What's new

India Is Losing The Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Underwood from Citrus Heights

If you go to China and see the traffic, the transportation systems, the local markets, and the population in general, you will see far more people living better than those in Indian cities. The can not all be members of the elite.

Go to any park, the Forbidden City, the Bundt in Shanghai and you will see just how much better off the Chinese are than the Indians.

India is not really a Democratic country. It is run by an elite core of bureaucrats who have more regulations and restrictions that those in China. Call it what you may, but it is not Democratic.
Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:52 p.m.RECOMMENDED19

nomad from Canada
Sorry but you're grossly overestimating the contribution of American capital to China's growth. The lion's share of China's foreign investment comes from other Asian countries (with Hong Kong and Taiwan contributing about half of the total), while America contributing only 10 or 15%.

I just took a 3-week road trip in China's relatively poor Sichuan and Yunnan provinces, immediately followed by a 3-week road trip in India's Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh surrounding its capital Delhi. The contrast between the two countries could not have been greater: China has gleaming new highways even in remote mountainous areas, beautiful new urban parks and landscaped streets in even minor cities like Xichang and Miyi that few foreigners have heard of, and no visible abject poverty anywhere urban or rural. India was the complete opposite: congested potholed roads everywhere, homeless people sleeping in roadside tents in cities and villages, and even in Udaipur, reputedly India's most beautiful city, you cannot walk a few steps in its streets without stepping on cow dung or being run over by a tuk tuk. Not to mention Agra, which is literally an open sewer as soon as you step outside the gates of the Taj Mahal.

From my personal experience, I have to agree with the author and make the conclusion that he dared not state openly: although we would like to believe otherwise, the Chinese totalitarianism has worked out far better for its people than the Indian democracy.
Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:16 a.m.RECOMMENDED2

Ok, i don't understand. How can a country lose the race? The only way that can happen is if the country is obliterated from existence.

There was never a race. China is well beyond India's league, about 50-60 years away.

It's like comparing Somalia with USA when you compare India with China.

There was never a race. China is well beyond India's league, about 50-60 years away.

No , it's like comparing Pakistan with India

No , it's like comparing Pakistan with India

Pakistan

m2-2.jpg

India

india-roads-cows.jpg

Whole humanity.

We will lead humanity living in India, China, Islamic World etc...

Go figure.

that's the problem with you yanks quit with the policing you nutbags that's why your country is fked economically

India lost the race, but that dose not mean "losing" the race.
In the next two or three decades, India may grow faster than china. India has a better education system and demographic dividend. India also has her problems, all prediction should base on the situation that she can resolve those problems like ethnic conflict, country infrastruction construction and, what's more importent, social security problems.
People should consider about india-china cooperation project. After the raise china and india, we can build a more rich and stable asia.

We used to get on very well with each other in the history, including china and japan, china and india, and other countries, don't fight for nothing anymore. We paid too many lives but learnt nothing.

There is no race between India and China. Like another poster said we have our own pace. China is far ahead from us.

Its never about achievement but progress. We are progressing.

@Icewolf; your continuous rants against India are now getting boring. More people live in slums now in Pakistan than in India. I read some where you ranted about 70% of Indians living under poverty line, another thread you compared Pakistani infrastructure better than India's. From where you are getting these statistics out ?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no race between India and China. Like another poster said we have our own pace. China is far ahead from us.

@Icewolf; your continuous rants against India are now getting boring. More people live in slums now in Pakistan than in India. I read some where you ranted about 70% of Indians living under poverty line, another thread you compared Pakistani infrastructure better than India's. From where you are getting these statistics out ?

From zaid Hamid the great of universe.

Considering that Indians have people living below the poverty line than the entire population of Pakistan I think you are just making up reality to make yourself feel better.
luckily for us, we don't have to live in your delusions and know the truth that what you said is clearly not true.

Considering that Indians have people living below the poverty line than the entire population of Pakistan I think you are just making up reality to make yourself feel better.
luckily for us, we don't have to live in your delusions and know the truth that what you said is clearly not true.
Still we have way better economy than you and ahead of you in many fields. Its a compliment after all. :D

Don't worry, India is bringing poor people out of poverty at good rate.

at what time do you go to zaid hamid coaching classes to 'learn'?

so you mean to say that pakistan is better than india economically?

Still we have way better economy than you and ahead of you in many fields. Its a compliment after all. :D

did I say anything to the contrary?
at the moment India has a slightly better growth rate, Pakistan's is about 4% where as India's is about 5-7%
so I don't see how that is WAYYYYY BETTERRRRRRR
Pakistanis are also suffering from the worst leadership in our history, constant shortages, a war, insecurity, etc etc and we still managed to have a positive growth rate.
And yet Indians think that because they have a growth rate that is a few percentage point above ours that magically India is a supa dupa pawa and that now you have smaller slum population then us.

Delusions.

Sorry bro, but you still have to live in a world that has more starving Indians than the entire population of Pakistan. It might hurt your ego, it might make your eyes red with rage, but that is the honest truth.
The sooner you come to terms with it the easier it will be for everyone.

Maybe in GDP.

India's economy is screwed... Poor are getting poorer an rich are getting richer. This is what causes the delusion of inflated GDP growth.

at what time do you go to zaid hamid coaching classes to 'learn'?

During Fridays

Maybe in GDP.

India's economy is screwed... Poor are getting poorer an rich are getting richer. This is what causes the delusion of inflated GDP growth.

During Fridays
best of luck.learn well and share it with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom