What's new

India moves to end primary teaching in English as Modi unveils major education reforms

Then what are you whining about here boy; go eat some noodles.

PS: China's new pak friends also speak what you call "curry english"
I'm whining about your English education since I can't stand to hear "This" become "Dez".

:)
Sir have you started the PDF i shared yesterday. You being an educationist can get the essence better than us.

I reacted to it as a document by the damn' nutcases busy trying to undo whatever had been done in the previous 66 years, saving the 5 years and a bit that Vajpayee occupied.

Overall, as a document, it is surprisingly good. A detailed analysis has to be tomorrow; it is already dangerously late for me, once again, in spite of futile attempts at reform.

The part that I question is the part about initial education being in the mother tongue. This is a fanatic and partisan point of view. It is a fact that children learn multiple languages rapidly at an early age; they can stand the three-language formula at the outset, and settle down to a single language serving as a medium of instruction towards Class 8 or so, with maximal benefit. We already know that the RSS has put in major inputs; it has almost certainly been one of the strong influences on this step.

What will happen is that the poor and lower middle-classes will be subject to this regime, that will prevent them from getting all the plum jobs and the social cachet that knowledge of English provides. It will also eliminate for them the competitive edge that superior knowledge of English provides, and reduce the competition for those who drop out of the public school system operating according to these formulae and study in private schools that flout all the rules.

Well, at least I don't have such concerns since I work in a Chinese site of an American company, and my leaders are all Chinese. Why should I care about Curry English since I may work for another Chinese company after years?:disagree:

Then again, you may not.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

But there is worse to fear.

Suppose Chinese companies rapidly take over large numbers of American companies with large numbers of Indians working with them.......

I'm whining about your English education since I can't stand to hear "This" become "Dez".

His point about all South Asians having this problem is valid. But you are unlikely to encounter the others, so it gets to be the Curry English by default.

Learning English isn't a big deal, it hardly takes 6 month course of IELTS.
Can teach the basics in 6,7,8, grammar in 9th, 10, essays, analytical writing and spoken english in 11th and 12th. Just if we wish to keep teaching English.
But for God's sake, teach English as a language only.

Actually, in pedagogic terms, this is correct. It is just that this policy seems to be designed to be a discriminant.

His point about all South Asians having this problem is valid. But you are unlikely to encounter the others, so it gets to be the Curry English by default.
I know it is common for desi. You'd better improve the education quality, rather than to simply drop English class.

Nobody cares what you can or can't stand.
Go complain to uncle Pooh aka Eleven Jumping; maybe he might care.
Good luck boy.

Nobody cares what you can or can't stand.
Go complain to uncle Pooh aka Eleven Jumping; maybe he might care.
Good luck boy.
Well, not only I feel so, but the majority. Trolling doesn't solve this problem:disagree:

I reacted to it as a document by the damn' nutcases busy trying to undo whatever had been done in the previous 66 years, saving the 5 years and a bit that Vajpayee occupied.

Overall, as a document, it is surprisingly good. A detailed analysis has to be tomorrow; it is already dangerously late for me, once again, in spite of futile attempts at reform.

The part that I question is the part about initial education being in the mother tongue. This is a fanatic and partisan point of view. It is a fact that children learn multiple languages rapidly at an early age; they can stand the three-language formula at the outset, and settle down to a single language serving as a medium of instruction towards Class 8 or so, with maximal benefit. We already know that the RSS has put in major inputs; it has almost certainly been one of the strong influences on this step.

What will happen is that the poor and lower middle-classes will be subject to this regime, that will prevent them from getting all the plum jobs and the social cachet that knowledge of English provides. It will also eliminate for them the competitive edge that superior knowledge of English provides, and reduce the competition for those who drop out of the public school system operating according to these formulae and study in private schools that flout all the rules.
Almost a 500 page document, take your time.

Well, not only I feel so, but the majority.

Er, what majority? AFAIK, Indians are getting in everywhere. If this was such a major problem, they wouldn't be getting in everywhere. Or am I missing something somewhere? The majority thinks this is a problem, and the problem keeps growing?

You'd better improve the education quality

@itsanufy

That is code for get better teachers.

We should have been worrying about their pay, their career paths, their planned and steady improvement in personal deportment and bearing, their motivation and their capacity to teach. Instead, we jumped right into dealing with symbolism.

Typical of this government.

Headline management, no attempt at managing the reality of events that make the headlines.

Er, what majority? AFAIK, Indians are getting in everywhere. If this was such a major problem, they wouldn't be getting in everywhere. Or am I missing something somewhere? The majority thinks this is a problem, and the problem keeps growing?
As I have said, senior engineers can understand curry English, that's why I said it is a capability, but not everyone is a senior engineer. For those who have difficulty to understand curry English, we usually communicate with Indian coworkers via email, that's all:(.

Actually, in pedagogic terms, this is correct. It is just that this policy seems to be designed to be a discriminant.
We don't habe to care for their policy.
We have to design our own policy that will benifit our young minds and prepare them for new world.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom