What's new

India eyes Israel's Iron Dome to counter Pak, puppets

Well, lets hope Pakistan keeps countering India's weapons!
I sincerely hope they keep doing it, its done their economy a world of good, and if they keep continuing India would be happier!

Indeed so !

In 2010, Iron Dome was criticized by Reuven Pedatzur, a military analyst, former fighter pilot and professor of political science at Tel Aviv University[86] for costing too much compared to the cost of a Qassam rocket (fired by Palestinian forces), so that launching very large numbers of Qassams could essentially attack Israel's financial means.[87] The estimated cost of each Tamir interceptor missile is US$35,000–50,000[17] whereas a crudely manufactured Qassam rocket costs around $800.[88]

Sure , keep buying these expensive toys which can be countered by low cost artillery ... Pakistan doesn't even need to buy any new weapon if you chose to acquire it , our existing systems are overkill for the said SAM ... Also the " Iron Dome " system will be quickly overwhelmed since unlike Palestinians , the PA wont wait for days or fire a few artillery on the invading troops :cheesy:

Iron Dome has been criticized as ineffective in countering the Qassam threat for the southern city of Sderot, given the short distance and flight time between the much-attacked city and the rocket launching pads in the Gaza Strip.[87][91]

How much time will you have to counter the incoming missile in the theatre level warfare ? :azn:

How will it counter our stealthy cruise missiles like Babur and Ra'ad ?

Can you provide any scientific citation regarding the coating material affecting trajectory of a rocket, given that much of your MBRL are Russian Grad standard.

Even i forgot i'm talking with a troll.

OH I was wrong. Indians are dumb. As I said I gave corrosion as an example. That a rocket based on some type of material shows how primitive and useless those rockets are and Iron Dome is meant for these rockets not for 300mm A-100 MBRL whose rockets might be coming in dozens at a massive speed.

And A-100 isn't Russian Grad standard.

What are its chances to counter our stealth capable cruise missiles like Babur and Ra'ad ?

Not meant for that,

For Ballistic missiles
PAD
AAD
S-300PMU-2
SA-5 Gammon

For Anti-CM system
Akash SAM
Kub (SA-6 Gainful)
9K22 Tunguska
LRSAM
MRSAM

India is not buying Iron dome, not as of now

OH I was wrong. Indians are dumb. As I said I gave corrosion as an example. That a rocket based on some type of material shows how primitive and useless those rockets are and Iron Dome is meant for these rockets not for 300mm A-100 MBRL whose rockets might be coming in dozens at a massive speed.

And A-100 isn't Russian Grad standard.

Speaking of speed, Pakistan got itself equipped with CM-400 Missiles with a capability of reaching upto Mach 5.5. Imagine if dozens are fired. :azn:

Speaking of speed, Pakistan got itself equipped with CM-400 Missiles with a capability of reaching upto Mach 5.5. Imagine if dozens are fired. :azn:

That's supposed to be an anti ship missile fired from a Fighter Jet - the Iron dome is not meant for that either.

yeah convention hypersonic pgm.. something doesn't add up

Well they have Akash SAM and AAD, PAD etc etc to counter it. They think picking up missiles and engaging them is as easy as playing badminton. You just have to collect the incoming shuttlecock and hit it back. :)

That's supposed to be an anti ship missile fired from a Fighter Jet - the Iron dome is not meant for that either.

It can be used against land targets too.But then again it is too obsolete for you guys. :)

Indeed so !

In 2010, Iron Dome was criticized by Reuven Pedatzur, a military analyst, former fighter pilot and professor of political science at Tel Aviv University[86] for costing too much compared to the cost of a Qassam rocket (fired by Palestinian forces), so that launching very large numbers of Qassams could essentially attack Israel's financial means.[87] The estimated cost of each Tamir interceptor missile is US$35,000–50,000[17] whereas a crudely manufactured Qassam rocket costs around $800.[88]

Sure , keep buying these expensive toys which can be countered by low cost artillery ... Pakistan doesn't even need to buy any new weapon if you chose to acquire it , our existing systems are overkill for the said SAM ... Also the " Iron Dome " system will be quickly overwhelmed since unlike Palestinians , the PA wont wait for days or fire a few artillery on the invading troops :cheesy:

Iron Dome has been criticized as ineffective in countering the Qassam threat for the southern city of Sderot, given the short distance and flight time between the much-attacked city and the rocket launching pads in the Gaza Strip.[87][91]

How much time will you have to counter the incoming missile in the theatre level warfare ? :azn:
i can't understand why u think like we will always be at the receiving end and u will be at the the giving....battlefield is not a s** orgy place,where one is always the doner and the other a receipter :lol: the iron dome will help us to save lives and resources in the field..and what makes u think that you will only strike and we will keep our pinaka mbrl,smerch mbrl,prahaar nlos-bsm for public display???

Well they have Akash SAM and AAD, PAD etc etc to counter it. They think picking up missiles and engaging them is as easy as playing badminton. You just have to collect the incoming shuttlecock and hit it back. :)

It can be used against land targets too.But then again it is too obsolete for you guys. :)

No idea about that, even if true then again the Iron dome is not meant for that either.

i can't understand why u think like we will always be at the receiving end and u will be at the the giving....battlefield is not a s** orgy place,where one is always the doner and the other a receipter :lol: the iron dome will help us to save lives and resources in the field..and what makes u think that you will only strike and we will keep our pinaka mbrl,smerch mbrl,prahaar nlos-bsm for public display???

Kid , you are new to this forum , spend some time here and you will realize who always hypothesize the " best case scenario for themselves " and " worst case for others " ... Underestimate all others and Overestimate yourself is the quality of your lot , not mine ... :azn: ... Yes , we know battlefield is an challenging even changing environment and nothing is as simple as you guys are thinking here ... Neither can the Iron Dome can intercept every missile - because it is designed to stop obsolete Hamas missiles and even then the record isn't that good nor it is capable of stopping a barrage of artillery which can quickly overwhelm the system ... I was just commenting on the ridiculous claim by your fellow countrymen who thought buying Iron Dome will force Pakistan to buy new weapons and thus draining his economy ... I just pointed out for that expensive system Pakistan Army already has an overkill countermeasure you are planning to acquire ...

But of course your adversary doesn't possess missile / MANPAD's / SAM / artillery or weapons locating radar right ? Again reflecting the same mentality of your lot ...

If these so called senior posters read a bit about "Iron-Dome" they will know what they are writing is nothing but crap. Just a quick googling will tell them that it is intelligent enough to distinguish between a dud and an actual warhead. Also these system are specifically designed when Patriot anti-missile batteries failed to protect Israel from Saddam Hussein’s Scuds in 1991. The detection & tracking algorithms are designed to handle launching of multiple batteries of them at a same time .And A-100 MLRS are not ballistic or cruse missiles, they are just a sub-ton(In weight), un-guided, without any terminal guidance or maneuverability rockets. Once their rocket motors are ignited they just follow a trajectory to "fall" on their targets. And when any projectile follows a "Known" or "Calculable" path without any means to change or modify its trajectory in real time, its no biggie to intercept it, given enough physical and computational resources . Iron Dome just dose the same god-damn thing.

For a minute will one consider that military installations or a forwarding column of mechanized infantry which was once helpless without any Iron Dome will latest have fighting chance. OK, lets assume ,what previously one of my friend pointed out, that "the t&d radars of Iron Dome is intimidated by the sheer magnificence of PAk army. . . " , it gives a 50% efficiency, so out of 100 rockets launched (I know I know u ought to come up with "We will launch millions of NUKE tipped rockets from A-100 & NASAR. . ") we will takeout 50 and the rest find the targets in the column. Again lets assume the rockets a re "MOST MODERNIZED" un-guided rockets , but still each of them find a target bang-on [Now u can't say I am taking the best case scenario from my point of view], earlier 100 mechanized infantry units where killed, now 50 survive. I again know u will pester me with "Are we going to stop at Million NUKE tipped un-guided rockets & NASAR, we will keep pounding u with another Billion of them....". To these kind of posters, I say "Yup, we will just walk right into the kill-zone!! :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:"

^

What is the probability of a successful intercept ? Check the Iron Dome's record against obsolete Hamas missiles , it isn't that good and what you will be facing at your western or northern borders will be 100 times more sophisticated than that !

Even if it is capable of distinguishing between a dud/dummy and an actual warhead , Pakistan isn't going to use a dummy to fool the system because it doesn't need to do that , the Pakistani artillery which some of the guys here think consist only of A100's MBRL will fire in thousands and quickly overwhelm the system , there will no several days delay and a few missile like the Palestinian authority ...

What is the cost effectiveness of this system ? The Iron Dome despite being able to save lives has been severely criticized for extremely high cost when compared to the artillery/low cost missiles it faces ...

Finally , a serious shortcoming of this system is the inability to intercept incoming missile which have a short distance and flying time , considering that you will be using the said system on the border , the artillery will not give you that much time and thus reduce the effectiveness of the system ...

Back
Top Bottom