What's new

India, Iran cradles of great civilizations: Iranian envoy

By that logic, if that culture you are referring to does not exist in Pakistan to any meaningful extent then Indian people can only claim it's legacy where it currently exists, else it died out and was superseded (Pakistan).

Indologists(both Indian and European) visiting Pakistan for archaeological and other data can explain it better. Sindhis and Punjabis of pakistan are Indic people but only ethnic relations except for Hindus of Pakistan. That's the only thing that connects us with Ancient India. But more recent History like medieval age and modern british era is our common heritage.

What else could jinnah or Iqbal call themselves, that's what the region was called.

the point was that the were In fact Indians for most part of their life and took part in Indian Independence movement NOT Pakistan Independence movement. nothing of that sorts exists for that matter. Pakistan the acronym only came after 1941. Objective History is good for everyone. For them and us. esp. our future generations.

History is not about religion but heritage. Look at Iranians they still feel proud of their pre-Islamic past. But you guys are busy in smearing it to prove your segregation from Indians and more proximity towards Saudis.

You can't actually prove heritage, I doubt the Iranians can.

Yout argument is "those who claim it, own it".

Laughable logic.

If an english man became at some point Christian he has no claim to his previous pagan history, he has to wipe it out from history?

The history of the region belongs to the geographical inhabitants of that region provided their presence has remained!!!!

Yes that prove the point of "Jab Spain pe Hamari Haqumat thi." Spain was ruled by Arabs not Pakistanis.

You can't actually prove heritage, I doubt the Iranians can.

Yout argument is "those who claim it, own it".

You always talk bullshit, I can't understand your this or that. Also heritage doesn't depend upon religion. Have you ever heard any Icelandic saying "Jab Bharat pe hamari haqumat thi." because both British and Icelandic are same Christians.

Indologists(both Indian and European) visiting Pakistan for archaeological and other data can explain it better. Sindhis and Punjabis of pakistan are Indic people but only ethnic relations except for Hindus of Pakistan. That's the only thing that connects us with Ancient India. But more recent History like medieval age and modern british era is our common heritage.

the point was that the were In fact Indians for most part of their life and took part in Indian Independence movement NOT Pakistan Independence movement. nothing of that sorts exists for that matter. Pakistan the acronym only came after 1941. Objective History is good for everyone. For them and us. esp. our future generations.

Semantics.

Jinnah argued for Indian independence, agree.

And he may called himself Hindustani, but once Pakistan was created I bet he called himself Pakistani, hope the point is obvious :)

Well yes, that proves thar point, but it doesn't help your point in any way.

My point is religion has nothing to do with cultural heritage. If your ancestors are non-Muslims its stupidity to disown their heritage and with foreigner if you share same religion you will say their cultural heritage is our heritage. British rules over India but did any Icelandic, Swedish, Russian ever said,"Jab Bharat pe hamari Haqumat thi."

Iranians never disowned their pre-Islamic past and also think other Muslim nations make false claims over their heritage.

You always talk bullshit, I can't understand your this or that. Also heritage doesn't depend upon religion. Have you ever heard any Icelandic saying "Jab Bharat pe hamari haqumat thi." because both British and Icelandic are same Christians.

So where do you fit into this heritage argument? From how many centuries? Do you even know?

My point is religion has nothing to do with cultural heritage. If your ancestors are non-Muslims its stupidity to disown their heritage and with foreigner if you share same religion you will say their cultural heritage is our heritage. British rules over India but did any Icelandic, Swedish, Russian ever said,"Jab Bharat pe hamari Haqumat thi."

Iranians never disowned their pre-Islamic past and also think other Muslim nations make false claims over their heritage.

My argument is not based in religion, it's based on legitimacy.

Legitimacy is based on some sort of blood connection, everyone else is hijacking the idea, Iranians most guilty of this.

for those who think indus valley civilization is just confined to Pakistan. get a reality check.

indusmap.gif

According to wiki kaniska is from central Asia ethnically.

So you too have nothing to do with him!!!

Not surprising, I don't see your point other than to validate what I have been saying.

Yes, there was a bit of apparent anomaly in my post #272....

Kanishka had Central Asian(probably Chinese) ethnicity.....
Kanishka, the fifth Kushan king,ruled most of Northern India during 127 A.D.
BUT Indus Valley Civilization,is actually more than 5000 yrs old.(3300–1300 B.C.)
So, Ancient Indian civilization has nothing to do with the Kushanas.

Back
Top Bottom