What's new

India has more claim over Tibet than China

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is huge difference between sustaining and average
let me rephrase the same for your easy assimilation..we growing at 9% now and this growth rate is expected go up.

As far reaching an average double digit growth rate is very subjective term..I can ask same to you..eg has China achieved an average double digit growth in last 50 yrs

Which is why I said sustaining an average growth rate, in the post you quoted. :no:

China's GDP in 2010... was around 6 trillion.

Look at the GDP projections, when will India reach the level that China achieved in 2010?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_future_GDP_(nominal)_estimates

Original data from IMF.

indian government has accepted Tibet as part of china. now can Indian plz stick to that????

We want to, man! What makes you think we don't? But then same behaviour must be reciprocated by the Chinese too.

They can't expect us to keep making concessions while they hand out stapled visas, deny visa to our general, and call our Kashmir 'Disputed' but Pakistani Kashmir 'part of Pakistan'.

It takes two to tango.

Which is why I said sustaining an average growth rate, in the post you quoted. :no:

China's GDP in 2010... was around 6 trillion.

Look at the GDP projections, when will India reach the level that China achieved in 2010?

List of countries by future GDP (nominal) estimates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Original data from IMF.

Yes but China will not be growing same pace either ..it is at the end of its growth cycle..while India is the beginning of its..Economist predict India will be growing at an average growth rate of 10% for next three decades.

Yes but China will not be growing same pace either ..it is at the end of its growth cycle..while India is the beginning of its..Economist predict India will be growing an average growth rate of 10% for next three decades.

Can you give me a link to that?

When is this "average" rate of 10% going to kick in for India?

These predictions of India reaching double-digit growth, have always fallen flat in the past. What makes it different this time?

Canada is overall less superstitious than US, even the Roman Catholicism is not that practical in Canada.

Oh C'mmon... you are generalizing the impression of the catholics in the deep south to the whole of the US... the only superstitious people are the ones who are under educated and not because of their Catholicism. I am sure if you visit the rural belt in Canada, China and India or for that matter any other country, you will find superstitious people. It is the education that matters and not the religion.

This is another clear example to why PRC and Chinese people, thinkers, academics, students, despise Dalai Lama. Dalai Lama is a pawn used by regional and international powers as a hedge against China, as long as he remains a thorn to the Chinese he serves his purpose as a conduit to destabilization in Tibet. He basically is a separatist leader under the disguise of a peaceful religious man wearing Buddhist monk robe and always seen putting his hands together giving the image of a peaceful man.

Tibet already is semi-autonomy. I understand China needs to improve it's human rights record and allow Buddhist Monks and Tibetan more civil rights, but the way Dalai Lama is going about it is confrontational whether you support him or not.

You cannot compare China and India's GDP in dollar terms. China's currency is pegged to the dollar while India's currency floats in a semi-market mechanism. Tomorrow if Indian rupee considerably appreciated against the dollar, the GDP in dollar terms will change. The same goes for China. The best way to compare the output of the two countries is to compare the installed power capacity, which is the real source for prosperity. India's installed capacity is about $160,000 MW while China's is about 750,000 MW. Given that the installed capacities are fully utilized, China's output is 5 times higher than India's. This is also natural because India is predominantly a service economy while china's is a manufacturing economy. There are further implications: $1 in India makes more money than $1 in China, because margins in the service business are much higher than margins in the manufacturing business. Infrastructure like roads and buildings are dicey indicators as well : More service business can be conducted with absolutely little physical infrastructure these days - think Internet - video conferencing etc. While in China, you need massive roads, ports etc to handle a manufacturing economy, which makes people work a lot but produces little in profits when compared to a service economy such as India or the US. Right now, I would say China's output is 5 times India's based on installed power capacity ( I dont use fudged GDP numbers). But, Bhutan says they are the #1 happiest country in the world and give a damn about the GDP. Take your pick. Not all of us want exploitation by capitalists and communists.

One more myth to be corrected: GDP growth rate also does not make any sense for these 2 countries. What makes sense is the target growth rate: how much the economy needs to grow to create a targeted number of jobs every year. Based on calculations, we know that India needs to grow between 15% and 17%. China's statistical data for most part is fudged by local authorities. So we cannot readily calculate. But unless you achieve the targeted growth rate both countries are under performing.

Also, between Indiana and China, we already have 1000 GW in energy installed. To become all the things India and China want for their people by 2030, they need to at least double to 2000 GW together. We really dont know if the Earth has resources to get to 2000 GW just for these 2 countries alone.

Bad thing for other nations is that India and China will crowd out resources for all other countries. Smaller nations will get squeezed out in the resource war as global capitalists manipulate the system for profits. I see a resource war looming between smaller nations and big countries. That is the action we are going to see.

This China versus India talk we see here is absolute nonsense as this scenario is not going to play out. China and India will join together and cooperatively bid as they have to keep the energy costs in check. Otherwise, people can bid these 2 countries up and pocket the price difference. Both countries know this. Only insane people on this forum can think that India and Chine will compete against each other. It is pretty much US, EU+BRIC versus the rest of the world. That is the fight. All other fights and skirmishes pale in comparison.

Can you give me a link to that?

When is this "average" rate of 10% going to kick in for India?

These predictions of India reaching double-digit growth, have always fallen flat in the past. What makes it different this time?

It's definitely not going to be this year. industrial out in at a 18month low, inflation is on the rise, fuel prices are going up (and India just ended its fuel subsidies so double hurt), the head of JP Morgan India puts this years growth at ~8% again.

You cannot compare China and India's GDP in dollar terms. China's currency is pegged to the dollar while India's currency floats in a semi-market mechanism. Tomorrow if Indian rupee considerably appreciated against the dollar, the GDP in dollar terms will change. The same goes for China. The best way to compare the output of the two countries is to compare the installed power capacity, which is the real source for prosperity. India's installed capacity is about $160,000 MW while China's is about 750,000 MW. Given that the installed capacities are fully utilized, China's output is 5 times higher than India's. This is also natural because India is predominantly a service economy while china's is a manufacturing economy. There are further implications: $1 in India makes more money than $1 in China, because margins in the service business are much higher than margins in the manufacturing business. Infrastructure like roads and buildings are dicey indicators as well : More service business can be conducted with absolutely little physical infrastructure these days - think Internet - video conferencing etc. While in China, you need massive roads, ports etc to handle a manufacturing economy, which makes people work a lot but produces little in profits when compared to a service economy such as India or the US. Right now, I would say China's output is 5 times India's based on installed power capacity ( I dont use fudged GDP numbers). But, Bhutan says they are the #1 happiest country in the world and give a damn about the GDP. Take your pick. Not all of us want exploitation by capitalists and communists.

Some good points but for God sakes use paragraphs and indentations please.

All those people suggesting Dalai Lama made this inflammatory remark out of emotions, are clueless. He didn't make this remark out of emotion rather he made it out of indoctrination and belief and what his paymasters tell him. He's been doing this for decades, he went into exile in 1959 he's been at it for decades.

The government set up in exile in India and, at least until the 1970s, received $US1.7 million a year from the CIA.

The money was to pay for guerilla operations against the Chinese, notwithstanding the Dalai Lama's public stance in support of non-violence, for which he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989.

The Dalai Lama himself was on the CIA's payroll from the late 1950s until 1974, reportedly receiving $US15,000 a month ($US180,000 a year).

Source: http://www.theage.com.au/news/business/behind-dalai-lamas-holy-cloak/2007/05/22/1179601410290.html

Good analysis! :tup: I want to be happy in my life rather than rich !

Thubten Normu, Dalai Lama's brother

Another brother of a famous figure, but without the unsavory associations, Norbu was the oldest sibling of the Dalai Lama. He first worked for the CIA as a translator, and in the 1960s, he helped the agency's efforts to arm Tibetan guerrillas fighting against Chinese rule. Last year, the Dalai Lama acknowledged that his organization funneled millions of dollars in CIA funding to a Tibetan paramilitary group.

Thubten Jigme Norbu - Who's Who on the CIA Payroll - TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom