What's new

India is a Hindu nation: RSS chief

Gabbar, All the countries I quoted are secular and democratic and muslim nations. I didnt quote pakistan.

I kind of knew you would say that. I dont know much about Indonesia, Turkey even what BD stands for. You question was more about percentage of population. You are right they are partialy democratic and MUSLIM nation because they are muslim states and it's in thier constitution. They are NOT SECULAR. India is true democracy, with flaws? yes, but secular democracy.

Mr. Gabbar, what do you think when some says "He is far to the right"?

Some one who is standing too far right to me. :lol:
It's too big of question. I'll give a shot..
Far right or conservative is a person or group that believe in individualism, let his or his group's decision to be influenced by his religion, culture and/or agency. This could mean different things in different country. In US it means less government control but in mid-east all Governmet control. I know it might not be enogh but to be fair it is a broad question.

A perfect example is Rush Limbaugh. What you think that person ideals are?

He is a nut job. I consider him ulta-right wing. He wants US to be run by oil companies and big corporations. Word liberal is poison to his ears.

In a secular society you have two extremes and majority are in the middle. I am condeming RSS as well as to the far right, but in a democractic society this comes with the territory.

Fair enough and I never denied that they should not exist in secular country but is it right for them to threaten minorities? Rush limbaugh doesn't threan minorities.

Gabbar, last day Lalu Prasad was arrested for attacking on Varun, and people are now saying that Lalu did that for Muslim vote bank. I simply do not understand what these hypocrite false Indians want. Whatever may be the reason, but at least Lalu condemned the dangerous hate speech of Varun. How many Indian politicians have ever done that?

Self criticism does not stand for anti-Indianness.

Fair enough and I never denied that they should not exist in secular country but is it right for them to threaten minorities? Rush limbaugh doesn't threan minorities.

That is why they should be banned and not form again! Since you explained real well about the right wing nut cases, what about the far left like Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson.

Gabbar, last day Lalu Prasad was arrested for attacking on Varun, and people are now saying that Lalu did that for Muslim vote bank. I simply do not understand what these hypocrite false Indians want. Whatever may be the reason, but at least Lalu condemned the dangerous hate speech of Varun. How many Indian politicians have ever done that?

Lalu did that for muslims votes or not I can't say that for sure. But lalu does not like communal forces. But if he really is concerned about muslims in his state then what has he done to improve thier life? Bihar is still the most backward state and muslims and dalits are one of the poorest people in his state. He did do some good things with railways like new trains and railways was highly profitabel under his command. I am still on the fence about him. Most of the opposition did comdemed that and Maya even put NSA on him.
But I hate Maya, she is corrupt and she keep installing her statues all over the state instead of taking that money and help poor people.

That is why they should be banned and not form again! Since you explained real well about the right wing nut cases, what about the far left like Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson.

Well I dont know lot about them. I have seen them on TV whenever it's black related issue and never heard any good statement in general that is not biased. They showup for protest and then disappear for weeks. That's why amerian public have never taken them seriously.

Your comment is as dumb as the one being made by the RSS chief.

:rofl::rofl:nice one.

Well at least someone's admitting what "Hindustaan" is all about.

Look who admitted and who accepted it...

I'd never heard of anything called hindutva till a few years back when I started posting in international fora. But the ideology has gained terrain, not only Indian media but also prominent political leaders and parties are promoting it.

This is a serious threat for secularsim, can India continue to ignore calls for hindutva revival? Where is this all going...? :coffee:

THe name hindutva became popular as an english word in recent years. Before that it was radical hinduism or some thing like that. RSS never lied low exccept during the emergency time.
Anyhow this elcetion is being fought by BJP on nothing new significantly but hindutva(but they claim national security is one). Let us see how well they can sell this.

Isn't that crystal clear? Come on mann!! That's Lalu you are talking about. Clearly Indians had more experience with him to understand his mind. Your last line is true. Thats exactly why Lalu was criticized.

:rofl::rofl:nice one.

Look who admitted and who accepted it...

What did you want to say? Let me remind you Mr, Indian subcontinent is not your parental private property. India has one constitution, and whoever is not happy with the constitutional rights, he or she may get out of this land. Otherwise, he or she may be sentenced to jail for violating the basic constitutional rules.

Isn't that crystal clear? Come on mann!! That's Lalu you are talking about. Clearly Indians had more experience with him to understand his mind. Your last line is true. Thats exactly why Lalu was criticized.

Are you a Dravidian?

c887e359433084dbe47820e797317bec.jpg

Jaipur: The RSS said on Tuesday that Hindutva is the "identity" of the country and asked the people to be proud of it.

"Our identity is Hindutva and the people should be proud of it. The society should work for removal of evils and the welfare of the country," RSS chief Mohan Rao Bhagwat said while addressing volunteers at a gathering in Jaipur. "India is a Hindu nation, which is an eternal fact," he claimed.

Bhagwat said shaping the present "modern" society along the lines of traditional Hindu culture and traditions will be the ideal route to social welfare.

He said the RSS wants to make people "responsible, and dedicated" towards the nation, which, according to him, was above all.

"Creating a well-cultured society is our aim and not contesting elections or winning seats," Bhagwat said.

During the discourse, the RSS chief said the poll season has come and there will be plenty of assurances from candidates to seek votes, but, after winning elections, they will appear only before the next polls. He met Kanchi Peeth Shankracharya Jayendra Saraswati in Jaipur on Monday when he visited the city.

If they want to feel proud of that, start by getting a better uniform for their Hindutva brigade.

And their political wing, the BJP, is expected to win next month. India may claim to be a secular country and call Pakistan an Islamic one, but you'll never see Maulana Fazlur Rehman win the election in Pakistan, but in India these people do!

We don't want Varun to incite violence.

We don't want lalu to incite violence.

thats simple law. but its difficult for u to understand because u can't look at it without those rediculous ideological glasses u r wearing.

Ane EVERYONE condemned varun's speech, even BJP!

Great news. Would like to see India as a Hindu Nation but not going to happen soon.

India should remain a free & democratic country.
Free in the sense all its citzens enjoy their fundamental rights irrespective of cast,creed,religion or gender.

This country will be a hindu outlook since its predominantly hindu.

Secularism is a motto of atheist communist.

What did you want to say? Let me remind you Mr, Indian subcontinent is not your parental private property. India has one constitution, and whoever is not happy with the constitutional rights, he or she may get out of this land. Otherwise, he or she may be sentenced to jail for violating the basic constitutional rules.

Are you a Dravidian?

Heck, whose side are you on ? Do you want India to be a Hindu Nation or not ? I thought you were a Pakistani - why do you want India to be a Hindu nation? What interest do you have in convincing rubyjackass that it is a good idea to have India as a Hindu Nation?

What RSS is talking about is changing the constitution and declaring India a Hindu Nation. I personally hate that happening, but RSS chief certainly has a right to say what he wants - Indian constitution also protects free speech.

And I guess the Dravidian comment is just flamebaiting for responses.
Communist, please, I request you to let the thread have a civil debate without this turning into a Caste issue/Dravidian/India-vs-Pak/Hindu-vs-Muslim debate. It is fairly easy to completely destroy a thread by throwing in a few comments about how something tangential is wrong, but that helps no one. This is a forum for debate (I hope).

If they want to feel proud of that, start by getting a better uniform for their Hindutva brigade.

They cant even scare my dog with those uniforms.

And their political wing, the BJP, is expected to win next month.

I wouldn't go that far, there is third front and it's going to be coalition government again. No one party is going to win the whole thing.

India may claim to be a secular country and call Pakistan an Islamic one, but you'll never see Maulana Fazlur Rehman win the election in Pakistan, but in India these people do!

That's why it's called democracy. You and your opponents have equal right to run the country. Let's not forget that majority of cogresss is hindu and lots of moderate hindus vote for them keep BJP at bay. If it wasn't those hindus, India will be run over by thugs like Bal Thankray and Varun Gandhi.

Criticism is one thing and a minister, in a pubic rally, saying that "I will run a bulldozer over his chest" is another.

But relax. You are not expected to know the difference.

Back
Top Bottom