What's new

'India may have competitive edge over China'

If economy could have been so easy to predicted then the RAND authors themselves wouldn't been doing predictions for you but sulking in wine some where at their own private island.

We will see how India's private enterprises will survive in future. So far so good.

Hardly. We have been lucky. Red tape, corruption, lack of "energy" resources, lack of funding in primary education, not enough money for physical infrastructure, antiquated "laws" (including labor)..all these are India's Achilles heel. This attitude of "things will take care of themselves" is what will come to bite India in near future.

Give us a break china is already the dominant power in asia. i accept that in due course India may rise to the challenge but not at the moment

This is exactly what China is worried about !

retard i was on topic. I was responding to someone who was quoting the article.

Reported. Obviously you get a free card for being Pakistani. Stick to topic or get out.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Give us a break china is already the dominant power in asia. i accept that in due course India may rise to the challenge but not at the moment

Keep your "musings" coming. Man needs his fun.

What truly pisses "China" off is that India is next door. China will never be a dominant Asian power for that simple reason. Another reason to show "disdain" towards India. Indian can have 1/6th of Chinese GDP and yet can spoil the game.

LOL, nobody is worried about that.

The true power in Asia (and the world), is the USA.

India is not even yet a great power, let alone a major player in the Asia-Pacific region.

LOL, nobody is worried about that.

The true power in Asia (and the world), is the USA.

India is not even yet a great power, let alone a great power in the Asia-Pacific region.

India being a nobody is irrelevant. China cannot browbeat India or Japan and they are both sitting next to it. That surely makes things...difficult. Brazil on the other hand doesn't matter because it is far even though it has bigger GDP. Proximity matters a lot.

India being a nobody is irrelevant. China cannot browbeat India or Japan and they are both sitting next to it. That surely makes things...difficult. Brazil on the other hand doesn't matter because it is far even though it has bigger GDP. Proximity matters a lot.

Actually, Japan is a great power.

Actually, Japan is a great power.

So you say. Extending that logic, Germany is/was a great power. Just ask average European about this great power. Your "power" has no meaning if you cannot wield it.

Reality is that you cannot be a superpower if you cannot even "pacify" your own neighborhood and China has bad neighborhood. Europeans fought each for ever and finally when they put aside wars, they rose as world power. US/USSR never even had that kind of challenge.

Strange, no one is mentioning Indian democracy, that should be the biggest edge India has over China.

Strange, no one is mentioning Indian democracy, that should be the biggest edge India has over China.

No Chinese is mentioning high IQ either ! How did Indians even think of having edge over China ??!!

No Chinese is mentioning high IQ either ! How did Indians even think of having edge over China ??!!

You are moving the argument sideways. No one has mentioned anything about intelligence being the deciding factor while the report clearly says Indian democracy IS an asset.

You are moving the argument sideways. No one has mentioned anything about intelligence being the deciding factor while the report clearly says Indian democracy IS an asset.

I was replying to BigTree.CN's post. He tried to score with sarcasm !

And then the RAND report tried to score with sarcasm.

After all the report is what we are discussing no?

Of course its the REPORT! Speculation based on extrapolation of present day scenarios considering 5, 10, 15 years down the lane conditions will remain similar. I would NOT bet on THAT.

No one foresaw the Arab Spring revolutions' spread like a wild forest fire leaving in its path the smoldering remains of dictatorships, the latest being Libya! Who knows what will happen with authoritarian regimes elsewhere. 15 years, IMHO, is a very long time for speculations.

Back
Top Bottom