What's new

India is a Hindu nation: RSS chief

I did not consider them an anti-Muslim organization, more like pro-modern-Hinduism organization

RSS is not just people with Khaki shorts. It's an umbrela with lots of other wings. I would hardly call Bajrang Dal, Shiv sena and Sri Ram sena a pro-modern hinduism organization. Therer are same people who assasinated Gandhi, personaly I am not a big fan of Gandhi.
Pro modern hinduism is people who carried out protests against sri ram sena, pro modern hinduism is people who carried out protest against terrorism in Pakistan, pro-modern hinduism is people who realize that any sort of communal forces must be kept at bay. Without the support of those hindus, India will be overun with those kind of people.

RSS is not just people with Khaki shorts. It's an umbrela with lots of other wings. I would hardly call Bajrang Dal, Shiv sena and Sri Ram sena a pro-modern hinduism organization. Therer are same people who assasinated Gandhi, personaly I am not a big fan of Gandhi.

RSS is not an umbrella group that consists of Shiv Sena or the Ram Sena in my knowledge. I do agree that VHP, Bajrang Dal are ofshoots of RSS. I have a problem with the stated goals of all these organizations (Shiv Sena,Ram Sena,VHP, BD). On the other hand I have no problems with the stated goals of RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). How they go about their affairs on the other hand is not all that great a way.

RSS is not an umbrella group that consists of Shiv Sena or the Ram Sena in my knowledge.

They are all interconnected.

On the other hand I have no problems with the stated goals of RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). How they go about their affairs on the other hand is not all that great a way.

I see that you underline the word stated. You judge organizations or people by thier actions not by thier promises and goals. RSS and thier fanatic organizations talk about anti-terrorism but I have never seen them taking up thier guns and to Kashmir or eastern states and eliminate terrorism. I have never seen them take up thier guns and go fight naxals in Orrisa and Andhra Pradesh. They are good for terrorising minorities and divide people on communal lines.

I have never seen them take up thier guns and go fight naxals in Orrisa and Andhra Pradesh. They are good for terrorising minorities and divide people on communal lines.

Offtopic, but those (non-police people) who fight the Naxals are worse than the Naxals. Ranbir Sena, Salwa Judum are not exactly Angels.

Offtopic, but those (non-police people) who fight the Naxals are worse than the Naxals. Ranbir Sena, Salwa Judum are not exactly Angels.

My appologies, I thought this was some how related. I dont know about the Ranbir sena or Salwal Judum, may be you can shed some light on it. The point I trying to make that RSS claims them selves to be nationalists and they are some how true Indians. This is the biggest load of cr_p. If they are so concerned about it why not fight the terrorists and go kashmir and eastern india? Why terrorise ordinary Indians? Who gave them the right to decide who are true Indians? Just imagine if 160 million muslims of this country were extrimist or even 10% of them, it wouldn't take lot time to bring absolute caose in this country. I applaude them for controling extrimism within thier community.
I know this might be bit offtopic as well, once again I appologise.

So isnt Turkey a muslim nation? Whats the percentage of minorities there? What about Indonesia or even Bangladesh?

Gabbar, All the countries I quoted are secular and democratic and muslim nations. I didnt quote pakistan.

Zombie
Read Bangladesh constitution. State religion is Islam. Neither we are secular nor claim to be one. It's India that brag about being secular yet it usual action proved otherwise..........

Zombie
Read Bangladesh constitution. State religion is Islam. Neither we are secular nor claim to be one. It's India that brag about being secular yet it usual action proved otherwise..........

We dont brag about it Zakir, we are proud of it. Yes, we have flaws but we will work together keep this country secular. The day India becomes a religious state, you can expect another partician.
Until then, LONG LIVE INDIA!!!!!!!!
ed7152ad25f016cc35060d3ca2ddfa72.gif

My appologies, I thought this was some how related. I dont know about the Ranbir sena or Salwal Judum, may be you can shed some light on it.

I don't have first hand knowledge about Naxalites and Ranbir Sena, but I have heard stories from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Naxalites have a stupid economic theory and an even worse way of implementing it (guns). But they have support of people in parts, because they (claim to) get rid of land-lordism, caste discrimination and give women rights. Ranbir Sena on the other hand is the Vigilante force that is set up to protect the landlords from the Naxalites. In parts of Bihar at least they have shoot-outs much like in the movie Sholay. Thankfully for India, their (both sides) weapons are home-made guns (unlike the Taliban) and people are forgiving and willing to let things go (unlike southern Europe). Police have trouble with both of them, but it is a fair balance since the landlords have the money and the Naxalites have the lawyers (or some lawyers).

I wouldn't even begin to classify the J&K problem and naxalites as the same - Naxalites are our own problem, and we disagree on ideology and fight our people. J&K for most part imported from across the border (but sustained by some of the locals and wrong political moves of the government) and much much more violent.

Salwa Judum is apparently the Oriya equivalent of the Ranbir Sena, but I only know of them from news reports.

We dont brag about it Zakir, we are proud of it. Yes, we have flaws but we will work together keep this country secular. The day India becomes a religious state, you can expect another partician.
Until then, LONG LIVE INDIA!!!!!!!!
ed7152ad25f016cc35060d3ca2ddfa72.gif

Well Good for you and best of luck from my side. I will urge you guys not to label as a Secular nation until we become one. Its some what insulting to us Muslims in Bd....thanks

I applaude them for controling extrimism within thier community.
I know this might be bit offtopic as well, once again I appologise.

No need to apologize, I did not mean to be a RSS apologizer either. All I was saying is that by their stated objectives, RSS is a pretty decent organization which could have been something like the Arya Samaj. How they have actually functioned has depended on who is on the ground.

India is a secular country. On this Site someone had asked about Mumbai & Gujarat where Muslims were killed. I had to ask this question to my Muslim friend. His answer was simple - More Muslims have been killed by Muslims in the neighboring countries.

India is a secular country. On this Site someone had asked about Mumbai & Gujarat where Muslims were killed. I had to ask this question to my Muslim friend. His answer was simple - More Muslims have been killed by Muslims in the neighboring countries.

O.K So what's that got to do with secularism.

No need to apologize, I did not mean to be a RSS apologizer either. All I was saying is that by their stated objectives, RSS is a pretty decent organization which could have been something like the Arya Samaj. How they have actually functioned has depended on who is on the ground.

Again there is different between stated and what is actually being done on the ground. Read post#63.

Well Good for you and best of luck from my side. I will urge you guys not to label as a Secular nation until we become one. Its some what insulting to us Muslims in Bd....thanks

I dont think I ever labeled BD as secular country. You have to find right poster.

Again there is different between stated and what is actually being done on the ground. Read post#65.

Agreed. I have never had to face trouble with RSS personally, so I might be not be so much anti-RSS as the other so called religious groups. The so called "Sri Ram Sena" is on my personal hate list. You might have lived in other parts, and judging by news reports, have much to complain about.

Back
Top Bottom