What's new

India in 2012: Strategic and security challenges beckon

'Tis an "okay" read. Nothing much here except for a few motivational lines. Thank you CD. Are you sure your account isn't hacked ?

'Tis an "okay" read. Nothing much here except for a few motivational lines. Thank you CD. Are you sure your account isn't hacked ?

I hope there will be a forum cease-fire, for at least the new year. For EVERY nationality here.

Though I expect it will be back to normal before Chinese New Year.

Modi doesnt have a great chance at PM anyway. Remember 2004 elections and the PM drama? MMS was finally brought in as a compromise candidate. Even in case BJP wins, which is a long shot, someone else like Nitish Kumar will be brought in, for some BS reason like "avoiding hurting minority sentiments".

Even if Modi doesn't become PM, BJP can make him Finance Minister. He can do great job as FM

Even if Modi doesn't become PM, BJP can make him Finance Minister. He can do great job as FM

Fine, Deputy PM is still better. But its still too early to make conjectures. LS elections are a long way off.

I also believe Modi is the answer for India. India does not need an economist as the leader. It needs a ruthless leader that can carry out policies that are good for Indian's long term future instead of appeasing everyone.

Anyway, hope everyone a peaceful and prosperous new year.

Time for India to rise. The demographic dividend can be a blessing or a curse, depending on how well educated your population is. Don't miss this opportunity.

It is the new year. And check the rest of my India-related threads, they are all positive anyway.

Welcome back.

To Sanity. ;)

Yes, I hope India and China will rise and provide leadership to the world along with other great nations.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

As usual while we wish the best for everyone Indians can't seem to change. :rolleyes: Happy New Year Bro.

Let's not generalize. We don't assume that every Chin is like that clown Hong Wu or challenger or Hyperpower or.....

On an anonymous forum, one can't even be sure of one's nationality.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

No, I am not.

Being hot-tempered was always my weakness.

I just thought it would be nice to start a friendly thread in the new year.

Mate, you beat me to it. I wanted to start a thread about just the positive aspects of India Chinese relationship with no negative comments allowed.

Just keeping too busy.

Welcome back.

To Sanity. ;)

Yes, I hope India and China will rise and provide leadership to the world along with other great nations.

Well if India misses this demographic window, then it will be a blow to all of humanity, not just India.

On the bright side: India's demographic window is predicted to last for a long time, more than a few decades. Possibly for the entire first half of this century.

On the negative side: India has been a bit too late investing in infrastructure and education. Lack of infrastructure leads to bottlenecks, while a lack of education can turn a demographic dividend into a disaster.

You still have several decades left to capitalize on it, but only if the Indian leadership has the courage to carry through their decisions.

India is not likely to rise above its environmental limits before those environmental limits begin to impose severe constraints on its development.

I'm talking oil prices, food prices, education level, pollution, soil fertility and remaining resources.

India is not likely to rise above its environmental limits before those environmental limits begin to impose severe constraints on its development.

I'm talking oil prices, food prices, education level, pollution, soil fertility and remaining resources.

Is that a hope, a wish or just your thinking.

Where there is a challenge, there is an opportunity lurking somewhere.

And we have enough bright and energetic people who will seek out those opportunities and convert them. They have been doing it for the last 6 decades and the process has only accelerated in the last 2 decades.

I am here, I can tell you of the enormous change over the last two decades. Many have begun to appreciate it, some have still not caught up.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Well if India misses this demographic window, then it will be a blow to all of humanity, not just India.

On the bright side: India's demographic window is predicted to last for a long time, more than a few decades. Possibly for the entire first half of this century.

On the negative side: India has been a bit too late investing in infrastructure and education. Lack of infrastructure leads to bottlenecks, while a lack of education can turn a demographic dividend into a disaster.

You still have several decades left to capitalize on it, but only if the Indian leadership has the courage to carry through their decisions.

You are right. However steps are being taken to address this.

Trillions are being invested and being planned to be invested over the next decade. It may not yet have the spped of China, it is still quite impressive.

Our friends from Japan and China and West are going to supplement our efforts on this great joureny. With their capital and expertize. ;)

You are right. However steps are being taken to address this.

Trillions are being invested and being planned to be invested over the next decade. It may not yet have the spped of China, it is still quite impressive.

Our friends from Japan and China and West are going to supplement our efforts on this great joureny. With their capital and expertize. ;)

Do you think Modi would be better than Singh's Administration in terms of development?

Are you concerned that Singh is taking too many "u-turns" recently? Does Congress have the inner strength to push through economic reforms, without falling into political deadlocks?

Do you think Modi would be better than Singh's Administration in terms of development?

Are you concerned that Singh is taking too many "u-turns" recently? Does Congress have the inner strength to push through economic reforms, without falling into political deadlocks?
No, Yes, Yes

I don't know if you have heard it.

They say: India grows at night when the government is sleeping.

India has grown despite the government to a large extent. A favorable government can increase our growth rates by a couple of points.

And yes, any government now will push through the reforms. It is a matter of pace.

India has grown despite the government to a large extent. A favorable government can increase our growth rates by a couple of points.

Even in China, the majority of growth comes from the private sector. The big state-owned companies make the headlines, the small and medium enterprises make the growth rates.

And yes, any government now will push through the reforms. It is a matter of pace.

I get really confused by the politics in India. First everyone was jumping up and down about the BJP, now they seem to hate them?? Same with that Anna guy, do people hate him now?

Leaders should be elected on capability and efficiency. In India it seems to be a PR game (like in the West)... and the funny thing is that Congress has really bad PR even though everyone says they control the media!

Back
Top Bottom