What's new

India got corridor, not transit: Khaleda

Foreign exchange reserve has nothing to do with it. We suppose to keep 3 mos worth of import bill as reserve but we are keeping 5-6 mos. That is all. When reserve gone up govt asked private investor to take loan on foreign currency so that they could sell them.

Before jumping in to a discussion read the context. If 7 billion is not a big amount then I will disagree. It has no relation is a silly argument not relevant to the context of discussion.

Basically Narita airport of Japan shown keen interest to invest in that airport. Also Singapore airport a competitor as well. It will not only serve BD passenger and cargoes but also will act as a trnshipment facilities for other air destination.

Transit has nothing to do with Airport so let us stop discussing that unless 7 billion includes the airport which I dont think is the case.

Regarding Expressways. Its not only the building cost but also land price and rehabilitation cost involved. Land price is too high, as well as you have to relocate too many people for every road you construct. It is highly dense. On top of that, you need to build too many bridges in every roads.

If you had read the article it would need no more explanation. 1000 cr in 6000 cr i.e., 16.6% of the money is kept aside for land purchase prices. Also looking at the track record of previous rehabilitation the BD has done, I prefer not to counter this as it will open a new can of worms. Next, the example quoted is an express way and not a mere transit highway ! Get the difference.

Before jumping in to a discussion read the context. If 7 billion is not a big amount then I will disagree. It has no relation is a silly argument not relevant to the context of discussion.

Transit has nothing to do with Airport so let us stop discussing that unless 7 billion includes the airport which I dont think is the case.

If you had read the article it would need no more explanation. 1000 cr in 6000 cr i.e., 16.6% of the money is kept aside for land purchase prices. Also looking at the track record of previous rehabilitation the BD has done, I prefer not to counter this as it will open a new can of worms. Next, the example quoted is an express way and not a mere transit highway ! Get the difference.

No one denied that 7 billion usd is a big amount. But if you look at the construction cost of most of the modern airport it is in billions. Even delhi airport cost 3.5 billion usd. If I am not wrong is it your ego that is getting hurt that Bangladesh is a more bigger or expensive airport then any other airport of India... where you Indian were boosting the image of Kolkata airport couple of month earlier for the mare 500 million usd up gradation???

I told earlier it will be based on foreign invest on the basis of built operate and transfer. As iajdhani indicated already there are some investment proposal.

Which transit you are talking about??? Indian transit....???? Then hell no... it has nothing to do with Indian transit. What Iajdhani was saying is that the airport will be used as regional hub that Bangladesh wants to be in a decade or so.

abhe yaar....this is Bangladesh we're talking about here....not London or germany or even delhi....

7 billion is an astronomical figure for your country....relax and be happy....jeez...

abhe yaar....this is Bangladesh we're talking about here....not London or germany or even delhi....

7 billion is an astronomical figure for your country....relax and be happy....jeez...

I can smell the burnings inside your heart as this airport is going to be more then 2 time expensive then any other airport in India ...ohh wait it will also be 15 time more expensive then the super rich kolkata airport.... do not worry... we are happy. Think about yourself. Already there are investment proposal for the airport.

No one denied that 7 billion usd is a big amount.

:rofl: Here you go ...

Not really... it is not a big amount now a days. A tiny country like qatar is building an airport worth 11 billion usd which has a population less then 1.5 million. It is not a big amount if you compare the population of Bangladesh 160 million.

Your line of argument is the construction cost of an airport to prove it is a not a big amount and I show you the current Forex reserves that is more relevant to the value of 7 billion for Bangladesh. Airport has nothing to do with the 7 billion allocated so stop the digression and start making sense.

But if you look at the construction cost of most of the modern airport it is in billions. Even delhi airport cost 3.5 billion usd. If I am not wrong is it your ego that is getting hurt that Bangladesh is a more bigger or expensive airport then any other airport of India... where you Indian were boosting the image of Kolkata airport couple of month earlier for the mare 500 million usd up gradation???

:blah: :blah: :lol:

I told earlier it will be based on foreign invest on the basis of built operate and transfer. As iajdhani indicated already there are some investment proposal.

Again the diversion !
For the airport iajdani showed players expressing interest not for the transit ! Dont twist it. Everyone here can read!

Which transit you are talking about??? Indian transit....???? Then hell no... it has nothing to do with Indian transit. What Iajdhani was saying is that the airport will be used as regional hub that Bangladesh wants to be in a decade or so.

No I was talking about Martians using Bangladesh to move unobtainium.

Whether its a astronomical or not. Its coming to reality. Govt already purchasing land for it. There were some disputes with the locals in the previous location so they had to consider new location.
We are building things, just get used to it.

Your line of argument is the construction cost of an airport to prove it is a not a big amount and I show you the current Forex reserves that is more relevant to the value of 7 billion for Bangladesh. Airport has nothing to do with the 7 billion allocated so stop the digression and start making sense.

I already told you its a private investment. It will rather boost our reserve rather deplete it.

Again the diversion !
For the airport iajdani showed players expressing interest not for the transit ! Dont twist it. Everyone here can read!

Well it will act as a transhipment hub like Dubai. We are in perfect location. It is nothing to do with Indian transit.

Whats your point?

Just prove that 7 billion dollars includes airport. Period.

:rofl: Here you go ...

:blah: :blah: :lol:

Again the diversion !

Why the hell you are bringing transit here every time??? Are you naive or brain dead that you do not understand a simple fact that those investors who have shown interest for the airport, it is for making profit not transit. Now regarding becoming a regional hub I was meaning... Bangladesh is trying to be a regional hub like Bangkok, dubai, singapore etc. It has nothing to do transit. If you have ever traveled to any foreign country by air where you had to take transit then you should have understood what I was meaning. But from your name "ramu" you are appearing more like home servant then someone who can have this simple knowledge regarding regional hub.

:rofl: Why are you guys digressing from the topic. Corridor or Transit or whatever you call it has nothing to do with the mega airport plan. And by the way, the link you gave talks of the cost of the airport as 7 billion (and no other infrastructure)! Well good luck with that.

We have done a pre-feasibility study of the airport. It will be equal to the size of (Bangkok?s) Suvarnabhumi airport, with two runways,? said Majlish, who put the cost at 500 billion taka (seven billion US dollars).

Here is a good estimate on what the transit fee should be.
http://siteresources.worldbank.org/...61208-1300395869284/SA_Bangladesh_Transit.pdf

If you want India to invest in the infrastructure, then this fee should come down as an acknowledgement to the investment in my humble opinion.

BD did not ask India to invest in Infrastructure. Where did you get that?

And world bank will not give you transit BD will. You already seen the new rate proposed by core committee. I assume, BD will more likely stick to new rate plan. Now its your call.

Are you sure. Your countrymen was quoting 7 billion (in US dollars) for your new Airport alone. I think billions have no value for you Bangladeshis.

:rofl: Why are you guys digressing from the topic. Corridor or Transit or whatever you call it has nothing to do with the mega airport plan. And by the way, the link you gave talks of the cost of the airport as 7 billion (and no other infrastructure)! Well good luck with that.

Look at the post #44 by harpoon ... he had brought this airport in the discussion as he is not still believing bd is building a 7 billion usd airport.

Back
Top Bottom