What's new

India has to accept China's presence in 'exclusive' areas:

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India will have to accept the "new reality" of China's presence in areas it considers exclusive as it converts the relationship into a "meaningful partnership", External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said Monday, while stressing that greater collaboration between the two would define Asia's role in the 21st century.

As India and China move forward in "finding resolution to the issues, and in converting their relationship into a meaningful partnership, India will have to accept the new reality of China's presence in many areas that we consider an exclusive area for India and its friends", Khurshid said at the inaugural address of the Annual Convention of the Indian Association of International Studies here.

The convention was titled Dawning of the Asian Century: Emerging Challenges before Theory and Practices of International Relations in India.

"The rules of the game will change, and China will add to the richness with its presence and participation in many areas… A combination of their strengths is called for...

"I believe the real praise of India's foreign policy will come in being able to combine the strengths without targeting the aspirations of any one else in the world... providing greater collaboration between the two will define Asia's role in the 21st century," he said.
According to the minister, Indian Ocean Rim countries, or those countries with a coastline along the Indian Ocean, constitute a very important part of Asia and India "is a point of pivot".

He said many countries were "desperate" to have a closer link with the Indian Ocean, considering its importance in maritime and security issues, and China would "give its right arm to be as closely placed as India".

"The pivot that India provides to the concept is the stepping stone for links" to other countries around it, said Khurshid.

In spite of the "changing balance between principles and pragmatism, India's approach to international relations -- of enlightened self-interest has survived… an idea articulated by India's first prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru", the minister added.

On SAARC, Khurshid said the bloc's eight nations "are emerging realities, and India can't expect a stand-alone or stand-still policy of countries".

He termed as "very sad" the fact that very few Indians were interested in international relations. He hoped that the two-day convention would help "excite the juices of an average Indian" towards foreign policy.

India has to accept China's presence in 'exclusive' areas: Khurshid

Then you must accept the hinduvatas who say that pakistan should be taken back because it was under Indian control. same with the waters around it. If you apply the logic to the Chinese then let the entire world can start applying the same. My home made map is older than your home map theory is bit asinine personally... why is it so tough to follow International norms and rules in place?

Ok Mr. Salman Khurshid let start with accepting China's exclusive presence in areas like south tibet(arunachal pradesh) and askai chin.I always say that indian men ruling delhi never had spine right from nehru onwards. And they never disappoint me by proving my contentions about their gutless earthworm like life.
India needs a woman ruler to rule these spineless creatures.

Then you must accept the hinduvatas who say that pakistan should be taken back because it was under Indian control. same with the waters around it. If you apply the logic to the Chinese then let the entire world can start applying the same. My home made map is older than your home map theory is bit asinine personally... why is it so tough to follow International norms and rules in place?

Didn't knew India's External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid was from Pakistan. :cheesy:

Yes we accept Chinese presence anywhere in the world. They have the right. But we also expect open competition rather than trade barriers. Countries like SL, BD and Pakistan are giving unfair advantage to Chinese, basically they are licking up to their toes. Why not develop your companies and then allow Indians and Chinese to the market.

i think he is talking about resolving border dispute China the best deal for both the nations will always be India accepts Askai Chin as China's part n China accept AP as India's part, end of the Chapter...:)

Period.

I was speaking to the situation , I guess I should have made that clear for those who see it through the prism of whose side says what...

Well you elect and select them.....in any case, at least he's facing up to the facts and accepting the stark realities.

Well you elect and select them.....in any case, at least he's facing up to the facts and accepting the stark realities.

They also elect some radical hinduvatas, does that rule apply to their logic too? you elect guys who say Kashmir should be off the table and India and pakistan should move forward on other matters, but you protest that too here

i think he is talking about resolving border dispute China the best deal for both the nations will always be India accepts Askai Chin as China's part n China accept AP as India's part, end of the Chapter...:)

Period.
Thats what he is saying ie accept Chinese exclusive presence in AP.....

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom