise you are the pathetic narrow minded moron here :)

Gonna be fun waiting for this one

I mentioned those crimes to make the point that despite not having statistics of those, we can still make laws against those. Please don't take statements out of context.
So according to you pick pocketing == marital rape?

They won't let the stats to come in the way for their own skewed narrative. I asked @Koovie @levina @ayesha.a to give the stats none of them can provide it.
I did not provide stats, because it was irrelevant. You don't need statistics to assert that something is a crime. If you want statistics, there are plenty available. Here, for starters:

India Law Journal

Now please stop repeating this idiotic canard about not providing you with statistics.

Point 1) Stats are available if you search.
Point 2) As explained to you several times, even if there were no statistics available, that doesnt mean that rape should be legalized.

If laws do not serve the purpose they are made for, what is the point in law making?

Isn't there a thread about how a Hindu man isn't allowed to apply for visa or passport because there is no provision for Hindus in Pakistan to register their marriage in Pakistan?

UN report says 75% of women face marital rape in India. And there is roughly 75% of arranged marriages in India. So the narrative they are trying to spin is that every Arranged marriage result in Marital rape is preposterous and down right disgusting.

Obviously, since there is no law against it (Thus, no proper investigations), its quite hard to get perfect statistics, so all we have in numbers are estimates (NOT guesses).

And if you criticize estimates from reputable sources try to bring in similarly sources to refute them.

UN comes out with all kinds of spurious stats with regards to India. Be it rape, poverty, slavery, child abuse, HIV/AIDS, etc etc. I do not think India gains anything by being part of UN. It is a bunch of Islamic and Christian countries club where the pagans will always be tried to be discredited. Either we get a veto in UN, or we exit UN.

Marital rape in narrow circumstances could be proven, and in those circumstance GoI has already declared marital rape as a crime.

Point 2) As explained to you several times, even if there were no statistics available, that doesnt mean that rape should be legalized.
Rape not being criminalized does not prove the converse is true. Just like me not being black, does not automatically prove that I am red.

I did not provide stats, because it was irrelevant. You don't need statistics to assert that something is a crime. If you want statistics, there are plenty available. Here, for starters:

India Law Journal

Now please stop repeating this idiotic canard about not providing you with statistics.

PRIYANKA RATH is a 5th year law student at Symbiosis Law School, Pune.

This is the detail about the author who wrote that article in that link. Quite convincing I must say.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom