What's new

India may transfer some Migs to Srilanka: Source

Published January 14, 2016
SOURCE: IDRW NEWS NETWORK (INN)

33wxyjd.jpg

After transferring Mi-25 Attack Gunships to Afghanistan on request of Afghan President recently, India is deliberating if a Srilankan request to provide fighter jets for their air force can be taken up after India forced Srilanka to reconsider their decision on making the purchase of Sino-Pakistan developed JF-17 fighter jets.

Well, informed Sources in air force close to idrw.org have informed us that instead of offering Homegrown LCA-Tejas to Srilanka, IAF may transfer some of Upgraded Mig-27 along with Spares to Srilankan Air force at FOC ( Free of Cost).

Srilankan Air force already operates Mig-27 purchased from Ukraine and Russia in past and HAL/IAF have helped train Pilots/Aircrew while Srilankan Military was on offensive against LTTE, Mig-27s along with Kfir fighter jets played crucial roles in Bombing LTTE targets in the last phase of the Civil war.

Indian Air forces already have plans to retire older un-upgraded Mig-27s from its fleet this year on wards and also have plans to phase out upgraded Mig-27s by 2019 along with Mig-21s.
Bad choice Sri Lanka, all of these Migs will crash by 2017.

Too much disappointed in Srilanka, we supported them through thick and thin, gave them everything to fight LTTE and eventually defeat them, and this is how they repay us ?

No worries, we never forget betrayals.

Disappointment in more perceived in Pak than Srilank. lo

That's when our LCA will be available for exports. Don't worry we have planned it perfectly.
and you think LCA is going to be a sucessfull project? Do you want me to remind you about Arjun MBT, Insas and so much more?

and you think LCA is going to be a sucessfull project? Do you want me to remind you about Arjun MBT, Insas and so much more?
What's wrong with the Arjun or INSAS? Both are in service. The INSAS is disparaged widely but it is perhaps one of the most succesful rifles in histroy with over 2 million units made to date and still going strong more than 2 decades later.

And please don't give me links to issues that were rectified over 15 years ago (oil leaks and cracked magazines). This issue has been discussed to death, anyone that considers the INSAS a failure is a total moron.

I am curious about whether any Sri Lankans still remember who were backing them when they were finishing up the war against LTTE and who is still accusing them about this war.

I am curious about whether any Sri Lankans still remember who were backing them when they were finishing up the war against LTTE and who is still accusing them about this war.

Don't know why you back up JeM ?

Doesn't matter. It's their country, better luck next time to team Pakistan, we are not a tyrannical power to give such low blows, just for the sale of a piece of equipment.
Remember, Sri Lanka is a customer, a customer cannot be forced.

G
So ya.... if India transfers them then JF-17's deal is off... Lanka has to use them till Tejas is ready to be exported
It i blessing and disguise well lanka got chance to make its airforce with reliable multi mission jet like thunder

Mig 27 which IAF transfer are Fatigue cant run as new what one could one do

And message to india plz send some mig 27 to nigeria and some SU 30 to malaysia we want our friends benefit from our enemy

Malaysia wont be happy with migs

Published January 14, 2016
SOURCE: IDRW NEWS NETWORK (INN)

33wxyjd.jpg

After transferring Mi-25 Attack Gunships to Afghanistan on request of Afghan President recently, India is deliberating if a Srilankan request to provide fighter jets for their air force can be taken up after India forced Srilanka to reconsider their decision on making the purchase of Sino-Pakistan developed JF-17 fighter jets.

Well, informed Sources in air force close to idrw.org have informed us that instead of offering Homegrown LCA-Tejas to Srilanka, IAF may transfer some of Upgraded Mig-27 along with Spares to Srilankan Air force at FOC ( Free of Cost).

Srilankan Air force already operates Mig-27 purchased from Ukraine and Russia in past and HAL/IAF have helped train Pilots/Aircrew while Srilankan Military was on offensive against LTTE, Mig-27s along with Kfir fighter jets played crucial roles in Bombing LTTE targets in the last phase of the Civil war.

Indian Air forces already have plans to retire older un-upgraded Mig-27s from its fleet this year on wards and also have plans to phase out upgraded Mig-27s by 2019 along with Mig-21s.

One things clear Sri Lanka was considering JF-17 seriously.

By the same logic I would say I wonder whether Sri Lankans remember the country who sent a peace keeping force to intervene in their civil war and lost over a thousand of its warriors in the process.

There are no permenant friends in international relations, only permenant interests- it makes no sense to bring in nostalgia or emotions.

Doesn't matter. It's their country, better luck next time to team Pakistan, we are not a tyrannical power to give such low blows, just for the sale of a piece of equipment.
Remember, Sri Lanka is a customer, a customer cannot be forced.

Rightly said. If we keep ourselves in their shoe than we can even understand their actions better.

One more thing we have to remember, JF-17 means Chinese involvement too and It's not only India who doesn't want Chinese presence in Srilanka. Cost benefit analysis of what they get with JF-17 and what it cost to them indirectly should also need to be consider.

Rightnow delaying all this is in their national interest. They can choose things latter. They have enough time to know what's they have in their plate from both blocks and they can do things as per their own interest.

It's just my point of view.

Back
Top Bottom