What's new

India has never supported Pak : Afridi

Reaction score
The Pakistan Cricket Board should stop relying on India or any other Asian nation for support and become self reliant in solving its problems, says the national team's ODI and Twenty20 skipper Shahid Afridi.

Asked about the continued absence of the Pakistani national Twenty20 champions from the lucrative Champions League, the second edition of which concluded last week in Johannesburg, Afridi said India has never been supportive of Pakistan cricket.

"Leave alone the Champions League, tell me when has India ever supported Pakistan cricket?" Afridi told 'Geo Channel'.

"The truth is we have always been there to support India, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh but when time came for them to support us, they left us isolated.

"The truth is it is time we realized that not only India or Sri Lanka, Pakistan does not have many friends internationally and it is time we learnt to become self reliant and find solutions to problems ourselves," he added.

Afridi's comments echoed that of former team manager Yawar Saeed, who had on returning from London this week stated that Pakistan cricket had few friends in the world.

Yawar had criticised the ICC for its handling of the spot-fixing issue and pointed out that sadly Pakistan cricket was getting little support internationally.

Sad but true!

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

BTW, where the link?

Good, that's only way talented people will come front. Atleast now they see the reality. Ijaz Butt recent trip to India was to get support. Its good Indian showed there arse to this guy....

Just like Sohail Tanvir said " Hinduon ki to fidrat hi aisi hai!"

You chew balls, you fix games, you dont protect foreign teams - but yeah, blame India for not helping you.

And going by the way Ijaz Butt thanked ECB for their help, I dont think anybody in the world is going to be happy to help you. Keep digging your own graves.

Last edited:
i don't understand, why pakistan is the centre of controversy in most of the things. and why they keep blaming other. they should the blame on themselves and do some introspection. lets hope, some good people come to solve their miseries

The Pakistan Cricket Board should stop relying on India or any other Asian nation for support and become self reliant in solving its problems, says the national team's ODI and Twenty20 skipper Shahid Afridi.

Asked about the continued absence of the Pakistani national Twenty20 champions from the lucrative Champions League, the second edition of which concluded last week in Johannesburg, Afridi said India has never been supportive of Pakistan cricket.

"Leave alone the Champions League, tell me when has India ever supported Pakistan cricket?" Afridi told 'Geo Channel'.

"The truth is we have always been there to support India, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh but when time came for them to support us, they left us isolated.

"The truth is it is time we realized that not only India or Sri Lanka, Pakistan does not have many friends internationally
and it is time we learnt to become self reliant and find solutions to problems ourselves," he added.

Afridi's comments echoed that of former team manager Yawar Saeed, who had on returning from London this week stated that Pakistan cricket had few friends in the world.

Yawar had criticised the ICC for its handling of the spot-fixing issue and pointed out that sadly Pakistan cricket was getting little support internationally.

If Pakistan does not have many friends internationally as claimed by afridi or Sri Lanka and Bangladesh not supports pakistan are we responsible for that???????

Why single out India in the headline :hitwall: when the news report says "Pakistan does not have many friends internationally "

india shud support pakistan and can support but govt plays an important role in stalling the issues.so bcci cant do alone.pcb supported bcci several times.

Just like Sohail Tanvir said " Hinduon ki to fidrat hi aisi hai!"

You chew balls, you fix games, you dont protect foreign teams - but yeah, blame India for not helping you.

And going by the way Ijaz Butt thanked ECB for their help, I dont anybody in the world is going to be happy to help you. Keep digging your own graves.

so asharuddin was not dismised for match fixing??, matching fixing is nothing new in cricket. and as far as chewing the ball is concerned, u should be ashmed, because saqlain made ur ''bhaji'' learn the spin, and wasim taught fast bowling to irfan pathan your most influencial bowler.. pehle bowl pakarna seekho phir direct baat kerna.

india shud support pakistan and can support but govt plays an important role in stalling the issues.so bcci cant do alone.pcb supported bcci several times.

I second that. In recent times BCCI has politically kept away from supporting PCB at many junctions. BCCI should have kept politics away and shown support for a PCB (which has consistently supported BCCI on many occasions)

pakistan should let indians rot against goras, then pakistan, srilanka, bangla will mind their own business, while bharatis will get maximum racism, biases from goras

how is that related to match fixing? I think every country will support each other if it is regarding to promotion of game and teaching your cricketers.

Pakistan sure had and still has some of the best cricketers in the world. If India didn't support Pakistan in match fixing case, should it be blamed? After Azharuddin fixing scandal, I think BCCI had tried to maintain its distance from anything related to fixing. Should it be blamed for that?

If there is an racism issue or anything similar to that then one should blame India for not supporting Pakistan. Do you think Pakistan got compensation for the world cup matches it lost just on its own without any support for other Asian countries?

Back
Top Bottom