What's new

India might place orders for Two Advance Kilo submarines with Russia

lol there are many pending orders specially from Russia to be finalized including s 400 because all the focus has been on rafales, tejas and chinook and apache buy from US

S400 may be for evaluation purposes. "If" I am reading the end game correctly, expect India Signing BECA. LSA and CISMOA. Culminating into deployment of THAAD.

S400 may be for evaluation purposes. "If" I am reading the end game correctly, expect India Signing BECA. LSA and CISMOA. Culminating into deployment of THAAD.

Prasun K Sengupta seems to have a firm opinion THAAD is on offer to India and IAF has more inclination towards it..

:o:
What ? evaluate S400 and order THAAD?

2 Kilos? Well there were recently 6 new hulls laid for construction of improved Kilos for the Russian Navy,but with Borei and Yansen getting the priority now, not all 6 are seeing progress. We might be buying 2 hulls.

Apart from this BMPs? Good, only because they will be manufactured here.

@PARIKRAMA dude if this is true any news about the scorpene follow on numbers??? are they going to reduce the number from 4 to 2 and gor for 2 kilo's or this is going to be a separate deal??

and its in the larger Geo-politcs and "strategic" partnerships, that are in motion, and India's Threat perception.

THAAD was offered to India in the 2011-13 duration, it wasn't rejected but stuck on because US wanted India to Sign on the three agreements. I have stated above.

Neither Barak-2 nor Barak-8, are meant to intercept inbound IRBMs or MRBMs or even TBMs. Performance of S-400&THAAD are diffeternt. Any LRTR (long-range tracking radar) can’t initiate accurate target tracking without precise early-warning inputs from space-based satellites equipped with IIR sensors. Especially in the Indian context, only maximum 5 minutes & minimum of 2 minutes warning time will be available even with the use of space-based satellites. THAAD is the obvious choice here. (PKS words, I'll second him)

Fact remains either Modi administration or the next one that comes to power will be "coaxed" into signing an *informal* alliance with BECA, CISMOA and LSA. such is the security environment in Asia changing. Come 2018, If Pakistan is able reign in the rodents it has. Everything west of Pakistan and east of Israel is being thrown into chaos. That is Nightmare Scenario.

Prasun K Sengupta seems to have a firm opinion THAAD is on offer to India and IAF has more inclination towards it..
yes an I read his point I second him, he couldn't have worded it any better. He is bang on with his assessments but reads future better than me.. and also his language skills are way better above a plagiarized part of his comment...

and one more point The agreements stuck because of the Russian hangup of the Congress more than the national security aspects, such hanguped Babus are still in the administration. So you will see Russian balancing and if Russia goes Kaput by 2016 end which its Foreign Minister said today, we will be firmly in the western camp. This time around choosing Non Aligned Bull*hit is not an option.

The Indian BMD programme is structured as a two-tiered system with Prithvi Air Defence (PAD) for high altitude interception and Advanced Air Defence (AAD) for low altitude interception. Developed to intercept incoming exo-atmospheric ballistic missiles, the PAD is a two-stage missile with a maximum interception altitude of 80 km.

Pradyumna, PAD has the capability to engage the 300 to 2,000 km class of ballistic missiles at speeds of Mach 5. LRTR,the target acquisition and fire control radar for the PAD missile, is an active phased array radar with capability to track 200 targets at a range of 600 km.

On March 6, 2009 DRDO, carried out a second successful test of the PAD interceptor missile. The target used was ship-launched Dhanush missile which followed the trajectory of a missile with a range of 1,500 km. The target was tracked by Swordfish LRTR radar and destroyed by the PAD at 75 km altitude.

After two successful interceptor missile tests, scientists were of the view that the AAD missile could be modified into a new extended range (150 km) Surface-to-Air Missile that could be possibly named as ‘Ashvin’.

The Indian system will cost less but the amount involved will be between Rs 50,000 crore to Rs 250,000 crore

AAD_missile.jpg

They are copies russian subs of Seventies and chher leaders are out to defend it.

Back
Top Bottom