What's new

India, Iran cradles of great civilizations: Iranian envoy

Nations are due to religion, not due to physical boundaries or languages

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Nations are due to religion, not due to physical boundaries or languages...

Greatest lie. There are 150+ countries in this world which are not based on religion. In Pakistan religion is used as synthetic glue for national unity and their segregation from similarity from Indians and show of more similarity towards Saudi Arabia.

Once I heard one Pakistani saying that I feel Delhi more familiar to me and Saudi Arabia more alien to me.

Your point is neither here nor there.

I never said I believe in ancient Pakistan, but if we can have ancient India based on the nation state if Indiathen Pakistan can join the club.

Logically I would like to view the ancient world according to the "divisions" that existed at the time, normally this is race, or boundaries, not nation states.

However so many people have come and left that what happened at that time is hardly relevant to anyone today, we are fighting over myths
That's Inaccurate buddy. Indians do not claim the heritage of ancient India based on present day notion of nation state or boundaries. Modern India is the only country that can claim the heritage of Ancient India because the relics of the Ancient India/Epic India/Bharathavarsha can only be found in India and are part and parcel of their culture even today. (although there is a strong dominance of Indo-persian arts and architecture as a result of what happened during medieval times. Present day Pakistan shares this part of the history with India)

Go thru Post #250

Have you ever thought of the fact the Jinnah and Iqbal called themselves Indian/Hindustani for most part of their lives?

I was speaking based on observation, I get the feeling Iranians think they are the most cunning of them all, sometimes they play one card, sometimes another, very little consistency.
i understand your feeling.
but see: some people blame arabs for this or that and they clearly say it ;)

about friendship... during iran iraq war we didn't have much friends.
And you know.... we know that nobody will save us from a war from USA. I have family near nuclear center .... believe me i worry every day if an attack occurs . and you can see that no country will care to strongly oppose the decision of USA
like nobody did it in Iraq

Your point is neither here nor there.

I never said I believe in ancient Pakistan, but if we can have ancient India based on the nation state if India then Pakistan can join the club.

Logically I would like to view the ancient world according to the "divisions" that existed at the time, normally this is race, or boundaries, not nation states.

However so many people have come and left that what happened at that time is hardly relevant to anyone today, we are fighting over myths

There is nothing illogical in my words. With Omar Khayyam or Ibn Sina you share only religion but Panini or Kanishka are your ancestors why to forget them when you cherish about foreigners. Do Iranians or Egyptians forgot their Golden Past when they changed their religion.

That's Inaccurate buddy. Indians do not claim the heritage of ancient India based on present day notion of nation state or boundaries. Modern India is the only country that can claim the heritage of Ancient India because the relics of the Ancient India/Epic India/Bharathavarsha can only be found in India and are part and parcel of their culture even today. (although there is a strong dominance of Indo-persian arts and architecture as a result of what happened during medieval times. Present day Pakistan shares this part of the history with India)

Go thru Post #250

Have you ever thought of the fact the Jinnah and Iqbal called themselves Indian/Hindustani for almost all of their lives?

By that logic, if that culture you are referring to does not exist in Pakistan to any meaningful extent then Indian people can only claim it's legacy where it currently exists, else it died out and was superseded (Pakistan).

What else could jinnah or Iqbal call themselves, that's what the region was called.

There is nothing illogical in my words. With Omar Khayyam or Ibn Sina you share only religion but Panini or Kanishka are your ancestors why to forget them when you cherish about foreigners. Do Iranians or Egyptians forgot their Golden Past when they changed their religion.

How do you know if kanishka is my ancestor or even yours?

That's the folly of this, not many of us will know our family history with accuracy, especially in the northern regions. Too much assumptions, too many dreams :)

How do you know if kanishka is my ancestor or even yours?

That's the folly of this, not many of us will know our family history with accuracy, especially in the northern regions. Too much assumptions, too many dreams :)

I think you people should stop reading history, its useless for people like you.

iranian didnt know indus valley civilization started in pakistan not india, idiots

India has changed so much, has had so many invaders that referring to an ancient past is fraudulent, people are trying to falsely claim the idea of ancient India. Tell me, who exactly in India or Pakistan can claim to have linkage to indus valley civilisation?

Everyone has come from everywhere, there is no Indian race, and race is crucial if we discuss these things.

It's like Arabs trying to claim the pyramids as their own, likewise how can an Indian claim connection to ivc? On what basis, myth?

No, it's not at all myth....the "Anciend Indian Civilization" can be well defined...because there are enough historical evidences.....Therefore it is also acknowledged by the West.

Generally speaking, Ancient Indian Civilization(Indus Valley Civilization and the civilization along the river Ganges) spread from modern day Afghanistan in the west(the existance of Bamiyan Buddha status-destroyed by the Talibans and HinduKush mountains proove it) to modern day Burma(Myanmar-Chola dynasty stretched from South India to modern day Myanmar) in the east.......

The Indus Valley Civilization flourished around the Indus River basin, So it is no wonder that most of the remains of this huge civilization falls in modern day Pakistan.

BUT, The Indus Valley Civilization which was a Bronze Age civilization flourished during 3300–1300 B.C.
And, Muslim rule in the subcontinent began in 712 A.D.
So there was no Islamic influence in this civilization.

The name “Hindu” was given by outsiders, invaders(Persians) who could not pronounce the name of the River Sindhu properly.
Therefore people living at Sindhu river basin and beyond came to be known as "Hindus" and hence Hindustan.

NOW, people living at and beyond Sindhu river basin(towards further East and South) actually followed the Vedic Religion.
So, the followers of this Vedic Religion, came to be known as "Hindus".

Therefore what is known as Hinduism today, is actually this Vedic Religion.

[Some people claim that this vast landmass was never unified under a single rular, there were many warring dynasties, so there was no ancient unified INDIA as such.....BUT what these people forget(may be intentionally) is that, even though there were many warring dynasties, they were still UNIFIED by one single binding force...HINDUISM(vedic Religion)]

So, India(or Hindustan or Bharat or whatever you call)....was very much Unified and a single entity.

Kaniska,panini and other genius people were indeed frm what is now modern day Pakistan... even though as a baluch i share no ethnic simililarities with them.... but i think they should be honoured for their great achievements...

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

No, it's not at all myth....the "Anciend Indian Civilization" can be well defined...because there are enough historical evidences.....Therefore it is also acknowledged by the West.

Generally speaking, Ancient Indian Civilization(Indus Valley Civilization and the civilization along the river Ganges) spread from modern day Afghanistan in the west(the existance of Bamiyan Buddha status-destroyed by the Talibans and HinduKush mountains proove it) to modern day Burma(Myanmar-Chola dynasty stretched from South India to modern day Myanmar) in the east.......

The Indus Valley Civilization flourished around the Indus River basin, So it is no wonder that most of the remains of this huge civilization falls in modern day Pakistan.

BUT, The Indus Valley Civilization which was a Bronze Age civilization flourished during 3300–1300 B.C.

The name “Hindu” was given by outsiders, invaders(Persians) who could not pronounce the name of the River Sindhu properly.
Therefore people living at Sindhu river basin and beyond came to be known as "Hindus" and hence Hindustan.

NOW, people living at and beyond Sindhu river basin(towards further East and South) actually followed the Vedic Religion.

Though people claim that this vast landmass was not unified under a single rular, there were many warring dynasties, so there was no ancient unified INDIA as such.....BUT what these people forget(may be intentionally) is that, even though there were many warring dynasties, they were still UNIFIED by one single binding force...HINDUISM(vedic Religion)

So, India(or Hindustan or Bharat or whatever you call)....was very much Unified and a single entity.

I didnt read all ur post...But the highlighted part is an OVER KILL!

i understand your feeling.
but see: some people blame arabs for this or that and they clearly say it ;)

about friendship... during iran iraq war we didn't have much friends.
And you know.... we know that nobody will save us from a war from USA. I have family near nuclear center .... believe me i worry every day if an attack occurs . and you can see that no country will care to strongly oppose the decision of USA
like nobody did it in Iraq

I understand iranian feelings, it can't be easy, although I do think it's drama.

Because I have heard hype for years, no action(thank god), Iran has actually cone out unscathed, look at the pain Pakistan has been through!!

iranian didnt know indus valley civilization started in pakistan not india, idiots

Again one more illiterate who don't know southern and eastern boundary of Indus ValleY civilization in South Gujarat and Meerut in India. Plus why you Pakistanis think Sirajuddaulah and Tipu Sultan are your heritage when they lived 2000km away from Pakistan.

Though people claim that this vast landmass was not unified under a single rular, there were many warring dynasties, so there was no ancient unified INDIA as such.....BUT what these people forget(may be intentionally) is that, even though there were many warring dynasties, they were still UNIFIED by one single binding force...HINDUISM(vedic Religion)

Typical mythology, a little fact and plenty of masala.

You are easily throwing the word Indian and Hindu about it's basically a nonsense.

We have the following facts.

1.ivc centred around Indus valley.
2.ivc spread to Pakistan and India.
3.ivc 3000+ years old.

The definition of "Hindu" changes so much to suit different arguments that you could probably put forward an argument to say I am one (maybe I am :)), or every other ancient civilisation was Hindu, there is nothing you can point to that makes them ALL Hindu at that time, silly mythology, they were just savages who were advanced for their time, this Hindu concept is a real stretch, riddled with assumptions and mistruths, too much to debunk.

Again one more illiterate who don't know southern and eastern boundary of Indus ValleY civilization in South Gujarat and Meerut in India. Plus why you Pakistanis think Sirajuddaulah and Tipu Sultan are your heritage when they lived 2000km away from Pakistan.

yes it spread from pakistan to india, but originally indus valley and river indus was always ancient pakistan NOT india, moen jo daro and harrapa, the cradle of civilization ruins are in pakistan, mehrgarh the newly found ruin even predates the indus valley civilization,

stop linking your history will our history, there is clear physical boundary over yours and ours, we dont claim taj mehal, so please dont claim indus valley civ as yours

Back
Top Bottom