What's new

India has NEVER been a unified entity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toh Pakistan uppar se tapka thaa?

People of our region named our land, Pakistan. You on the other hand, are named by the British, yet I see butt hurt Indians, trying to insult China, by accusing it to be named by the British, yet ignoring to see the fact, Indians are a creation of the British from head to toe. This just shows how much jealous you people are of others. Inferiority complex much?

You always have one notorious one in the family, so do WebMaster in his team.

Troll thread achieving the motto of OP.

You always have one notorious one in the family, so do WebMaster in his team.

Troll thread achieving the motto of OP.

more like OP was trying to make fun of himself. The problem is these guys don't study any real history in school so when they get maps of Gupta dynasty on the internet they think they have unearthed a treasure and submit to the inclination of sharing their newfound knowledge with others. Only if they knew that this map is actually present in all the history textbooks of class VI students in India, they might choose to refrain from starting such idiotic threads.

People of our region named our land, Pakistan. You on the other hand, are named by the British, yet I see butt hurt Indians, trying to insult China, by accusing it to be named by the British, yet ignoring to see the fact, Indians are a creation of the British from head to toe. This just shows how much jealous you people are of others. Inferiority complex much?
What is in the name? :girl_wacko:

It is also referred as Hindustan or Bharat.

India has NEVER been a unified entity.

The title should have been" India had NEVER been a unified entity."

Fine so Two nation theory is justified. Now enjoy.

1395903_595586567143769_1744649808_n.jpg
HRR_1789_EN.png

This is Germany. All countries were like this. Read it again - all countries. Nation states are a new thing. That said, Brits have remained Brits, Franks Franks, Germans Germans and so on.
The troll fest that you were attempting to invite is completely unbecoming of a Moderator in this forum.

he he he its amzes me that a so called "MODS" of PDF has gone to this level just to went owt his frustation about current myhem in 'land of the pure' and to have a feel good he is posting a map of "gupta empire" while he is ignoaring mauryan , akbar/mughal & maratha empire the tree main empires when India was unified as one chinese member said "borders were never same but nation always existed" now go and read old roman and greek and persian and arab litrature im sure these guys will be amazed

The name China is derived from the Qin (Chin) Dynasty, which existed in 221 BC.

Which, needless to say, was over 2000 years ago.

The Indus on the other hand, is a River in Pakistan. Yet Indians, Red Indians, and West Indians were named after this river, even though it is not their River, but Pakistan's river. They were named so by the colonialists, since at that time the Indus existed within their Empire.

This new found identity and unity was not a domestic phenomenom, but a foreign one.

A united China didn't exist before Qing dynasty when they brought Western China in 17-18th century otherwise China had never been a nation outside the great wall. BTW the modern united China under one central leadership only came in 1950 when Tibet was integrated in China although I am excluding Taiwan from it. 
LOL what is "Ghong guo", that is not even a word. :lol:

The state of Qin/Chin existed in 778 BC.

Whereas the English language emerged more than 2000 years later, in 1550 AD.

How can Qin/Chin be named after a language that only came about two thousand years later? Do you have no sense of logic?

May be your ancestors were living in Minyue or Nanyue when the first so called united China came.

I can see the so called United China in this map when there still exists Minyue, Nanyue, Dian, Tibetan tribes etc. :omghaha::omghaha:

namviet200bc.jpg

Last edited:
@WebMaster , Aeronaut opens many thread without any link or credible source. I once complaint you about this on an open thread and the very next hour Aeronaut banned me permanently for no reason. It was only after you took the matter in your hand that my banned period was reduced. I have high respect for this forum and for you but when a Mod posts such troll thread or breaks forums rules, it does not set good example for both the members as well as the guests. just an opinion

Nations are not bind by boundaries but by feeling of belonging.

If you ask a man of 1947, he would have said that India was partitioned in 1947 not that 2 nations were created. Reason the people of that time feels they belong to India. The later argument is new, flawed and technical which lacks humane touch.

Few empires controlled much of India.

Mauryan_Empire_Map.gif

wh05_guptaempire.jpg

Devapala.jpg

Delhi_Sultanate.gif

1312568_orig.jpg

India_18th_century.JPG

But even though India was divided, there was a clear theme, a common culture among Indian groups all over. This can be seen in the architecture, clothing, etc. on all the different groups. This is a remarkable achievement how the culture spread throughout a large land mass. And when ever there were outside influences, the whole subcontinent would change with the trends. Usually the South being hit the last.

Last edited:
The name China is derived from the Qin (Chin) Dynasty, which existed in 221 BC.

Which, needless to say, was over 2000 years ago.

The name China was given by the Portuguese.

The English term for India is from Greek Ἰνδία (Indía), via Latin India. Indía in Koine Greek denoted the region beyond the Indus ("Ἰνδός") river in Pakistan, since Herodotus (5th century BC) ἡ Ἰνδική χώρη, hē Indikē chōrē; "Indian land", Ἰνδός, Indos, "an Indian"

Only the Indians here say it as a defensive reaction, because they are extremely defensive about something that they readily acknowledge amongst themselves, that there was no India before the age of colonialism.

The only reason Indians are even arguing against it, is because it was posted by a Pakistani moderator and discussed by a Chinese member.

Amongst themselves and in their own sites, Indians readily acknowledge this basic fact.

You hit the nail right on the head!!!

People of our land named our land as Bharat thousands of years back, while the name Pakistan never existed before 1947.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom