What's new

India in 2012: Strategic and security challenges beckon

The only issue we are having is that our government is stuck with domestic issues and cannot concentrate on economy and neighbor issues. No major decisions have been taken for past 3 years i believe.

no its the stagnating grain yields, depreciating rupee, and poverty reduction that's not going forward that's most worrying about India.

In grain yields, the only thing holding India back is that insufficient investments have been made in agriculture.

In fact, there is enough scope to make a drastic increase in grain production in the Eastern parts of the country where water is abundant. A beginning has been made and we would see the results.

That would be the second green revolution after the first one in the 60s in the Northern India. That green revolution made us self sufficient in food after a "ship to mouth" decade.

This is a tough challenge but not unsolvable. For example we have more farmland than you yet much less grain production.

Depreciating rupee is linked to several factors none of which is permanent. It may not be a bad thing all the way.

Poverty reduction while not as spectacular as in China has actually brought down the poverty levels quite significantly. One or two decades of continued growth at the same pace would see poverty in single digits.

A big surprise for the new year for sure. I have completely forgotten the old CD and it is different now.

Well i shall say thanks for this nice gesture.

On topic, i think India needs a better leadership with a futuristic vision than a short one. Yes Modi is capable but as Bangalore and other learned friends mentioned, he alone cannot achieve wonders though he can show the way. He needs a capable Cabinet too. Recent investments by our Industry toppers in other countries is giving signs of what is to come if the leadership doesn't buckle up.

No we are not going to get another Vajpayee so we have to make do with what we have, and Agriculture is something being neglected in the name of Growth in India which will give us an eye sore or should i say stomach ache in future.

Thank you "CD" for posting some thing positive about my country:yahoo:

guyz, CD has always been pro India until some of the Indian members took his case real bad and bashing china just for the sake of it. that day he went bizark and anti india. Seems he's back to his old mode. :cheers:

As usual while we wish the best for everyone Indians can't seem to change. :rolleyes: Happy New Year Bro.

do think that chini represents every Indian here

there is a member on this forum who stared posting anti India threads first without provocation which resulted in Indian members posting anti china threads and that enemity continues

i can tell his name but it would be off topic

any way i hope i that we stop this mess and in new year have good, high quality threads

happy new year to Chinese members! :cheers:

and a good thread CD

guyz, CD has always been pro India until some of the Indian members took his case real bad and bashing china just for the sake of it. that day he went bizark and anti india. Seems he's back to his old mode. :cheers:

It is just a friendly gesture for the new year.

If Indians bash China and Chinese people, then I will bash India in return. That is fair, I'm sure you will agree. :)

It is just a friendly gesture for the new year.

If Indians bash China and Chinese people, then I will bash India in return. That is fair, I'm sure you will agree. :)

thats hard to assure my friend. If china remains pro pakistan in anti indian issues, then even china will be seen red in the cross-hair. Now even thats fair, I'm sure you will agree. :)

thats hard to assure my friend. If china remains pro pakistan in anti indian issues, then even china will be seen red in the cross-hair. Now even thats fair, I'm sure you will agree. :)

Pakistan is strategically Important for us. what Anti Indian Activities ?

Yes I agree. :tup:

Back in the old days, even if I was called a "chink" twenty times in a row, I would just ignore it.

But that was not sustainable. Nowadays, I will give a response. :P

Pakistan is strategically Important for us. what Anti Indian Activities ?

Did i specify activities. I just say whenever pakistanis go anti india on this forum and chinese support them, its implied that even they are anti india.

Also if pakistan is strategically important to u, so is kashmir strategically important for India and India important for Israel. Its because of kashmir pakistan is anti india and its because of palestine pakistan is anti-israel. So your point stands in our case too. It means we are on the same table. Its all bout strategic importance. rite ? :)

agree but tranparent government i think you should some Indian newspaper first all the poloticians are thief here.makkar madarchod

Back
Top Bottom