What's new

India involved in Lahore attacks: Police

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
New Delhi: Lahore Police claims to have evidence of Indian hand in the attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore, according to Pakistani media reports.

The Lahore Police announced having information about those responsible for the assault in a press conference.

Lahore's Capital City Police Officer Pervaiz Rathore said there is evidence of Indian involvement in the Manawan and Liberty Chowk terror attacks.

Rathore did not give any details of the evidence but said arrests will be made soon and that stringent security measures will be adopted to combat terror threats.

"Involvement of India is definitely there... we are still coordinating with agencies. Will let you know at a later stage," said Rathore.

However, Minister of State for External Affairs Anand Sharma rubbished the claims made by Pakistani police.

"Nobody has ever accused India of such things. India has been the victim of targeted terror attacks. It will be important that their security agencies work put to their things under order," said Sharma.

In the Manawan attack, armed terrorists targeted a police training academy taking several cadets hostage and killing more than 20 people and injuring nearly 100 others.

On the other hand in the Liberty Chowk attack, the Sri Lankan cricket team was attacked although none of the players or match officials were seriously injured.

Meanwhile, authorities enhanced security on Friday in Islamabad after sounding a security alert in the wake of renewed terrorist threats, officials said.

The US embassy temporarily suspended its visa and consular services "due to heightened security" with instructions for US diplomats to avoid unnecessary movement and venturing out in public.

American citizens could contact the embassy in case of emergencies, but routine services would resume on Monday, an embassy statement said.

Embassy operations were scaled down only in Islamabad while the US consulates in Lahore, Karachi and Peshawar remained open.

Islamabad has been the scene of deadly terrorist strikes in a recent wave of violence.

Some private schools, mostly serving Pakistan's elite, were also closed after receiving warnings from unknown sources, media reports said.

A senior Taliban commander said on Sunday that terrorists would be carrying out two bombings every week in revenge for US drone attacks on Pakistan's tribal region bordering Afghanistan.

Indian hand in Lahore attack, claims Pak cop

Well, if they have evidence they should share it and go to interpol for the arrest. Unitll then this might be just an political statement.

10 Apr 09

LAHORE: India was involved in the attacks on the Sri Lankan cricket team and the police training centre in Lahore, declared chief of police Pervez Rathore Friday.

"This is no lip service. There is evidence of foreign involvement in both attacks," said the CCPO, talking to the media at the opening of a hospital, adding that India’s Research and Analysis Wing or R&AW officers lure the innocent and the poor with money and train them to carry out covert actions in Pakistan.

Responding to the interview, SAMAA's Lahore Bureau Chief Habib Akram said that this was the first time an official has publicly admitted to any foreign involvement.

Akram disclosed that his sources, who were high-ranking officials, had said the same thing when the attack on the Sri Lankan team took place on March 3, 2009. "The arsenal and weaponry used by the attackers had the hallmarks of the Indian intelligence agency," said Akram. "The rocket launchers used in Afghanistan and by the Taliban are of a different brand."

10 Apr 09

LAHORE: India was involved in the attacks on the Sri Lankan cricket team and the police training centre in Lahore, declared chief of police Pervez Rathore Friday.

"This is no lip service. There is evidence of foreign involvement in both attacks," said the CCPO, talking to the media at the opening of a hospital, adding that India’s Research and Analysis Wing or R&AW officers lure the innocent and the poor with money and train them to carry out covert actions in Pakistan.

Responding to the interview, SAMAA's Lahore Bureau Chief Habib Akram said that this was the first time an official has publicly admitted to any foreign involvement.

Akram disclosed that his sources, who were high-ranking officials, had said the same thing when the attack on the Sri Lankan team took place on March 3, 2009. "The arsenal and weaponry used by the attackers had the hallmarks of the Indian intelligence agency," said Akram. "The rocket launchers used in Afghanistan and by the Taliban are of a different brand."

Well............................................
What do ya know?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Indians!!!!!!
But i'm not convinced yet.maybe a bi more investigating needs to be done.

10 Apr 09

Link Please:coffee:

yep its all indians. Looks like pakistanis now like to be called as Indians??Were they muslims or hindus?

yep its all indians. Looks like pakistanis now like to be called as Indians??Were they muslims or hindus?

Oh so now you're mad why is it that right after the mimbai attacks blame went on pakistan why?i'll tell you why because you had evidence and now we have evidence so there!!!!!!!!!!
:taz::victory::devil::bounce::chilli:

Even If Indians are involved then shame on ISI.They are ******* supposed to protect Pakistan and they can't do ****.ISI seriousely requires a reform i am sick of these attacks.

Wouldn't it be interesting when the indians will ask Pakistan to bring the mumbai culprits to justice and in reply Pakistan would ask india to do the needful to the planners of attack in Pakistan.

Moreover, the main point of concerns is that in case of mumbai attacks it was only proved that the terrorist were of Pakistani origin and there is no involvement of the government or the 'agencies', but in this case RAW is being blamed directly-making it a state sponsored event.

Even If Indians are involved then shame on ISI.They are ******* supposed to protect Pakistan and they can't do ****.ISI seriousely requires a reform i am sick of these attacks.

I agree but problem is that long porous border,no local group was involved in that team attack.

What about RAW they should be************protecting India!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please!!!!!!!
Raw seriously requires reform my friend and so does the ISI.
Raw should'nt be doing all this to destabalize pakistan.
but then re we confirmed?

Oh so now you're mad why is it that right after the mimbai attacks blame went on pakistan why?

Because India had evidence and US & UK backed India's claim. Later GOP admited Pakistani terrorist envlvemnt.

i'll tell you why because you had evidence and now we have evidence so there!!!!!!!!!!

Please be kind and share those evidnece. It's is nothing more than political statment at this moment. I wont be so shocked when GOP will back out on this statment.

Believe me I could say the same thing about RAW. They have failed miserbaly and failed so many times from predicting attacks on India. ex: Kargil, Parliament attack, Hijacking IA plane, Mumbai attacke etc.

Please be kind and share those evidnece. It's is nothing more than political statment at this moment. I wont be so shocked when GOP will back out on this statment.

Evidence at the link sir.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom