What's new

India Gearing Up To Deploy Its Much-Awaited S-400 Missiles By Early Next Year To Neutralize PLAAF’s Stealth Advantage?

There is a huge difference in what russians say abt their weapon systems and what other incompetent and poorly trained countries do with them.
There, fixed it for you

The accent is hillarious i ADMIT

but the guy makes very good points

1. IAF has only 32 sqds against a need of 39 sqds
2. F16/52 and J20 are the biggest threats to deep strikes in india
3. IAF has low availability of fighters
4. S400 can see and track 600km and engage any where between 100 feet to 40,000 fet upto 400km
5, S400 can take out fighters in Pakistan air space as soon as they go airborne IN THEORY mind u
6. Its designed to fight against cruise missles drones and fifth generation threats

LIKE I SAID he explained it simply BUT FORGIVE the accent

ITS REAL FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Even the cruise missles will be taken out
I have always maintained that the combined additions of

S400 @ $5 or 6 billion
36 rafale at $8 billion
Barak 8 at $2 billion

ALL SINCE FEBRUARY 2019 ...........give india quantum leap in options and capability

I THINK repeating we shot down a mig21 and proved how rubbish IAF is complancey bordring arrogance and ignorance combined ..

YOU cant rest in complancy

The worlds militaries move on constantly .................YOU HAVE TO MOVE at their PACE ..... or get left behind
O man. Shit doesn't work this way. No missile can take out a jet at 400 km. Go listen to some ex pilots or maybe take a look at dcs.

Hi,
The S-400 system is potent but it has its weaknesses, like any system.

The 400 km range 40N6E is not yet cleared for export and is only used by Russian military.

Even if India gets the 400 km range missile, the earth's curvature is a problem at such ranges.

A target flying at 10 km altitude will be visible at 350 km range. Beyond that it won't be visible to the radar due to earth's curvature.

At those ranges the missile won't get guidance signal from base station and will have to rely on own homing radar. Such radars have very narrow field of view.
Ideally the missile is most effective at around 300km range and at that range the S-400 battalion is also within range of standoff weapons, such as Raad.

Hi,
The S-400 system is potent but it has its weaknesses, like any system.

The 400 km range 40N6E is not yet cleared for export and is only used by Russian military.

Even if India gets the 400 km range missile, the earth's curvature is a problem at such ranges.

A target flying at 10 km altitude will be visible at 350 km range. Beyond that it won't be visible to the radar due to earth's curvature.

At those ranges the missile won't get guidance signal from base station and will have to rely on own homing radar. Such radars have very narrow field of view.
Ideally the missile is most effective at around 300km range and at that range the S-400 battalion is also within range of standoff weapons, such as Raad.

No sane operator will use any SAM or AAM at its max range specially when target is an agile fighter thats not very good training you see.
These kind of missiles will be perfect for fighter size target around ~150 kms and ideal for strategic bigger targets like mili transports, refuelers & Awacs around 300 kms.
So ideally in case of India Pak scenario S400 radar sitting somewhere in mountains near pir panjal ranges will be able to target anything flying from as low as 300 meters in panjab plains and over 1 km or more near pir panjal and beyond in north for 500 or so kms. Now issue is pakistan is not even 300 kms in width specially when we talk about air distance from north India.

S-400 won't be placed at the border. They are there to guard their major cities and critical installations. For your further info they already have S-300s. Have anyone talked about them like the way we feel so much threatened with S-400. Placing near the border, say 100 km away from Indian Border will be easy pickings for our artillery, MRLS, short range missiles, cruise missiles, SOW weapons, drone attacks etc.. list goes on...

Indian forget we are already getting ready and training with Chinese to counter S-400.

Every few months an Indian comes on the forum, say, what Pakistan is going to do against S-400! :-)

S-400 won't be placed at the border. They are there to guard their major cities and critical installations. For your further info they already have S-300s. Have anyone talked about them like the way we feel so much threatened with S-400. Placing near the border, say 100 km away from Indian Border will be easy pickings for our artillery, MRLS, short range missiles, cruise missiles, SOW weapons, drone attacks etc.. list goes on...

Indian forget we are already getting ready and training with Chinese to counter S-400.

Every few months an Indian comes on the forum, say, what Pakistan is going to do against S-400! :-)
I as a Pakistani am asking the same question

I get that we are training against it but I believe we also need a good air defense system or at least some systems to fight it off (even though I know the whole Israeli campaign against Syria where they had latest Soviet defense systems but they were simply picked off and destroyed- which made Air defense lose thier hype but still)

India dont have all components of S300, India purchased the some missiles and components beneficial for any limited ABM capabilities in 90s. Also not more than couple of systems were acquired.

Regarding placing of S400 system, this system is well distributed and comes with redundant components a single system will be spread through a large area and all these components are highly mobile difficult to track and more difficult to target.

Launch batteries might be placed closer to border or LOC and radars can be placed on somewhere in nearby hills and near to major bases and will be mobile.

A country like pakistan will very limited resources for recce will find it impossible to track this kind of system.

Also need to take into calculations multiple Akash and Barak and other nunerous air defense systems India is deploying. Akashs might be deployed very near to borders as local systems can be much easily replaced just in case.

Only potential way against these many air defense systems is stealth which again is doubtful as American are worried about F35s against S400s not sure chinese stealth is anything close to American one might be a gen behind.

India will not only have S400 but below other systems.

AAD/PAD/PDV for ABM role
ASAT
Akash 1/1s/NG
QR Sam/Astra SAm
SPYDER/Python Sams
Barak/MR Sam
XR Sam/SFDR

Without reliable stealth it becomes very difficult to operate in this dense environment.

Last edited:
hope these chootarrs to our east realize that most of the electronic components in the S400 are Chinese...good luck using it against China or Pakistan. :lol:

Russia is self sufficient in defense chip manufacturing no requirements to source from china unless chinese demanded the same for their own systems.
Most of electronic requirements dont require that much of processing power.

India local defense systems has own locally made 128 nm chips more than sufficient for defense and space needs.
The main requirement is these electronics to be shielded from EMP and jamming.

Lol!

Since the chinese operate s-400, PA and PN and PAF will recieve all the necessary data and training to counter the s-400 system from the chinese.

The chinese due to their close alliance with the russians, will have been taught by the russians how to counter the s-400 system .

Basically Once again, indians got scammed by the russians. Indians are just too stupid to realise this.

😀😃

Last edited:
I guarantee Pakistan has multiple counters to this. It starts with low altitude drones, continues with electronic warfare and ends with flooding the theater of conflict with targets.

India has a history of importing expensive weapons and labeling them as Pakistan killers. I hope they continue to think like this.

I as a Pakistani am asking the same question

I get that we are training against it but I believe we also need a good air defense system or at least some systems to fight it off (even though I know the whole Israeli campaign against Syria where they had latest Soviet defense systems but they were simply picked off and destroyed- which made Air defense lose thier hype but still)

Jamming was a capability the PAF demonstrated in the 2019 skirmish. It will have to take it to the next level. Procuring or producing something like the Turkish HAVASOJ, getting towed decoy, expendable decoys, and small PGM jammers (like the Spear EW) for most of its frontline fighters and building up PGM inventories to penetrate and knock out enemy air defenses. Pakistan may also need dedicated jammer/fighter aircrafts like the growler to protect fighters during hostilities. Perhaps a variant build on the J-10; considering its ability to carry a larger payload. Decoy aircraft or drones can also be sent against the enemy to force them to use up their missiles before an actual attack. Something like the MALD-J.

remeber all these systems were developed by NATO countries to deal with the Russian S-400 threat, so why not take advantage of their R&D into the problem.

Back
Top Bottom