India: Fatwa 'bans watching cartoons'

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Does anyone listen to these fools ?

BBC News - India: Fatwa 'bans watching cartoons'

Clerics have declared a fatwa - or decree - banning the watching of cartoons, it seems.

Religious leaders at the Darul Uloom seminary, in Deoband, declared that viewing animations - even those featuring comedy characters - was against the tenets of Islam, reports the Bangalore-based Deccan Herald. It quotes senior cleric Mufti Arif Quasmi as saying: "[A] cartoon is a picture. Besides, it is not for the children. It should not be watched." There are many interpretations of Islamic teachings on the depiction of animate objects, with the most strict banning it completely on the basis that it imitates Allah's acts of creation. Other scholars, however, permit photography and video.

The Darul Uloom ruling was criticised by one member of the All India Personal Law Board for "making a mockery" of Islam. "I don't think the muftis who issued the fatwa have any knowledge of the subject or have applied their mind to understanding the art of cartoons at all," the senior Imam told Mumbai-based broadsheet DNA. It's not the first ruling by the seminary to cause controversy. In the past, it's reportedly declared it unlawful for women to use perfume containing alcohol, or to wear tattoos, jeans or "Western hairstyles".

Does anyone listen to these fools ?

BBC News - India: Fatwa 'bans watching cartoons'

Clerics have declared a fatwa - or decree - banning the watching of cartoons, it seems.

Religious leaders at the Darul Uloom seminary, in Deoband, declared that viewing animations - even those featuring comedy characters - was against the tenets of Islam, reports the Bangalore-based Deccan Herald. It quotes senior cleric Mufti Arif Quasmi as saying: "[A] cartoon is a picture. Besides, it is not for the children. It should not be watched." There are many interpretations of Islamic teachings on the depiction of animate objects, with the most strict banning it completely on the basis that it imitates Allah's acts of creation. Other scholars, however, permit photography and video.

The Darul Uloom ruling was criticised by one member of the All India Personal Law Board for "making a mockery" of Islam. "I don't think the muftis who issued the fatwa have any knowledge of the subject or have applied their mind to understanding the art of cartoons at all," the senior Imam told Mumbai-based broadsheet DNA. It's not the first ruling by the seminary to cause controversy. In the past, it's reportedly declared it unlawful for women to use perfume containing alcohol, or to wear tattoos, jeans or "Western hairstyles".

i give fatwa- he is a faggot

I give a fatwa that these morons wives are haram to them, as they have exited the true path, set out by Islam.......

Addendum to my fatwa: Their wives are fair game to all the cartoon watchers out there.....

Fukkkkkking moron maulvis....... :pissed:

My Fatwa is kick those idiots face hard that its look like cartoon

what will the parents tell the 5 yr old , that they cannt watch cartoon because of fatwa. As if the kids care about the fatwa.

with this fatwa,they made themselves look like Cartoon... :lol: really,their activities are funnier than Tom and Jerry show..Morons... :disagree:

If i tell my daughter about this fatwa i am sure she will surely kick one of those moulavi's

:woot: but but its election time how can they listen to Indian politicians with close eyes

wacky scenario for Muslim voters mehhhhh

I wonder when they will issue fatwa against living on Mother Earth?

This fatwa is not belong the teaching of Islam,
its Mula's personal creation and force the others life.

Back
Top Bottom