What's new

India may award Chinook and Apache contracts this year

If China and America thaws, like what happens in the 80s, India could be expected to be thrown under the bus under Chinese pressure on America. With sanction, India would not be able to operate Apaches. China builds its own WZ-10 which is powered by Chinese engines.
Chinese pressure on Americca??
So why doesnt China pressure America to throw Japan out of the bus???

Chinese pressure on Americca??
So why doesnt China pressure America to throw Japan out of the bus???

Because China and America are rivals, the two biggest superpowers on the planet. However, they cannot stay as rivals forever. :D It is important that India develop its own industry and not rely on America, like what China does with its WZ-10 which is completely Chinese.

What America did to Iran, America can do to any country, including India. America only cares for its national interest. Any of its allies can be thrown under the bus within a moment's notice.
India is not stupid to buy frontline important weapons from USA like Fighter aircrafts and frigates and destroyers. We just bought some transport aircrafts and 22 combat helis. And even after sanctions(which is highly unlikely) it wont effect much to our capabilities.

If China and America thaw their relationship, like what happens in the 80s, India could be expected to be thrown under the bus under Chinese pressure on America. With sanction, India would not be able to operate Apaches. China builds its own WZ-10 which are powered by Chinese engines.

We already are developing LCH . So even if we may not be able to operate Apache that will not be much of a problem .

But what happens to your relationship with Russia when China cozy up with US .

We Designed Chinese Z-10/WZ-10 attack helicopter : Russian Kamov Design Bur

As I might add, should India become a global superpower, America would also sell military hardware to China and use China against India. America plays its rivals against each other. Divide and conquer. :D After all, America sells military hardware to both Arabs and Hebrews.

India is not stupid to buy frontline important weapons from USA like Fighter aircrafts and frigates and destroyers. We just bought some transport aircrafts and 22 combat helis. And even after sanctions(which is highly unlikely) it wont effect much to our capabilities.

Then what is the point in throwing those millions at them?

You are speculating too much. Sanctions won't stop those aircrafts to fly. And for god sake why are we even talking about sanctions? Its not that easy. Even after our nuclear test, US force to withdrew sanctions in next few years.

America sold huge amounts of military hardware to China in the 80s when China promised to kill the USSR. Advanced radars, sonars, jet engines. WS-10 is developed from F-16's engine sold to China. America was developing Super 7 based on F-20 Tigershark to replace J-7. After the USSR died in 1991, the US slapped sanction on China. That's how America treats its allies. Throw them under the bus after using them up.

Jaguar tank developed by America in the 80s from Chinese Type 59 for replacing Type 59.

Jaguar Prototype Main Battle Tank | Military-Today.com

Last edited:
Besides those aircrafts are among best in their class and with less maintenance than any other comparable aircrafts in world.

Besides those aircrafts are among best in their class and with less maintenance than any other comparable aircrafts in world.

I would say Tiger / T129 / WZ-10 are better than Apache. Apache is cumbersome and too big IMO. Apache is a big helicopter that is likely expensive to service.

You are speculating too much. Sanctions won't stop those aircrafts to fly. And for god sake why are we even talking about sanctions? Its not that easy. Even after our nuclear test, US force to withdrew sanctions in next few years.

Every foreign machine that the Indian Armed forces buy is an opportunity lost for our domestic defence industry. The procurement of these US machines has got nothing to do with our strategic requirements. Like somebody on this thread claimed that a few helos won't change anything on ground. If that is the case then why waste millions?

Actually putting sanctions is quite easy, they just have to make up their mind, our fleet of sea-kings was grounded after UK refused to supply the spares in not so distant past. We cannot just ignore the history. There is nothing in common between the US and India, we are like oil and water.

They did not perform well in the Iraq war. How can we expect them to perform well in Himalayas?

They are vulnerable to MANPAD. Two Apaches were supposedly lost in accident during the Kosovo war.

Dump the Apache helicopter.

Actually we Indians are emotional lot. US said a few nice words and we got flattered. In response we showered US with defence deals. Uncle SAM must have been laughing at us. No surprise that they decided to treat our diplomat like dirt.

@amitkriit we can't even make NAL SARAS after so many years let alone something like C-17 Globemasters. Its not that easy as you are saying. It will take decades before we will start making something like that. And regarding procurement, Its not less important as you claim. We badly need our strategic transport capability to expand and thus globemasters which are best in the world with 77 tons load in one go.
PS: who told you these aircrafts didn't perform well in Iraq war or any for that matter?

I would say Tiger / T129 / WZ-10 are better than Apache. Apache is cumbersome and too big IMO. Apache is a big helicopter that is likely expensive to service.
everyone is entitled to his own opinion. In my views Apaches are best combat helis and 90% members here will agree with me too.

They are vulnerable to MANPAD. Two Apaches were supposedly lost in accident during the Kosovo war.

Dump the Apache helicopter.
In that sense all aircrafts are vulnerable to MANPADS so we shouldn't buy any aircrafts?

Are you an applicant of H1B visa by any chance? I am asking this because you seem too eager to go to any length to defend US even if that requires slandering our political system.

Please use the correct flag, your loyalty is suspect.

LOL said sumone who does not even know me.. HAHA

Your mad fixation of sanctions and quoting of my loyalty does put you in a superb limelight. But then as i had explained before in other threads, i do the same.. I am a IIT IIM passout and pls for god sake i did not take up a US consultancy offer to reap in a crore a year. I am working happily in a private bank with mediocre salary whereas my peers are raking more than 7 figures every year. So you don need to know my loyalty.

Secondly, a few weapon systems makes you burn so much then why you have not raised your voice in either rafales, or any military system or subsystem

The fact of the matter is your heart is burning simply bcz you believe we are slaves. that mentality is there bcz of your inferiority complex syndrome which you are suffering from childhood (yes m exacttly giving you back for asking my LOYALTY). You need mental conditioning for sure.

Sanctions, China, HAHA - nobody cares for what we have or what we are looking.. lunatics with useless mindcrap who question everydeal for everything.

A bunch of 22 helos does heartburn whereas our LCA GE engine is american. Don you think Sanction will hit them first rather than 22 apaches. See here i showed your selective hypocrisy.

Back
Top Bottom