What's new

India eyes Israel's Iron Dome to counter Pak, puppets

Yeah and Pakistan would fire one missile or rocket and then wait for five hours to fire the next. And since anything that follows ballistic trajectory can be countered by Iron Dome so you can counter all the ballistic missiles of the world no matter what there speed is. You Bharatis are delusional beyond repair.

And you wont be able to stop that initial barrage let alone destroying Pakistani missile and artillery sites and getting away with it without any response..

I just gave the corroded steel as an example that someone even low IQ as that of a Bharati can understand how pathetic and low class those rockets of Hamas are. I am just loving the way you guys believe that India can shot down anything that follows Ballistic trajectory. And I thought I am an a "defense" forum. :lol:

Dear sir,

A missile defence system is not the deterrence for India, I hope you understand that. as far as you barrage is concerned, you might not want to know about the response to that. sleep well.

Oh I forgot. I am talking to a Richie Rich Indian. Anyways we would spend just one dollar to counter every 5 dollars you spend against us. And looking at your procurement of Iron Dome, I think this strategy is working well for us(and for Chinese).

I can't understand why you people keep writing off the Indian military- in the next 7-8 years India will spend the equvilent of 20 times Pakistan's annual defence budget on modernisation alone discounting its annual defence budget that is already 8 times Pakistan's and growing year on year. Do you think all this money will bring about 0 returns??

Well, lets hope Pakistan keeps countering India's weapons!
I sincerely hope they keep doing it, its done their economy a world of good, and if they keep continuing India would be happier!

Israel is a small country geographically, the distances between Palestinians areas & Israeli cities are not very large. India is a huge country and will almost never suffer a similar worry. Extremely unlikely that even if LeT is allowed to have & fire the type of missiles Hamas is doing, we still have not the same fear as the Israelis. Indian forces will almost always retaliate to such an attack (not to be mistakenly associated with a terrorist attack that can be disclaimed)& Pakistani border positions would take a terrible beating. Just don't see the Pakistani military willing to allow for such a possibility.

This is not to say that India must not look at all measures to secure herself, including the Iron dome. Only that we must be realistic in the kind of threats that we will commonly face.

this war on terror can take any shape and form. These same jihadis in future could be hurling biological weapons. Who Knows??
We have to be prepared for any eventuality??? It is better yet to find the source of these weapons- if they are from Iran or Syria.
Punish the countries with dire consequences which will deter other countries in the neighborhood. These Hamas have turned out to be no good people - always up to some mischief or the other.

This is great news. Also, today was the successful testing of interceptor missile of Indian BMD.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/220662-india-test-fires-ballistic-missile-interceptor.html#post3631155
Having a effective BMD system is the only way to checkmate Pakistan's nuclear blackmail...

this system is not gona work against cruise missiles .............. so .....

This is great news. Also, today was the successful testing of interceptor missile of Indian BMD.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/220662-india-test-fires-ballistic-missile-interceptor.html#post3631155
Having a effective BMD system is the only way to checkmate Pakistan's nuclear blackmail...

here come 10 kadam mentality again......:lol:

also equip all the soldiers with ironfist counter measure...... we might fire rpgs as last resort :D

rpgs are still advanced than Gulail. Indians think we might use it as a last resort:woot:

Wait...I'm confused. How can Iron Dome be used against a nation like Pakistan?
The main component of Iron Dome is advanced AESA artillery radar. In case of border encounter in can very accurately locate sources of hostile artillery for counterbattery fire it can also intercept heavy artillery rockets such as A-100 directed at important installations.

Well these rockets are not kinda high tech rockets, they are hand made fire crackers. Even then intercept these rockets are bad, plus these few dollar crackers are shooting down with very expensive interceptors ...

Well these rockets are not kinda high tech rockets, they are hand made fire crackers. Even then intercept these rockets are bad, plus these few dollar crackers are shooting down with very expensive interceptors ...
You think that Fajr-5 that weight 1 ton and flies at range of 80 km is a fire cracker?

I really doubt whether this Iron dome will be suitable for India. I have my following interpretation.

1- Iron Dome can be more used for an asymmetric warfare like Hamas firing at Israel. But in case of any of India's border war, it will not be asymmetric. Once Rocket firing start,then the next sequence of action lead to full scale war including missiles and ground troops. So in this scenario, anti ballistic or anti missile defense comes into the picture and more relevant.

2- Indigenous development should be priotized as we are not immediately facing any threat or war.
3- Its one of the best product in the specific situation where Israel.
4- In case India imports, then we should target to learn the technology, in case if it is possible, and build up our own anti missile shield.

well like i had said earliear & i am repeating it again india should blindly go for a system like iron dome as pakistan is increasingly focusing on building tactical nukes & short range Nasr missiles ,i think Iron dome would be be the best bet for india for it's cold start
doctrine

Yeah and Pakistan would fire one missile or rocket and then wait for five hours to fire the next. And since anything that follows ballistic trajectory can be countered by Iron Dome so you can counter all the ballistic missiles of the world no matter what there speed is. You Bharatis are delusional beyond repair.

My dear i was referring to your "corroded steel hamas missiles" vs "super advanced pakistani missiles"..The point was that by Iron dome's specification they can very well intercept Pakistani MBRLs and short range missiles like NASR the same way they intercept "corroded steel FAJR-5"missiles of hamas.And no not all ballistic misssiles but short range ones like MBRLs and NASR.

And you wont be able to stop that initial barrage let alone destroying Pakistani missile and artillery sites and getting away with it without any response..

Yeah...Djinns wearing green shalwar kameez will be fighting along with you guys..Dont worry of Iron dome

I just gave the corroded steel as an example that someone even low IQ as that of a Bharati can understand how pathetic and low class those rockets of Hamas are. I am just loving the way you guys believe that India can shot down anything that follows Ballistic trajectory. And I thought I am an a "defense" forum.

FAJR-5 is neither made from corroded steel tubes nor it is pathetically low class-Ignorance is not a fault but vomiting it everywhere is..When Indians tried to educate you that Iron dome is designed against any short range ballistic projectile whether made of "corroded steel" or pakistani MBRLs,you lost your argument and is holding on to "boo hoo indians think they can shoot any ballistic projectile..".Even in posts previous to yours,indian members including me were talking about Iron dome's potential defense against short range pakistani missiles like NASR and MBRLs,not the ones like shaheen.

this system is not gona work against cruise missiles .............. so ....

SAMs that can intercept cruise missiles are possessed by more than 20 nations including india and pakistan(SPYDER,SPADA etc)..Ballistic missile defense is a different game altogether and India was the fourth nation to successfully test ballistic missile interception.Till now only 5 nations have anti ballistic missile capability(US,Russia,China,India,Israel).

I really doubt whether this Iron dome will be suitable for India. I have my following interpretation.

Huh???? seriously:what:

1- Iron Dome can be more used for an asymmetric warfare like Hamas firing at Israel. But in case of any of India's border war, it will not be asymmetric. Once Rocket firing start,then the next sequence of action lead to full scale war including missiles and ground troops. So in this scenario, anti ballistic or anti missile defense comes into the picture and more relevant.

dude ,india would not be buying Iron dome to counter only rockets but to take out short range tactical missile like NASR which
is purposely designed to counter india's CSD .Ballistic missiles & cruise missile scenario would come later but for that india has it's own ABM & SAMS ,but there is no defence against such short range tactical BM like NASR so Iron dome is the only option

2- Indigenous development should be priotized as we are not immediately facing any threat or war.
LOLLLZ
i dont know what is immediate threat ????:lol: as if we dont have any enemies or threat or any chance of war in distant time

3- Its one of the best product in the specific situation where Israel.
well thats not mandatory or compulsory that only ISREAL is the place where iron dome would be effective ,Technology is the
most important driving factor .Infact it is specifically designed for short range rockets & tactical missiles
4- In case India imports, then we should target to learn the technology, in case if it is possible, and build up our own anti missile shield.
hmm thats a goood point :D
of course india is grateful to our jewish friends for their technological help they have given us to build our own ABM & who knows in future we could built similar systems like IRON DOME

Hand made firecrackers,corroded steel tubes...etc etc..hmm

FAJR-5

FAJR-5.jpg

The latest production of the Fajr-5 is installed on a new 6 x 6 forward control chassis[4] and the platform is now integrated into a complete weapon system rather than an individual launcher. To provide a more stable firing platform four hydraulically operated stabilizers are lowered to the ground before firing.

The new chassis has improved cross-country mobility and the forward control fully enclosed cab provides space for the driver and two passengers. Another fully enclosed cabin to the immediate rear of the cab houses the remainder of the crew. The new Mercedes-Benz chassis is similar to that manufactured in China, which is used as the basis for the Norinco (China North Industries Corporation) 122 mm (40-round) Type 90 ARS.

While the primary role of this artillery rocket system is the engagement of land targets, AIO says that a radar can be added to give the system the capability to track and engage naval targets. The Fajr-5 missile, which is launched from a mobile platform, reportedly has a range of 75 kilometers (50 mi).

Back
Top Bottom