What's new

India may award Chinook and Apache contracts this year

What about defence then??
you are being childish now.
What about defence when those machines will become DUD because of sanctions? We know US' track record don't we? Only fail safe method is to either purchase them from a dependable source or manufacture them in-house.

Do you really believe that a country which refuses military drill in Arunachal with us will support us during Indo-China war? I am sure that these procurement are China centric. And I believe my contentions are genuine.

What about defence when those machines will become DUD because of sanctions? We know US' track record don't we? Only fail safe method is to either purchase them from a dependable source or manufacture them in-house.

Do you really believe that a country which refuses military drill in Arunachal with us will support us during Indo-China war? I am sure that these procurement are China centric. And I believe my contentions are genuine.
First explain to me why America will put sanctions on us.

For the same reason it refused to participate in a military drill in Arunachal Pradesh. For the same reason it strip searched our diplomat. For the same reason it was involved in supplying weapons to ULFA (Chittagong arms haul). For the same reason it has refused to discuss China with us lately. For the same reason it tried to corner us on Afghanistan.

First and foremost a 22 helo deal means nothing for a war situation. Understand that for a war perspective, AH64Ds needed would be in the range of 120-150 for a proper performance jugglery with local Dhruv and LCH totaling some 400 helos. Do we have that the answer is NO. Are helos only for mountain warfare? Again No. Is the economic sense of setting up a line or allied industries good for order of 22? No... Order of 100+? YES of course

Do not link every thing to china and then gauge whats there in that pocket vs whats in my pocket.

ATM we cannot engage CHINA. Thats the truth. Gulp it, digest it. We can only think of strengthening our assets with more variety of equipment and look for a more deterrance posture. AH 64D is also towards that only. At least as of now. So are the chintooks.

We should come out of always thinking china mentality. Do not have narrowed vision my friend. operating such tech advance helos would mean first hand understanding of how certain sub parts can help our own helos made in india completely like LCH or Dhruv which can have some tech feedback over time.

Lastly don think of sanction by US. Its not gonna happen. The prospective biz opportunities along with existing ones will see the def lobby putting immense pressure on any administration which thinks of jeopardizing the ties. any contratc cancellation on non awarding not just means revenue loss, but back home employment loss also which is far more sentimental in US then any other place as of now. No US president would afford a direct sanction or hit at any time.

And NO WAR IS GOING TO HAPPEN BETWEEN INDIA AND CHINA. both are responsible states. Even if we have difference, nobody would go out of the way to destroy and make a mockery for the earths largest populations

First and foremost a 22 helo deal means nothing for a war situation. Understand that for a war perspective, AH64Ds needed would be in the range of 120-150 for a proper performance jugglery with local Dhruv and LCH totaling some 400 helos. Do we have that the answer is NO. Are helos only for mountain warfare? Again No. Is the economic sense of setting up a line or allied industries good for order of 22? No... Order of 100+? YES of course

Do not link every thing to china and then gauge whats there in that pocket vs whats in my pocket.

ATM we cannot engage CHINA. Thats the truth. Gulp it, digest it. We can only think of strengthening our assets with more variety of equipment and look for a more deterrance posture. AH 64D is also towards that only. At least as of now. So are the chintooks.

We should come out of always thinking china mentality. Do not have narrowed vision my friend. operating such tech advance helos would mean first hand understanding of how certain sub parts can help our own helos made in india completely like LCH or Dhruv which can have some tech feedback over time.

Lastly don think of sanction by US. Its not gonna happen. The prospective biz opportunities along with existing ones will see the def lobby putting immense pressure on any administration which thinks of jeopardizing the ties. any contratc cancellation on non awarding not just means revenue loss, but back home employment loss also which is far more sentimental in US then any other place as of now. No US president would afford a direct sanction or hit at any time.

And NO WAR IS GOING TO HAPPEN BETWEEN INDIA AND CHINA. both are responsible states. Even if we have difference, nobody would go out of the way to destroy and make a mockery for the earths largest populations

1. If it means nothing then let us scrap the deal and save a few millions.
2. If this procurement is all about deterrence then China must have been laughing at us. Kargil war taught us how vulnerable these Helos are in mountains. Even US did not use them against high value target in Iraq due to high attrition.
3. Saying that operating these hitech hellos will benefit us in knowledge building doesn't make sense. Don't we know our terrain? Don't we know our specific requirements?

I think most of the defense deals were signed as a token of "Indo-US" friendship. Again doesn't make any sense at all. Only good procurement was that of the anti-sub aircraft, but even it's effectiveness is under serious doubt.

as for ULFA paresh barua, may i remind you that he procured his arms and training camps mostly via Bangladesh and Rangoon route. So lets first engage in our borders proper mechanism to ensure infiltration does not happen

Arunachal Pradesh, lol.. lets first ask our own government to do things for the state. I am from Assam so i can tell you more than anything it is our own central government which has neglected north east more than anything. Anybody else refusing or taking postures is irrelevant for us

as for ULFA paresh barua, may i remind you that he procured his arms and training camps mostly via Bangladesh and Rangoon route. So lets first engage in our borders proper mechanism to ensure infiltration does not happen

Arunachal Pradesh, lol.. lets first ask our own government to do things for the state. I am from Assam so i can tell you more than anything it is our own central government which has neglected north east more than anything. Anybody else refusing or taking postures is irrelevant for us

We must not use our government's weakness to shield the US. Our domestic problems will be solved domestically. Let us talk about our government wasting money on procurement of DUDs from the US.

US' hands in weapons supply to ULFA is not something worth ignoring.

We must not use our government's weakness to shield the US. Our domestic problems will be solved domestically. Let us talk about our government wasting money on procurement of DUDs from the US.

US' hands in weapons supply to ULFA is not something worth ignoring.

My Dear it has always been stated that arming by US is done via CIA and its shadow allied agencies. Now strategically what is it that US will gain via ULFA. ULFA has always insisted on an ridiculous claim of an independent ASOM not even a statehood, directly a country. Why they did that? it was bcz in late 1980s and early 1990s Assam was at its shambolic worst part. There was a migration of massive bangladeshi population coming from Bangladesh from 1971s onwards to maximum coming in 1980s. What was a little refugee issue became a proper population moving. The bangladeshi ppl were hard working who quickly started working for odd jobs and became the new blue collared workforce in assam particularly in the district of nagoan. Sensing the opportunity all our domestic political parties in ASSAM be it INC or AGP directly indirectly recognised them as legitimate citizens of the country via asylum route.

Doing this, the Assamese people who were already left by the low timid response of central government for aid and development in one side and the blue collar workforce in another side were hit to the very core. The youth neither had any education nor any scope of employment in future. That is how ULFA came into the so called power when disgruntled youth were recruited and paid RS 5000 Salary way back in early 1990s where our jawans were drawing much less than that. The hordes of village youth left villages to join this so called terrorist organisation in lieu of money and so called social security which Government of India failed to provide. The result: the same ULFA started Kidnapping North Indian (marwaris), blasting oil pipelines, Kidnapping, ransom, sabotage etc etc . This continued till the society of Assam grew tired of this mess and started boycotting them. That was the time when Paresh Barua and his henchman moved to bangladesh and had setup camps there along with training camps near rangoon. Fast forwarding over time, every assamese person hates the fact that ULFA was ever born in Assam. It not only destabilized an already oppressed state, it also made the whole whatever little infrastructure it had also turned to shambles. Ask OIL india and ONGC how much they lost with all such blowouts of pipelines or business minded marwari community who fled or north indian ppl who refused to come to assam fearing kidnapping or killing. The coal market of Duliajan or the oil fields of Digboi all suffered a lot which led the overall assam to be backlogged by over 25 years in development as compared to other states of this country.

Now if i understand looking at this story, what does CIA gains?
India by itself is an oil importer so doing damage to assam does not change the fact that its importing will not go up dis proportionally so high as already at that time the national companies production was very low

Divided Nation strategy: Nope. It does not work any well for CIA as Assam was insignificant to them

You see most of this CIA was just a diversion. Thats why i have said before

1. We should stop becoming a fool by always thinking about China and comparing ourselves with China. China is well ahead of us and we should accept that realistically.
2. the whole CIA and US thing and North east smuggling of arms is a top notch lie concocted by our politicos or people with vested interests.

Back to the topic: AH64D and heavy lift chintooks is needed by our country. does not matter from US we are procuring. We are needy and we have money. So we are getting it. The rest all things and stories of China/CIA etc are just normal things which you my friend should ignore. No war is going to happen between economic powerhouses except in trade,commerce and energy thats called competition.

I rest my case with this . Thanks for patiently reading

This being India, I expect that Follow on orders will follow for both Apaches and the Chinooks, though maybe not by IAF but by Army
I expect total Apache fleet to rise to 40+ and Chinooks to 25+

My Dear it has always been stated that arming by US is done via CIA and its shadow allied agencies. Now strategically what is it that US will gain via ULFA. ULFA has always insisted on an ridiculous claim of an independent ASOM not even a statehood, directly a country. Why they did that? it was bcz in late 1980s and early 1990s Assam was at its shambolic worst part. There was a migration of massive bangladeshi population coming from Bangladesh from 1971s onwards to maximum coming in 1980s. What was a little refugee issue became a proper population moving. The bangladeshi ppl were hard working who quickly started working for odd jobs and became the new blue collared workforce in assam particularly in the district of nagoan. Sensing the opportunity all our domestic political parties in ASSAM be it INC or AGP directly indirectly recognised them as legitimate citizens of the country via asylum route.

Doing this, the Assamese people who were already left by the low timid response of central government for aid and development in one side and the blue collar workforce in another side were hit to the very core. The youth neither had any education nor any scope of employment in future. That is how ULFA came into the so called power when disgruntled youth were recruited and paid RS 5000 Salary way back in early 1990s where our jawans were drawing much less than that. The hordes of village youth left villages to join this so called terrorist organisation in lieu of money and so called social security which Government of India failed to provide. The result: the same ULFA started Kidnapping North Indian (marwaris), blasting oil pipelines, Kidnapping, ransom, sabotage etc etc . This continued till the society of Assam grew tired of this mess and started boycotting them. That was the time when Paresh Barua and his henchman moved to bangladesh and had setup camps there along with training camps near rangoon. Fast forwarding over time, every assamese person hates the fact that ULFA was ever born in Assam. It not only destabilized an already oppressed state, it also made the whole whatever little infrastructure it had also turned to shambles. Ask OIL india and ONGC how much they lost with all such blowouts of pipelines or business minded marwari community who fled or north indian ppl who refused to come to assam fearing kidnapping or killing. The coal market of Duliajan or the oil fields of Digboi all suffered a lot which led the overall assam to be backlogged by over 25 years in development as compared to other states of this country.

Now if i understand looking at this story, what does CIA gains?
India by itself is an oil importer so doing damage to assam does not change the fact that its importing will not go up dis proportionally so high as already at that time the national companies production was very low

Divided Nation strategy: Nope. It does not work any well for CIA as Assam was insignificant to them

You see most of this CIA was just a diversion. Thats why i have said before

1. We should stop becoming a fool by always thinking about China and comparing ourselves with China. China is well ahead of us and we should accept that realistically.
2. the whole CIA and US thing and North east smuggling of arms is a top notch lie concocted by our politicos or people with vested interests.

Back to the topic: AH64D and heavy lift chintooks is needed by our country. does not matter from US we are procuring. We are needy and we have money. So we are getting it. The rest all things and stories of China/CIA etc are just normal things which you my friend should ignore. No war is going to happen between economic powerhouses except in trade,commerce and energy thats called competition.

I rest my case with this . Thanks for patiently reading

Are you an applicant of H1B visa by any chance? I am asking this because you seem too eager to go to any length to defend US even if that requires slandering our political system.

If every Indian soldier decides not to defend our border just because our politicians are corrupt our nation will not exist for a single day and US will not come to our help.

BTW, the arms haul really happened and more than 10 people have been given death sentence in the case, I am sure that they will hang soon. US ambassador to Bangladesh's communication with the conspirators has been intercepted and confirmed.

Please use the correct flag, your loyalty is suspect.

Last edited:

What America did to Iran, America can do to any country, including India. America only cares for its national interest. Any of its allies can be thrown under the bus within a moment's notice.

What America did to Iran, America can do to any country, including India. America only cares for its national interest. Any of its allies can be thrown under the bus within a moment's notice.
Yeah America only cares for its interests and its interest is to pitch India against China.

Yeah America only cares for its interests and its interest is to pitch India against China.

And we better not fall into this trap. US will not fight our war, but US will make a lot of money by selling us weapons. 9 billion USD and counting.......

What amazes me is that certain Indians go out of the way to defend US even if the matter under discussion is subversive activities against the Indian state. We have seen how fragile this US-India relation is. Major reason being that the words "Ally" and "Friend" translate into "Slave" in US dictionary.

And we better not fall into this trap. US will not fight our war, but US will make a lot of money by selling us weapons. 9 billion USD and counting.......

What amazes me is that certain Indians go out of the way to defend US even if the matter under discussion is subversive activities against the Indian state. We have seen how fragile this US-India relation is. Major reason being that the words "Ally" and "Friend" translate into "Slave" in US dictionary.
I willreply you later as i am busy with Pakistani trolls.

If China and America thaw their relationship, like what happens in the 80s, India could be expected to be thrown under the bus under Chinese pressure on America. With sanction, India would not be able to operate Apaches. China builds its own WZ-10 which are powered by Chinese engines.

Back
Top Bottom