What's new

'India may have competitive edge over China'

I think same thing takes place in China. In corruption cases, no one arrests the CEO of some big corporation. Almost always, some small time public officer gets prosecuted. I could be wrong though.

JDME please tell me how this comment of yours relates to the thread. As I was saying at this moment in time time india is not in the same league as china

I think same thing takes place in China. In corruption cases, no one arrests the CEO of some big corporation. Almost always, some small time public officer gets prosecuted. I could be wrong though.

That is true, the government feels more comfortable shooting corrupt official than prosecuting the business class.

But Brand Anna feels astro-turfed to me. There's a lot of pent anger over the spat of big corruption case. That anger has to go somewhere and right now it is directed at the government.

That is true, the government feels more comfortable shooting corrupt official than prosecuting the business class.

But Brand Anna feels astro-turfed to me. There's a lot of pent anger over the spat of big corruption case. That anger has to go somewhere and right now it is directed at the government.

Well I consider it a start. Afterall government is nothing more than sum of people. If government corruption can be be cut even by 30%, that will be a huge boon for Indian people. Ofcourse, you cannot go after corporations like that. For that you will have strengthen consumer laws and make all government dealings more transparent.

May be the article was not translated. It may be found within China, who knows. Rediff.com wouldn't have 'constructed' the story

its indians, they can 'construct' anything as long as can be used for mentalmasturbation``

guess from some private blogs as usual? but the figures and annual reports from PCT, WIPO, thomson rueters and WEF shows totally opposite that inida lies at the bottom of either technology quantity and quality of any major players```and saidly sometime cant even find a position for India`

It's from the Top US think tank RAND Corporation

The study, “China and India, 2025: A Comparative Assessment,” was co-authored by Charles Wolf, Jr., Siddhartha Dalal, Julie DaVanzo, Eric V. Larson and Harun Dogo, all of RAND; Alisher R. Akhmedjonov, assistant professor in the economics department of Zirve University in Turkey; and Sylvia Montoya and Meilinda Huang, formerly of RAND.

China and India, 2025: A Comparative Assessment | RAND

China is miles ahead in Education and Health care that is what is made clear from this report and that is the sectors we need to catch up on and invest more into.

So your arguments boils down to China will collapse politically and that India is bold.

Again, you seem to have a very very narrow analytic spectrum. I am not surprised. The variables go both ways. And thats why I repeat - speculations mean squat!

At least India is free. Their leaders do not have hostages in the US or UK, but our leadership has multiple hostages in the US and UK.

I mean this is not something we haven't heard before from people here. Usually carried with it a double dose of schadenfreude and seething hatred.

If you feel that this is hatred against China, you are mistaken. Give me one valid reason why I should hate China…one valid reason. The whole argument of breakups and Arab springs was started by below freezing….Expect the counter arguments.

Again, you seem to have a very very narrow analytic spectrum. I am not surprised. The variables go both ways. And thats why I repeat - speculations mean squat!

So there is no merit in any predictive reports? (hard to do economic planning without them you know) or more simply they are meritless when you don't like their conclusions?

LOL, check the forum history.

You Indians were so excited during the actual Arab revolutions, and you were SO sure that it would happen in China too. What happened? :azn:

Anyway, a change in government is not really a big deal. Egypt is still Egypt, Tunisia is still Tunisia. None of these countries collapsed.

And throughout all of our many revolutions in history, China has always been China.

For true Schadenfraude, you guys should probably continue to hope for your rivals to "totally collapse", even while India gets eaten from the inside by its own terrorists.

I agree with your argument strongly that China is not CPC and I suggest that this has to be remembered by you rather than by Indians. Most Chinese just mix China and CPC, Allegiance to China is one thing and allegiance to CPC is another

I agree with your argument strongly that China is not CPC and I suggest that this has to be remembered by you rather than by Indians. Most Chinese just mix China and CPC, Allegiance to China is one thing and allegiance to CPC is another

Holy fck another idiot who thinks he knows China and Chinese people better than themselves.

That doesn't mean that India won't break up like the Soviet Union. This has nothing to do with China.

Nope in China there are 80000 protests every year, you cite that as evidence all the time and say we are going to break up like the Soviet Union but the only fact is, that the country has been stable as a rock and it is India where terrorists kill hundreds at once, not China.

Arab springs are indeed caused by corruption and inflation. There's not going to be an Arab spring in Singapore or Kuwait, but there's an Arab Spring going on in India as we speak. Operation Blue Star too, we don't have that in China.

In China, 1 protestor can stop a multibillion dollar subway line. In India, they'll be bulldozed.

Protests planned in Nanjing as historic trees are cleared for subway | China News Watch | Latest Hong Kong, China & World News | SCMP.com

India razes slums, leaves poor homeless - CNN

That's right, nothing is more sarcosanct than human rights and democracy.

Indians need freedom more than anything else.

Freedom from hunger, poverty, and terror.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | 'Hunger critical' in South Asia

The report said India contributed to about 5.6 million child deaths per year, more than half the world's total.

Hunger, poverty, terror = SUDAN. Breaking up like the Soviet Union is inevitable. Republic of India, 1947-2020?

Now don’t say one protester in China can stop some multibillion dollar project. I have been China and can say that every time I go things change dramatically. Unless everything is centrally planned, things cannot changes so fast and so drastic

Yes, I agree, in China a lot of strikes by labour unions go; however, there is a lot difference in strikes by labour unions demanding wages and protest against the government.

I am not saying India is developed. Yes we have problems. There is the poverty, illiteracy and many more, but the government is working on them. Just remember China 20 years back; however, the problems of China are of different nature and more serious and cannot be worked upon.

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Holy fck another idiot who thinks he knows China and Chinese people better than themselves.

Holy Phuck...the idiot is not me but one of your own compatriot. I am just agreeing with him

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

That doesn't mean that India won't break up like the Soviet Union. This has nothing to do with China.

Yes, but why visualize only India’s break up. Why not also visualize China’s breakup. After all this China vs. India thread

Now don’t say one protester in China can stop some multibillion dollar project. I have been China and can say that every time I go things change dramatically. Unless everything is centrally planned, things cannot changes so fast and so drastic

Yes, I agree, in China a lot of strikes by labour unions go; however, there is a lot difference in strikes by labour unions demanding wages and protest against the government.

I am not saying India is developed. Yes we have problems. There is the poverty, illiteracy and many more, but the government is working on them. Just remember China 20 years back; however, the problems of China are of different nature and more serious and cannot be worked upon.

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Holy Phuck...the idiot is not me but one of your own compatriot. I am just agreeing with him

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

Yes, but why visualize only India’s break up. Why not also visualize China’s breakup. After all this China vs. India thread

:lol:

China won't suffer a breakup. At worst, we'll have a military coup. The Han majority controls the army and can militarily crush any minority uprisings. What about India, where different states have different languages and there are multiple armed uprisings? Where the army is composed of multiple different races?

China 20 years back was superior to India TODAY in many ways, including literacy and nutrition.

The issues of China being worse than India? India starves millions of people to death per year. What could possibly be more severe than such a holocaust of the poor?

Back
Top Bottom