What's new

India Meets Pakistan ... At a Fashion Show in New Delhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detaining a celebrity of the subcontinent and beyond for four hours...is normal for you.....I think you are too high to justify such a deliberate humiliating act.

I really don't see any sanity behind such events and mourn the thinking of the organisers. When things are to be decided by guns, carrying bouquet will just hurt and humiliate you. The wisdom is to act according to the situation.

This is a usual procedure Mr.
SRK was detained for hours in US airport for security checkup .A top celebrity in Bollywood .Compared to him this singer is not that popular.

Its like a tiny chicken tikka :P
1505569d1416515214-today-you-ate-imageuploadedbypw-forums1416515116.507323.jpg
bhai gujjar ho kya?

No .

Are kashmiri shaikhs ethnic Kashmiris ? Because the link says they are punjabi hindu converts ?

The link doesnot give additional details,kashmiri sheikhs are pundits who converted to Islam in the valley its like a title

@Abu Namr bhai kia post kar rahay ho yahan US walay thread pay karo na jo bhe karna hay :P

@Abu Namr bhai kia post kar rahay ho yahan US walay thread pay karo na jo bhe karna hay :P

India and Pakistan have a very bizarre relationship.
I am a Kashmiri Sheikh
Kashmiri Shaikh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But my nanka is Gujjar :P
Kashmiri Shaikh (Urdu: کشمیری شيخ ‎) mainly live in Kashmir regions of Pakistan and India. The Kashmiri Shaikhs are considered to be a clan of Punjabi Muslims of Kashmiri origin found predominantly in Pakistan Punjab and also in India.

After the advent of [Islam] into Afghanistan and South Asia, a significant number of Hindu Brahmins and Kshatriya's converted to Islam and adopted the title of Shaikh. In Punjab, they are known as Kashmiri Shaikh. The Kashmiri Shaikhs are mostly urban and some are involved in agriculture.

“ 'According to the census return the number of Kashmiri Musulmans, who make up 60% of the inhabitants of the Jhelum valley, was 765,442. They are no doubt mostly descendants of various Hindu castes, perhaps in the main of Hill Brahmans , but Islam has wiped out all tribal distinctions.[1]
“ 'The Hindu Kashmiri Pandits numbered 55,276.[2]
No .

Are kashmiri shaikhs ethnic Kashmiris ? Because the link says they are punjabi hindu converts ?

I really want to post images here but due to the presence of angry trolls i just have to not do what i want to :P
On threads like this i kind of miss @doppelganger :'(
@jamahir

I really want to post images here but due to the presence of angry trolls i just have to not do what i want to :P
@jamahir

Kashmiri Shaikh (Urdu: کشمیری شيخ ‎) mainly live in Kashmir regions of Pakistan and India. The Kashmiri Shaikhs are considered to be a clan of Punjabi Muslims of Kashmiri origin found predominantly in Pakistan Punjab and also in India.

After the advent of [Islam] into Afghanistan and South Asia, a significant number of Hindu Brahmins and Kshatriya's converted to Islam and adopted the title of Shaikh. In Punjab, they are known as Kashmiri Shaikh. The Kashmiri Shaikhs are mostly urban and some are involved in agriculture.

“ 'According to the census return the number of Kashmiri Musulmans, who make up 60% of the inhabitants of the Jhelum valley, was 765,442. They are no doubt mostly descendants of various Hindu castes, perhaps in the main of Hill Brahmans , but Islam has wiped out all tribal distinctions.[1]
“ 'The Hindu Kashmiri Pandits numbered 55,276.[2]
Sheikhs in Punjab are migrant Kashmiris just like butts,loon,dar and mirs

I am from Mirpur Azad Kashmir btw :P

@jamahir

@jamahir

Sheikhs in Punjab are migrant Kashmiris just like butts,loon,dar and mirs

Do you guys still follow jathera where you worship your ancestor.

Punjabi folk religion refers to the beliefs and practices strictly indigenous to the Punjabi people, of the Punjab region including ancestral worship, worship of indigenous gods, and local festivals. There are many shrines in Punjabi folk religion which represents the folk religion of the Punjab region which is a discourse between different organised religions.[1] These shrines represent inter-communal dialogue and a distinct form of cultural practice of saint veneration.[2]

Punjabi folk religion refers to the beliefs and practices strictly indigenous to the Punjabi people, of the Punjab region including ancestral worship, worship of indigenous gods, and local festivals. There are many shrines in Punjabi folk religion which represents the folk religion of the Punjab region which is a discourse between different organised religions.[1] These shrines represent inter-communal dialogue and a distinct form of cultural practice of saint veneration.[2]
Wo first time i heard of ancestor worship @Abu Namr ey ki hunda ey?

Wo first time i heard of ancestor worship @Abu Namr ey ki hunda ey?

I dont know it must be a sikh or hindu thing i have never heard anything like this among muslim or christian punjabis in pakistan

I dont know it must be a sikh or hindu thing i have never heard anything like this among muslim or christian punjabis in pakistan

The link doesnot give additional details,kashmiri sheikhs are pundits who converted to Islam in the valley its like a title

Shaikh abdullah was the the descendant of kaul pandit who converted in 1890.

Pakistani fashion industry produces good salwar kameez. Many of them are popular among women in Delhi. But I highly doubt if they have any jeans, skirt, dresses (which is more common in Delhi now) collections in their fashion shows,considering how it is looked down in their country and considered to be western. From business point of view just salwar kameez won't attract many buyers in Delhi

Yeah sure ... We also live in cave and do stuff...

On topic ; I hope ppl don't steal their stuff like the last time..:D
yes. same is the case with saudi arabia. Are women allowed to drive in pakistan?
No .. They are allowed to fly fighter jets,airliners, become generals n prime ministers though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom